Chinese-Forums

2019 CSC Scholarships

lethargica
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

Can someone please assist me,

In  filling out the csc online application, there is a field that requests for other contact details.  the field requires you to type in the names of your contact in china. Is that field mandatory? And will it be used against you if you have no contacts in china at all.

Thank you

below is a screen print

image.thumb.png.2780c3cbd8c12ed32ac04daccd2f1a76.pngimage.thumb.png.2780c3cbd8c12ed32ac04daccd2f1a76.png

Hey I'm filling out the CSC online application and I have two quick questions, while writing your name and surname, it has to match with your name on my passport and ID card to the letter, right? I'm trying to write my surname but it has the letter "ç" in it and it won't let me type it. Would it be a problem if I used "c" instead? I'm sorry I know that's a silly question but I don't want any problem later just because of a letter.

My second question is I'm currently in high school and I'm homeschooled. I'm not sure as to what to write exactly here:

CSC.thumb.jpg.cfbe5cd4c30d0453d2774a36e9d0e622.jpg

I'd be really happy if someone could help me. Thank you.

@woshilara yes it has to match with the name on your passport. it wont be a problem. if you get the scholarship it can be corrected at your school.

second question. hmmm? i guess i cant answer that. are you planning for undergraduate scholarship or masters. most csc is mostly for postgraduate. but none the less i guess you should fill the high school you attended if probably you are done with high school

Hay guys I want to ask,do you think one year is enough to learn Chinese language for someone who don't know the language to do master's in Chinese. I couldn't find my field of study in English so the only choice I have is to study language for 1 year and my master's for 2 years. 

8 minutes ago, 디에고 said:

have heard and even I have a friend who is doing his bachelor degree (undergraduate)  with CSC, but applying  trought embassy. 

yes, but most of the scholarships are designated ti masters students, like if they were priority, I mean

26 minutes ago, Eyoel said:

o you think one year is enough to learn Chinese language for someone who don't know the language to do master's in Chinese. I c

Id think that would be a year with a lot of work. I think the best thing you could do would be that even if you apply without attaching an hsk certificate, use these following 6 months to learn basic chinese at least, unless you are really good with languages, of course

• Thanks 1

I have a huge question everybody,

now in almost all the universities the winter holiday will start (from 15 January to end of February) so for applying for university by type B, we cannot send the documents or apply because universities are in holidays and our documents will not be reviewed and for that reason a best time to apply would be at the end of February when we be sure that university will get our documents .? 

Thank you so much! 

There is no best time.

The time you choose is your choice. Whether u send your application now or febuary stil depends on you.

Nobody knows how d chinese govt do the their things so dont assume things.

Just send you application as soon as possible bcos late applications is not adviceable.

• Thanks 1

Hello guys, is it true that people who are in China and want to apply for CSC have a less chance of getting it than the people who apply from ourside China? Just checked some universities, they state students in China are allowed to apply. I am studying Chinese and have no scholarship, can I try applying? Also, does anyone know how much it costs to do the physical examination in China? Thank you all  

On 1/4/2019 at 6:11 PM, philippo said:

@woshilara yes it has to match with the name on your passport. it wont be a problem. if you get the scholarship it can be corrected at your school.

second question. hmmm? i guess i cant answer that. are you planning for undergraduate scholarship or masters. most csc is mostly for postgraduate. but none the less i guess you should fill the high school you attended if probably you are done with high school

I'm planning to apply for undergraduate. Yes I should fill in the blank with the highschool I went but I'm homeschooled, so I don't go to any school. I think I'll call and ask someone from our MOE. Thank you so much for answering!