Chinese-Forums

2019 CSC Scholarships

lethargica
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

5 hours ago, sarahxianlu said:

The contact at the China Embassy in DC said just a notary public works, does anyone know what this looks like?

You can usually find notary publics at your local City hall, or even UPS stores. These are just people who are certified and registered to notarize documents. Essentially, they sign off on your document indicating that it is real.

However, you will also need to know what your state guidelines are for getting transcripts and diplomas notarized. I'm from Texas and went to school in Texas, but by state law I can't get my diploma notarized by just any registered public notary (even tried taking it to the UPS store anyway to see what would happen and they refused). I have to go through my school to get these documents notarized.

I don't think this is the norm though - for the most part if you take your document to a public notary and they notarize it for you, you should be fine. It's also best if you make a copy of your original documents and get those notarized so that you don't have to send off the original with your application.

Hope this helps.

On 12/22/2018 at 9:28 AM, Marcela said:

Thank you! I’ll try to get in touch with the university to know better about the process. But, in case you can help, I saw on their website about the shanghai scholarship. In the scholarship content they only talk about masters and doctors, however, when it comes to eligibility they also talk about undergraduates. Because of that I wasn’t sure whether I, as an undergraduate, could apply to this scholarship or not. I will try asking them to make things clear. And thank you!

P.s: I’m aware this area is mainly for CSC 2019, so I apologize ^^

There are definitely undergraduate scholarships but teaching medium would be English and applicants only come through embassy pathway. You can confirm with the university. To apply for the scholarship you will need a graduation certificate or if you haven't graduated then "school letter mentioning that you will graduate on this date" 

On 12/23/2018 at 4:08 PM, sarahxianlu said:

I was told that notarization of transcripts is optional now, but I'm still planning on doing it just to be safe. Does anyone know EXACTLY what the standard is and how to get a HIGH SCHOOL diploma and transcript notarized? I read that the Embassy in Beijing doesn't notarize educational documents, but I also saw somewhere that notarization isn't enough, and we have to get an apostille. The contact at the China Embassy in DC said just a notary public works, does anyone know what this looks like?

You can get it done at some foreign language school in Beijing or Notary office. There are notary offices in every district. They will verify your documents and will do the notary for you.  

Hello guys im from sri lanka. I would like to know what is the are the requirements for applying scholarship. Currently i dont have any degree. I have a 5 year working experience as a web developer. Now i would like learn chinese language and doing degree via chinese language. 

Can apply for schoolaship ? 

Thanks 

Hello everybody,
I have a question in mind, and it's about to apply for multiple universities and for both kinds of program type A, by University and type B, by the embassy. Can I apply to both kinds of programs to enhance my chances of getting the scholarship or it can be bad for my chances? I am thinking in applying for embassy type B, and for those 3 universities, also applying for type A, directly.

Thank you so much beforehand for your replies and pieces of advice!

6 hours ago, 디에고 said:

Can I apply to both kinds of programs to enhance my chances of getting the scholarship or it can be bad for my chances? 

As far as I understand the chances of getting the scholarship in this case would be the same since its the scholarship council who decides who get the scholarship at the end. I was thinking of doing the same, but at the end I just decided to go for the embassy type and wait for the best. But I suppose you can try both, good luck to you!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, 디에고 said:

I have a question in mind, and it's about to apply for multiple universities and for both kinds of program type A, by University and type B, by the embassy. Can I apply to both kinds of programs to enhance my chances of getting the scholarship or it can be bad for my chances? I am thinking in applying for embassy type B, and for those 3 universities, also applying for type A, directly.

Yes, definitely you can apply through the embassy pathway as well to enhance your chances (if your country supports that program). 

6 hours ago, GabrielaVD said:

As far as I understand the chances of getting the scholarship in this case would be the same since its the scholarship council who decides who get the scholarship at the end. I was thinking of doing the same, but at the end I just decided to go for the embassy type and wait for the best. But I suppose you can try both, good luck to you!

Chances of getting the scholarship in both cases depend upon the "embassy and university" If the person applies through embassy then embassy takes the interview or selects the candidates and sends the final report to CSC council (in this case getting rejected by CSC is very minimal, hardly 1%. unless your documents don't meet their requirements. Once the embassy accepts your application means you ALMOST got the scholarship) and same goes to University pathway when you apply to university directly, it's the university who chooses the candidates and again in this case being rejected by CSC is almost minimal). 

On 12/26/2018 at 6:30 PM, laksithakumara said:

Hello guys im from sri lanka. I would like to know what is the are the requirements for applying scholarship. Currently i dont have any degree. I have a 5 year working experience as a web developer. Now i would like learn chinese language and doing degree via chinese language. 

Can apply for schoolaship ? 

The degree is a MUST. If you want to study bachelors then you will need to provide your "school certificates" and bachelor's scholarships are difficult to get provided by your nationality. Either it's in Chinese medium or you need to ask your embassy if they have that program. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/25/2018 at 1:15 PM, Eyoel said:

Hay guys I wanted to get my physical examination form done this week but before I do i wanted to ask for how long will it work? Can I use it for the whole year to apply?

Do it in Jan. You need 6 months validity. Last year many universities sent applications to CSC as late as in June and results were declared in July-August. 

• Helpful 3

7 hours ago, Eyoel said:

@Ampicillin thank you for your helpful reply. And also I want to ask, Im trying to apply for my master's and do u know when application opens and the deadline this coming year?

Each university has their own deadline period. Usually no late then March- April.  

• Helpful 1

• New Members

Hello everyone, 

I have graduated this year from a Chinese-English major. I want to study my master degree in China but I read that we have to choose a major that is related to our previous major. In my case, what are the available options I can choose? Besides Chinese literature and translation, can I also choose a major like international trade or business?

Thank you in advance 

I have several questions regarding the notarization of academic certificate as well as the recommendation letter

1) Can I only find a notary public from my country to notarize the photocopy of my degree certificate and transcript? Because I heard that it is necessary to get the ministry of foreign affairs to notarize the certificate. Besides, my degree certificate is from UK and I am currently in Malaysia. Can I let a notary public from Malaysia to notarize these photocopies?

2) I am unable to get any professor from my college to write me recommendation letter but I knew several professors from other universities and they are willing to help me on these recommendation letter. Is it possible to find professors from different universities to write me recommendation letter?

6 hours ago, husel said:

Can I only find a notary public from my country to notarize the photocopy of my degree certificate and transcript? Because I heard that it is necessary to get the ministry of foreign affairs to notarize the certificate. Besides, my degree certificate is from UK and I am currently in Malaysia. Can I let a notary public from Malaysia to notarize these photocopies?

1) Public notary office would work just fine. 

2) Yes, Not a big deal.

does anyone know the timeline for applying for the CSC scholarship to start programs that begin in March?

If I want to start in March 2020, do I apply January 2019 or January 2020?

I would assume January 2020, but I've heard that for the September 2019 programs, decisions sometimes don't get made until July.

5 hours ago, filimdude88 said:

does anyone know the timeline for applying for the CSC scholarship to start programs that begin in March?

I think the scholarship is only for programs starting in september, it would be best for you to apply in january 2020 to start in september same year. If you really want to start a program in march maybe try looking for another scholarship.

• New Members

Hello, 

I'm French and I got a bachelor's degree last year. I intend to apply for the Chinese gouvernement' scholarship, I'm currently preparing all the documents needed for the application but I have some questions

As I'm currently an exchange student in Shanghai (I'm in my last year of another bachelor) I got my certified translations of academic records and bachelor's degree certificate by a translation company in China. Do I need to get them notarised by the French embassy or not? (the translated versions or original one?) 

Thank you!