Chinese-Forums

2019 CSC Scholarships

lethargica
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

3 hours ago, xbyren said:

In my country, the CGS announcement clearly says that you do not have to attach those tests, just the form. Anyway, they are gonna make you go through the tests again if u go to china

Yup, I've heard that too (having to fill out the health test again if it is older than 6 months by the time you go to China).

I've attached what the CSC announcement from my local Chinese consulate from last year (Houston) says about the health form (not sure how it's gonna look as I'm on mobile). Very vague.

Perhaps it's worth it for me to check the announcements of other Chinese consulates in the US as well. It just doesn't make sense to me as to why you would attach a blank form in an application. 

Screenshot_20190131-075347_Chrome.jpg

I can't figure out how to edit my original post on mobile, so I'm just replying to thread again

I think I misunderstood - you are not saying to turn in a blank form, just only turning in the physical examination form filled out, and that's it. Sounds reasonable

On 1/30/2019 at 10:58 PM, philippo said:

@xbyren whether you have hsk 5 or 6 or 4.

You are still required to study chinese for one year in china. Whether your program is chinese taught or english taught. Thats the new policy. 

Unless you are applying for confuscious institute scholarship.

But as far as its csc you would learn chinese unless the embassy rejects you

Where did you get that information from my man ? I think this is somehow an extra year in China.
By the way, I just sit for a HSK 5 test last month. The unofficial result has come out in the website, too bad my score was only 176 ? . Just four more marks to pass the exam. I want to retake the exam but I don't have time anymore. I wonder if this will affect my chance to get the scholarship ? Anyone who've experience something like this ?   

Hi. I can't access the East China Normal University's website for some reason. The page just won't load. I was going to check the deadline for applications 'cause I forgot, but I can't do it.  Is the website down for everyone else either or is it just me? 

Here's the link.

http://lxs.ecnu.edu.cn/EN/

Thank you.

Hello guys! 
So I wanted to ask this because I'm kinda lost about this issue. First of all, I'm gonna graduate next year from uni (I took a gap year) and I'm confused when in the application form they ask me for "Certificates of Highest Education" and "Transcripts of Highest Education".

I cannot get a certificate from my university that says that I will graduate next year since they told me "nobody knows what will happen in the future" so I don't know what to do?? I have my academic report and I thought of using it only for the transcripts but does anyone know if it can also be used for the certificates part? 

If not I guess I should use my high school diploma, right? ?

3 hours ago, cxn0610 said:

I cannot get a certificate from my university that says that I will graduate next year since they told me "nobody knows what will happen in the future" so I don't know what to do??

I've been told the same thing when I asked if they could give me a document that verifies that I'm a student at this specific school and will graduate this year. They said it's not possible, but instead they gave me a document which says provided that I pass these certain examinations at the end of the year and get enough credits, I'll 100% graduate. I asked the Chinese embassy and the MOE in my country dealing with international relations about it to be sure and they said it's fine. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know, even though you enclose this document when you apply for the scholarship, the universities require you to bring your actual graduation diploma with you when you're registering to the university (at least the one I want to apply to does). So, I'd go and ask them again to give you a document that indicates you will graduate if you do this or that or whatever is required for you to graduate.

33 minutes ago, woshilara said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know, even though you enclose this document when you apply for the scholarship, the universities require you to bring your actual graduation diploma with you when you're registering to the university (at least the one I want to apply to does). So, I'd go and ask them again to give you a document that indicates you will graduate if you do this or that or whatever is required for you to graduate.

i think i can even print that paper myself, i have one that says kinda the same thing you say.

Thing is that I'm applying for general scholar (forgot to say this and tried to edit but idk how) so i don't think they need my diploma ?

• Like 1

• New Members

Hello everyone, 

I want to apply for scholarship to study bachelor's degree. I already have a degree, but I would like to study a new major. My questions are: Will they accept students that want to study their second bachelor degree? Should I send them the high school diploma and the bachelor's diploma or just the high school diploma? 

Thank you in advance 

It's the website of East China Normal University. ..

Maybe it's because the spring festival holidays, last year happened something similar during spring festival and longer with CSC webpage and almost all the university web pages but it was because of an important politician government meeting for almost one month, which the web pages were only open in China working hours.  Spring festival can be a possibility, so if you can wait a few days more, maybe it will be open at the end of this month by late. However, continually keep checking 

• Helpful 1