Chinese-Forums

Can't feel any progress

vivea

3 hours ago, vivea said:

what if you have to refer to the people?

You could say "The Chinese people".  Makes a difference between people and a statistic maybe. 

(This thread is going way off track now...)

• Like 1

Skype again. Maybe I should reinstall it. It can't hurt. (Skype used to be so good before Microsoft bought it... The current Skype is nothing like it used to be, they've even removed a lot of settings for no reason, like font, font size, and many others, and you can't even be 'away' anymore, you can only set your status to 'don't disturb', which sounds rude)

A guy who was studying the same online course as me recently announced that he's passed HSK-1 with 200\200. The teacher replied that others had previously passed HSK-2 afterwards, as well. I think I'm going to try these two after I've finished the course in a couple of weeks, that should serve as a nice boost in self-confidence! Online, of course. No reason to travel somewhere for an official HSK test at such low levels.

5 minutes ago, vivea said:

Online, of course. No reason to travel somewhere for an official HSK test at such low levels.

Hey @vivea, great to hear you're feeling ready for some objective measures. However "online" HSK still have to be taken in a registered test centre.  

Check out the HSK threads.  At HSK 1-2 level "online" (on the computer) or paper-based  makes no difference really because it's all based on listening and reading.

@mungouk

I had this in mind, for self-testing purposes (the link the teacher gave us):

https://www.confuciusinstitute.manchester.ac.uk/study/testing/hsk/hsk-learning-resources/

And I know that there are time limits, of course, there's no point in cheating.

But do you mean that one can officially pass HSK online these days? I didn't know about it.

How do I find out if there's such a center in my city? I kinda doubt there is, but it's worth checking. Sorry, I know nothing about how the official HSK works.

Nevermind, I've found the information on the site. All the centers are too far to travel to, why do I live in such a huge country... Well it doesn't matter, 1-2 are low levels anyway. Besides, I'm no student, so I wouldn't get any real benefit for officially passing any HSK level.