Chinese-Forums

2019 CSC Scholarships

lethargica
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

6 hours ago, empatsehat said:

I would be applying from my home country's embassy...

Hi I have provided and extract from the CSC 2017 FORUM

Steps for Embassy application
1. You send your application to a third party representative of CSC (maybe your school).
2. The third party (OR you can apply directly) sends application to your native country's China Embassy.
3. Your native country's China Embassy sends your application to the Beijing CSC office.
4. The Beijing CSC office sends your application to your selected schools.
5. If and when a school accepts you, your acceptance is sent to the Beijing CSC office.
6. The Beijing CSC office sends your acceptance to your native country's China Embassy.
7. The China Embassy sends your acceptance and all needed documentation to you.

You can always go back to the old forum's to research. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 디에고 said:

Hy I will also apply for the scholarship through OAS route, and one university type B, for getting better chances. I am from Colombia and applying for a master's degree. We can be in touch to know our advances.  Blessings Shaquelle.?

Hi,

All the best !!!!

• Thanks 1

• New Members

Hey!

I am going to apply for a scholarship through Embassy route and for MA programs which require IELTS. Unforutnately my IELTS gonna be on 23 March so I am unable to submit my application with IELTS. Is it a big issue to send my IELTS directly to University after the deadline or they gonna fail me instantly?

Thank You for support

Just now, Lu_ said:

what happens if tuition fee is higher than csc tuition coverage

This happened to two friends of mine. Tuition can be covered up to 30,000 yuan per year, and one them had a tuition of up to 100,000yuan and the other around 75,000yuan. They said they were both told (I dont know by who or how or when) that they were granted the scholarship to their target university (were tuition was the aforementioned) but they had to cover the rest (70,000yuan and 45,000,yuan, respectively). The first one said No, thank you, and was sent to her second choice university, and the second one accepted and he looked for other scholarships in his country to cover the rest.

• Helpful 2

On 2/14/2019 at 2:42 PM, limoo said:

I am going to apply for a scholarship through Embassy route and for MA programs which require IELTS. Unforutnately my IELTS gonna be on 23 March so I am unable to submit my application with IELTS. Is it a big issue to send my IELTS directly to University after the deadline or they gonna fail me instantly?

Something like this happened to me 2 years ago. I applied through Embassy and I had one expired TOEFL and I was going to take it again on a date that was after we had to send the papers to the Embassy. What I did was I sent my papers with my expired TOEFL and I sent a message to the Chinese Education Aggregate at my country´s Embassy (his contact was at the end of the scholarship announcement in my country and he was a very helpful and responsive man). He said no problem I could send it to him when I had it, which I did, but he never said if he added the new TOEFL to my papers. I ended up getting the scholarship, so I guess either he did or they let me pass my expired certificate (it was expired just one year ago). I hope you can do something similar, although starting from the year following to the one I applied the announcement in my country added a clause that they are no longer accepting expired English certificates, I guess it happens to a lot of us

Note: It was for one year language study, I think it could be "more mandatory" for a postgraduate program 

• Helpful 1

• New Members

Thanks for both for your answers. That's really helpful.

Yes I've asked them already. At Jiao Tong they are okay and require to have screenshot from registration to IELTS in the application package. I don't know how about other universities cause the communication is quite limited. Anyway I found an earlier date (March 9) in different city so I am going to approach IELTS quick as lightning.

Thanks also for information about the tuition and scholarship coverage. For financial and business degrees that's the case (also my case). Is there anyone who knows if it's possible in China to obtain any government backed student loan with low interests, something similar like in UK? I am seriously debating with myself is it worthwhile to spend additional bucks for a tuition in China, while Europe has a variety of great finance degrees with no tuition fees.

• Like 2

@philippo and community in general, can you help me, please?

In the online application it requires you to upload certificates of highest education and transcripts of highest education, does it only requires the very last education certificate and transcript? or does it require the last ones and the high school certificate and transcription as well? because from what I understand its only the last one (in my case my Bachelors diploma and transcript) the announcement in my country requires the exact same documents required at the bottom of the application online, but adding also the ones from high school as well, and since Im applying through Embassy and they are gonna send my documents to China I am wondering if they have to be exactly the same documents.

I hope you guys can help me with this doubt 

@GabrielaVD i dont really get your question. But it is statement your should upload transcript and highest degree diploma result 

Your previous educational level should have a result issued by the college, high school or instititute to certify that you are a graduate of that institute.

Upload it.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

On 2/16/2019 at 11:18 PM, GabrielaVD said:

(70,000yuan and 45,000,yuan, respectively)

this has happened to me, as my second option´s tuition fee is 40000, and scholarship covers up to 25000. I guess I would pass if I got selected. Does anyone know any ways to ask for more scholarships in order to compensate this problem tho?

PS: I have contacted my embassy regarding this. I will keep you guys posted in case you are interested. The CSC page states that

"Tuition waiver. Tuition funds will be comprehensively used by the host university. It may cover scholarship students’ education, administration costs and expenditures to support student activities" so idk

• Good question! 1