Chinese-Forums

2019 CSC Scholarships

lethargica
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

Did anyone got an admission letter? I sent tons of emails to proffesors in november at UIBE but no one ever replied (except for one who repplied she wasnt working there anymore haha) I know its not necesary, I just wanted to know if anyone actually got one :/

• Good question! 1

@GabrielaVD l, try to write to Wechat accounts or other social networks  like researchgate, I got one last year using researchgate, but as I couldn't apply last year, she wrote the letter again for this year, hmm I remember that I wrote to a professor who had a paper with a similar topic of mine in the uni that I wanted to apply for, I wrote for him saying that nobody had ever replied one message of mine in that uni, and he asked me to send my CV, he checked it but he said that due to his professor status (lecturer) he couldn't accept me but he put me in contact with whom today is my future research, lucky a really excellent professor .(And that is the history of the reference letter that I have for this year :)).  

• Helpful 1

• New Members

Hello everybody. 

I have some questions on this scholarship

*Do I need to enroll before apply CSC scholarship?

*Now I am studying at the secondary school. I going to graduate this June, now I don't have DIPLOMA of school. Can I apply with recent grade transcripts (if yes, do I need to notarize it)?

*In our country hospitals medical form not looks like this physical medical exam form. They only can give me their form. Can I apply with that form?

*Which site can I apply university with CSC? from universities site or CSC's site?

*What is the difference of TAPE A and TAPE B? 

thanks a lot.

@GabrielaVD I got a pre-admission letter from WHUT on 1st January this year. The reason may be because last year I was in the list of prospective CSC recipient list. However, when the final result came out I didn't get it. Didn't expect them to send me a pre-admission letter so I'm grateful at least I hope it could help me in applying for CSC type A. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 2

15 hours ago, 디에고 said:

It's the website of East China Normal University. ..

Maybe it's because the spring festival holidays, last year happened something similar during spring festival and longer with CSC webpage and almost all the university web pages but it was because of an important politician government meeting for almost one month, which the web pages were only open in China working hours.  Spring festival can be a possibility, so if you can wait a few days more, maybe it will be open at the end of this month by late. However, continually keep checking 

Oh really?! I had no idea! Thank you so much for letting me now. I was getting quite anxious about it. Hopefully they'll all open as soon as possible. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, nazar said:

*Do I need to enroll before apply CSC scholarship?

no need to enroll, but its helpful to get and admission or pre-admission letter

Now I am studying at the secondary school. I going to graduate this June, now I don't have DIPLOMA of school. Can I apply with recent grade transcripts (if yes, do I need to notarize it)?

what is secondary school? is it high school or before high school? in my country it is especified you need to have graduated from high school already, you should check that in your country. If you can apply I recommend you to go to your school and get a document that says you are graduating this summer, maybe not the graduation certificate, but maybe they can help you with something else. Do notarize the documents since when uploading them to the application online thats a requirement. In my case I already translated my documents since my documents are not originally in English or Chinese to upload them all together.

In our country hospitals medical form not looks like this physical medical exam form. They only can give me their form. Can I apply with that form?

They will only accept this form, so dont bother getting a different one. Go to your public health system and simply ask for someone to help you, just say its for a scholarship. 

Which site can I apply university with CSC? from universities site or CSC's site?

in campuschina.org there is a link that says application for international students. Thats where you make your online application

What is the difference of TAPE A and TAPE B? 

Type A means that you are applying for the scholarship through the Chinese Embassy in your country. Type B means you are applying directly to a university. Its the same scholarship, though. But you will need the reference number when you want to fill the application online. I recommend you to read carefully the scholarship announcement in your country when its open for applications, or look directly into your target university (you cant apply directly to all universities, just a few ones) for instructions.

Hope I helped a little

• Helpful 1

Okay guys so I contacted my university and they told me they cannot give me a spare document that shows ONLY the credits that I obtained and the ones that I need for graduation. They told me that they could only send me the academic report which, at the end, shows the credits. 

I was thinking of cropping that last part and upload it as a certificate / proof of my status but a friend pointed out that it didn't have my name, so it wasn't valid. 

So yeah I don't know what to do. Should I attach my academic report twice? One for the certificates part and another one for the transcripts? ?

Y'all I contacted with a classmate of mine who got the scholarship (after waiting for days... but bless her). She basically told me that she uploaded in both "certificate" and "transcripts" the academic report of the courses she has done in university, since that was the highest thing she had done. 

So yeah I think this also applies to ppl who are getting their high school diploma. You first upload the academic report and then if you get granted the scholarship you will have to present your diploma since is the minimum required for everything. 

Hello fellow scholarship seekers :D 

I've been trying to get the Chinese government scholarship, like the rest of you guys, but some things are still unclear to me. So I got a few questions.

1) Is it better to apply through Embassy or University? I am currently in China, so it would be easier to apply through university, but I guess I could also send documents to Europe.

2) If I was a receipient of Confucius Scholarship should I tick the box "Ever Studied in China under a Chinese Government Scholarship" or not? 

EDIT:

3) Do I also need to register on the website of the university of my choice if I apply through the embassy? 

4) Does anybody know anything about type C application? I am currently studying language program in China and maybe this would be the easiest way to get a scholarship, but it's hard to find anything about it 

Thank you so much for your help :)

• New Members

Hello guys, I am currently applying for a CSC Scholarship (EU Window). Is there anyone who could tell me which dates I am supposed to write in the Major duration field, in the "Study Plan and Language Proficiency" section of the form??? I am applying for a 4-years Bachelor's degree program and a one-year Chinese language preparatory course, so do I have to write the total duration (5 years) or just the duration of the Bachelor's degree program (4 years)?

Thanks for your help!

• Good question! 2

Good Day All,

I have just finished completing my application for the Chinese Government Scholarship. I applied via the Organization of American States (OAS)  route as I am from the Caribbean.  Now it's time for the waiting game. Wish all applicants the best of luck!!!

11 hours ago, Loripol said:

I have to write the total duration (5 years) or just the duration of the Bachelor's degree program (4 years)?

Hi, Well I wrote the 5 years duration  cause I had already gotten a pre- admission letter from my chosen university that asked to apply for the first year preparatory in my application.

• Like 1

• New Members

@Shaquelle Mckenzie

Hello, as you applied Type A CSC scholarship, I have some questions. Hope you can help me.

I visited various websites, and they said I had to be recommended by dispatching authorities before applying online, in order to be qualified.

How can I be recommended? Should I send them my documents?

Hi Everyone!

This is my first time applying for CSC scholarship, so I'm not quite acquainted with its system...my question is that is it a common problem that after logging into the system it says “系统异常” ? I tried it all day, because I wanted to upload my application material and it doesn't seem to work...
Thanks for the answer!

Guys, I have a question regarding the number of times we can apply to cgs. On the website, it says:

"Within each enrollment year, each applicant is allowed submit no more than five applications, including a
maximum of two Type A and three Type B applications".

Does this mean that if I am European I can apply through my embassy and through the EU Program with 2 different emails? but only for two times. Is this right?

thanks friends

21 hours ago, Loripol said:

or just the duration of the Bachelor's degree program (4 years)

in my personal case, for my masters (3 yrs) i have put 3 yrs, even though I need an extra year of study. I suppose that, if they see your level is not good enough, they will automatically give you that extra year

1 hour ago, empatsehat said:

I had to be recommended by dispatching authorities before applying online, in order to be qualified.

How can I be recommended? Should I send them my documents?

No, you have to fill the online application form, submit it, print it and add it to the rest of the required documents, and since you are applaying Type A it means you are applying throught the Embassy in your country. Your Embassy will see your papers and if you pass their revision they will send your documents  to China. Thats what being recommended means (being recommended by the dispatchin authority AKA Embassy or Organization, and they will send your papers to the Chinese Unis for revision, but Chinese unis will only review the documents for the scholarship to those who have been aproved by the dispatching authority). And in Type A the dispatching authority is the Embassy (or some Organizations such as the OAS).

I dont really sure I explained it well, but I hope I clear a little your doubt. In a few words, just send your documents to the Embassy or Organization, they will do the rest

• Thanks 1
  • Helpful 1

Hi everyone,

What are the procedures for students already studying in China? Do I need to submit another Foreigner Physical Examination? 

Also, I wanted to take my HSK 4 exam in April, but the U.S. Chinese Embassy is saying that we have to submit all of our application materials by March 15th, which is way earlier than last year. Is it possible to submit my HSK results later?

I’ve tried emailing the embassy multiple times, but they rarely respond and they don’t seem to to have much info for whatever reason.