Chinese-Forums

2019 CSC Scholarships

lethargica
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

34 minutes ago, pan.kasper said:

how to get that signature from my teacher ? 

A signature is a must in a recommendation letter. I think. The easy way if your professor is far away from you is that she/he writes the letter and send it scaned to you, otherwise an electronic signature can works. 

• Like 1

@xbyren Tsinghua does not give pre-admission letters directly, you have to apply throught their application website first (during the aplication times). Regarding the Scholarship application, CSC does not ask for pre-admission letters but having them allows you to be certain that the CSC will send your documents to the universities that gave you the letters which means less chances of being placed at another random university.

17 hours ago, 디에고 said:

A signature is a must in a recommendation letter. I think. The easy way if your professor is far away from you is that she/he writes the letter and send it scaned to you, otherwise an electronic signature can works. 

yea thanks a lot, you are probably right, i'll try that. Maybe it's more common in Asia to have recommendation letters with signature, in Europe I never actually used a signature for recommendation letter :D

By the way, I just got an email from Tsinghua, they told me that you can apply: "through Chinese Embassies or Consulates in the home country or through Chinese universities. Applicants could choose only one application channel. Repeated application through more than one channels is not allowed.". So according to them we cannot apply both through Embassy and universities. That's opposite to what I read online, pretty much everyone says it's perfectly fine to submit more than one application. I'm a little confused now

• Good question! 1

15 hours ago, MrDuque said:

Tsinghua does not give pre-admission letters

thanks for the useful info!

and now I have another problem

I am trying to apply for cgs through peking uni, but in their applications website there are only 15 masters taught in Chinese to which one can apply, but not a single one related to my field of study! how is that possible taking into account that I chose my masters acording to csc website?

• Good question! 1

Hey all! I am not really following the scholarship or applying this year, but I did make a video about how to apply here. Feel free to ask me more about it if you want in the comment section of the video. Good luck with the application process! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone, I am from Ohio, USA. I want to apply to the 1 year language program this year.

I wanted to get information on who I am supposed to send my application to? I applied for my passport through the New York Embassy. I saw something about a Ms. Chen Li, but people above are saying they havent gotten a response from her. Is there any new information? 

@Nnedi Ugo

Hay good to hear from you last year I have seen your videos before that I didn't even know about csc and this group tnx to u. I have applied to 2 universunis Type B without addmisson letter and after March I will apply through Type A. Do u have any tip u can give me to get my chances up? It's for my master's in computer science 

On 2/21/2019 at 6:59 AM, pan.kasper said:

"through Chinese Embassies or Consulates in the home country or through Chinese universities. Applicants could choose only one application channel. Repeated application through more than one channels is not allowed

I have also read about  in some universities websites... According to CSC they say that you can apply for a maximum of 5 universities, 3 type A (a normal application with bilateral program in which you choose your 3 prefered universities), and 2 type B (when you send your documents and apply for them directly). So I had also that doubt and what I understand is that you cannot apply for the same university two times through 2 different ways, just one is needed.  In my case, I will apply for 4 different universities, 3 through bilateral program (embassy), and one directly. 

On 2/21/2019 at 8:51 AM, xbyren said:

ow is that possible taking into account that I chose my masters acording to csc website?

it seems that recently, some universities if you are going to apply directly , you cannot choose to purse all the catalog of programs that they have, just the ones that they publicate on their websites and in which they have decided to accept international students, however if you are applying for bilateral program (through embassy),you can choose all the prgrams listed in CSC website. I had also the same question with Nanjing University, because they just posted around 12 programs, so I wrote for them, and they explained me that trough embassy I could apply for all the programs.  So that is why  I am applying for this uni, through embassy (Nanjing Uni is one the best for earth sciences postgraduate studies, my major)

16 minutes ago, 디에고 said:

I have also read about  in some universities websites... According to CSC they say that you can apply for a maximum of 5 universities, 3 type A (a normal application with bilateral program in which you choose your 3 prefered universities), and 2 type B (when you send your documents and apply for them directly). So I had also that doubt and what I understand is that you cannot apply for the same university two times through 2 different ways, just one is needed.  In my case, I will apply for 4 different universities, 3 through bilateral program (embassy), and one directly. 

That makes a lot of sense what you are saying, thanks for sharing :)

I wonder how does that work with EU Program or other related programs for other continents. Cause it's technically also Type A, you just don't apply through embassy but some EU organization. I read some people on this forum applied for both Bilateral and EU and got it from either one or both. So I guess it's possible. But you might be right, it's probably wise not to apply to the same university twice

And I will probably also apply for Nanjing University, good luck with your application :)

3 minutes ago, pan.kasper said:

I will probably also apply for Nanjing University, good luck with your application :)

Thank you, The best wishes also for you ?!.

About 2 or 3 different programs, I think that before maybe was possible but nowadays is a maxium of 5 universities, which is a new rule stated this year by CSC.(You can read it when you are applying in CSC)

I will apply not directly through the embassy of my country, I will apply also through an organization, organization of american states (OAS).And it  is because I cannot apply directly to the program that I want to purse in Nanjing, that I am applying for bilateral program, and the one uni I can apply directly.. I am applying directly,..China University of Geosciences, Wuhan, in order to get more chances. Blessings.

4 minutes ago, 디에고 said:

About 2 or 3 different programs, I think that before maybe was possible but nowadays is a maxium of 5 universities, which is a new rule stated this year by CSC.(You can read it when you are applying in CSC)

if I apply for both EU Program and Bilateral, and put 3 unis in each application, that gives 6 altogether. And that's without even counting the direct application through universities. So should I just put 3 in bilateral, 2 in EU (or other way around) and no direct application? 

5 minutes ago, 디에고 said:

I will apply not directly through the embassy of my country, I will apply also through an organization, organization of american states (OAS).And it  is because I cannot apply directly to the program that I want to purse in Nanjing, that I am applying for bilateral program, and the one uni I can apply directly.. I am applying directly,..China University of Geosciences, Wuhan, in order to get more chances. Blessings.

So you are only applying through OAS, right? Sorry, didn't fully understand you, is the program you apply for only available through OAS, but not the Embassy? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, pan.kasper said:

only available through OAS, but not the Embassy? 

Not, OAS, is the same program as embassy, just that here in America we can choose between applying directly thorugh embassy or through OAS, (so I would be applying through Washington, DC, embassy) I am not applying through the embassy of my country, because here in Colombia, students don't trust too much on the organization that distributes the scholarship, which is not the embassy, it is a internal loan organization. 

28 minutes ago, pan.kasper said:

in EU (or other way around) and no direct application? 

hmm I dont know too much about that, you can try it, but anywise that can be as applying for 5 universities trhough same type A, I would suggest you if you have the time to apply for a program and directly to other 2 universities, type B, in that case you would have used your five chances. Altought, I am not sure and don't know too much about EU program, and maybe you can try it, but dont know, maybe someone who knows more about can help you ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 디에고 said:

it seems that recently, some universities if you are going to apply directly , you cannot choose to purse all the catalog of programs that they have, just the ones that they publicate on their websites and in which they have decided to accept international students, however if you are applying for bilateral program (through embassy),you can choose all the prgrams listed in CSC website.

For the bilateral program, does that mean you can apply for any course listed for that particular university on the campuschina.org website even though it is not starred? Starred means "programs are entitled to admit Chinese Government Scholarship students" .

I want to apply for a one year Chinese language course at Shanghai Jiaotong but it is not listed on the campuschina.org website however they do offer it on their official website :-?

7 hours ago, 디에고 said:

3 type A (a normal application with bilateral program in which you choose your 3 prefered universities), and 2 type B (when you send your documents and apply for them directly).

it is maximum of two Type A and three Type B applications, so you could apply up to 9 unis, two type A (3 + 3) and three type B (separately)