Chinese-Forums

Part time jobs with an x-1 visa?

Rastiazul

• New Members

Hi, i have read that if I have an x1 visa I could get a permit with the university to get a part-time job or an internship. If Im studying chinese , could I get a job teaching english? I couldnt find much information about how that permit works

thanx

I don't know if there's a "permit" as such; from what I've read you need permission in writing from your university.

Also, if you're on a scholarship it could be that the terms of the scholarship say that working is not allowed.

• 2 months later...
  • New Members

Rastiazul,

Did you end up finding an answer to this? Assuming you went to Beijing for study during September.

I'm going to Beijing in February and I'm looking to get a part time job alongside my study so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

The last I saw - and this will depend very much on how each city implements things, and how up to speed your university is - the only way to work on a student visa is if it's relevant to your degree and the university and PSB all agree.

There's a lot of unofficial English teaching going on. Working for a school is probably riskier (more likely to get caught if the PSB pop in to check on things) but some low-key private English lessons... I'd not be too worried.

• Like 1