Chinese-Forums

2019 CSC Scholarships

lethargica
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

6 hours ago, pan.kasper said:

Cause it's technically also Type A, you just don't apply through embassy but some EU organization. I read some people on this forum applied for both Bilateral and EU and got it from either one or both

It is nit that u can choose three type A unis, but that you can apply up to two times via A applications (6 unis), and then 3 unis through type B, a total number of 9 unis

6 hours ago, 디에고 said:

publicate on their websites and in which they have decided to accept international students

this was super helpful thx!!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, pan.kasper said:

that gives 6 altogether. And that's without even counting the direct application through universities. So should I just put 3 in bilateral, 2 in EU (or other way around) and no direct application? 

you did it right, 3 + 3 = 2 applications. COnfusing haha but u did the right thing

On 2/22/2019 at 12:06 AM, Eyoel said:

Hay good to hear from you last year I have seen your videos before that I didn't even know about csc and this group tnx to u. I have applied to 2 universunis Type B without addmisson letter and after March I will apply through Type A. Do u have any tip u can give me to get my chances up? It's for my master's in computer science 

Ok that's great to hear! Good luck on your application process! I recommend to contact your schools and see if they can give you a pre-admission letter since you are applying for a masters program to increase your chances. It's more beneficial for you, if you really do desire to go to the schools you listed on your application. 

• Thanks 1
  • Helpful 1

1.  What is your native country? 

Saint Vincent & the Grenadines

2.  Where did you apply?

To the Organization of the American States (OAS) on behalf of the Chinese Embassy in Washington D.C. 

3.  When did you apply? 

February 13, 2019

4.  When was the deadline?

March 10, 2019

5.  Have you applied for the scholarship before?

NO

6.  What program did you apply for?

Bachelor Degree in Business Administration

7.  Did you apply for a Chinese preparatory year?

Yes

8.  What schools did you put for your preferences? 

East China University of Science & Technology, Jiangnan University and Nanjing  University of Information Science & Technology 

9.  Did you apply for your school of choice beforehand?

Yes, got Pre-Admission Letter for East China University of Science & Technology

10. What agency number did you use?

11. Where did you get your physical done?

University Doctor 

12. How did you get your documents notarized?

Notary Public

13. Were you accepted for the scholarship, if you were not then why?

*Would Update*

14.  How were you notified?

*Would Update*

15. When were you accepted or rejected?

*Would Update* 

16. What university and program were you accepted to?

*Would Update* 

17.  If applicable: What university would you attend your Chinese preparatory year or two?

*Would Update*

• Like 3

5 hours ago, GabrielaVD said:

Is there somewhere in the application where you can ask for the prep chinese language year or how did you apply for it?

Hi, no there isn't any where in the application that asked that but because I had a pre-admission letter I just simply calculated the duration of major study for five years. 

• New Members

Hi all. I’m applying for a PhD and wanted help with 2 things- what format of research proposal do they want and also when they say LORs from professors do they strictly mean someone with a professor title (widely published etc) or a lecturer. I might be wrong but I know some countries refer to lecturers and senior lecturers as professors and associate professors 

• New Members

Hi all. I’m applying for a PhD and wanted help with 3 things- what format of research proposal do they want and do I submit a research proposal and a study plan? What of a cover letter?

lastly when they say LORs from professors do they strictly mean someone with a professor title (widely published etc) or a lecturer. I might be wrong but I know some countries refer to lecturers and senior lecturers as professors and associate professors 

Hello everyone.

I am from Indonesia. I intend to apply for a one-year Chinese program in one of the Chinese universities starting in September 2019.

Can I apply for both CSC and CIS at the same time? Any suggestions or recommendations?

I know this question has been asked many times, but I only found contradicting answers :shrug:

Hey everyone, I just saw that embassy in my country (Poland) does not accept the paper version of the documents anymore, that I just need to apply online through CSC website and that's all. Personally, i find it a little weird, I haven't heard about anything like that before. Do you know if any other embassy also have a similar rule this year? :P 

• New Members
42 minutes ago, AstridB said:

Hello.

Does any of you know if CSC accepts students for 'just' language programmes and not some sort of degree? 

I am considering applying through the EU window, but I haven't been able to find a definite answer anywhere.

Hello! for the EU-window scholarship for the chinese language program you have to apply as a 'general scholar' 

5 hours ago, pan.kasper said:

Do you know if any other embassy also have a similar rule this year?

The UK Chinese embassy is asking for the application form and evidence to be sent via e-mail after applying. Last year, they requested a paper copy.