Chinese-Forums

december 2005 Global Village

pegbaten

Hello everyone, do the Chinese lessons at Global Village continue in December 2005 ? Or are there interruptions because of the holidays ? Is it true that one can simply turn up and join the lessons or do you have to register a few days in advance ? Is it wise to start the lessons on a Monday or every second Monday (which one then in December ?) or is it not important ? My husband and me know approx. 500 Characters and we would like to consolidate what we already learned...especially orally ! After 2 weeks (4 hours a day or so...) at Global Village (if we manage to find it) we would like to continue travelling in China. We've been in China before. Thanks in advance for your advice !

hi,

i m currently studying there ( i begun last week ).

first, i don t know if the course will stop on december, but i will go and ask tomorrow.

it is really easy to begin a course with them, my advice, as you can have 1 free course, should be to go there and ask them directly and try by yourself with the course you want to attend ( just to check if the level is what you are looking for ).

to find it, finally it s not very complicated. you take the subway ligne 13 till wudaoku station. then you go out and take the first street north west from the station. then at may be 30 meters from the cross road there is a building ( just after the kind of square) and it s there.

warning: actually the name of the school is not global village but ( sorry i don t remember well ) something like qudiuci.

if you ve got more question don t hesitate, i will be glad to help you.

laurent

Thanks for the info. I really would like to know whether there is an interruption in the classes in December. Thanks for asking it. Something else..Would it be possible to have 4 hours of conversation a day at Global Village ? Can you choose the starting time of the classes or are they fixed ? I mean by this : are there for example lessons level II at nine o' clock in the morning or could you also go at the same level lessons at twelve o'clock or at two o'clock ?

Are the lessons only given on weekdays or do they sometimes continue in the week-end ?

What is the price for one hour or does it depend on the course ?

Is the area around there cosy to live or is it nicer to live in another area and to take the subway daily ? Merci d'avance ! Peggy and Johan from Affligem (the name of a beer in Belgium)