Chinese-Forums

2019 CSC Scholarships

lethargica
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

6 hours ago, pan.kasper said:

Hey everyone, I just saw that embassy in my country (Poland) does not accept the paper version of the documents anymore, that I just need to apply online through CSC website and that's all. Personally, i find it a little weird, I haven't heard about anything like that before. Do you know if any other embassy also have a similar rule this year? :P

Hi,

The embassy where I live (Brazil) is doing the same process. I also thought it was weird..

• Like 1

• New Members
5 hours ago, AstridB said:

Great, that makes sense! @ElisavetHowever, when i try typing that in in the application form, it still wants me to choose a major/field of study, and Chinese language doesn't seem to be an option. 

Discipline Applying For: Literature -> MajorApplying For: Chinese Language.

Which Universities you will choose?

Has anyone else submitted their documents to the online application after deadline in your Embassy?

I have already sent my documents to the Embassy, and they kindly sent me an email saying 2 of my documents (highest diploma and transcript, the ones we had to submit to the platform online) were incorrect. I barely had time to fix this error, I just sent the correct documents to the Embassy and the deadline is tomorrow, so I think Im good there. But since I got new docs I have to notarize them (and translate them, I think, since they are not in English) before I submit them again.

Long story short: does anyone know if there is a problem if I withdraw my old docs from the online application to upload the new ones in a few days even if the deadline in my Embassy is tomorrow? I dont want to withdraw them and not be able to submit it again?

7 hours ago, GabrielaVD said:

from the online application

from the CSC webpage? It should not be any problem, since it is still open, but I would not recommend you to delay it for too long. I think the docs we upload in CSC website and the ones sent to the embassy are not the same. I mean, the embassy ones are not the ones which are going to be sent to China. As it states in the CSC webpage, the documents that you upload are the reference documents for CSC. Apart from that, CSC will receive the recommendation letter from your embassy (if you get selected)

• Like 1

Hey guys, I am writing this post just to make sure I am not mistaken regarding the famous "5 applications" new rule.

I have applied for the Chinese Government Scholarship under the EU Program and under the embassy of my country (a total number of 6 unviersities). The new rule says the following:

"Within each enrollment year, each applicant is allowed submit no more than five applications, including a maximum of two Type A and three Type B applications".

From my understanding, this means that we can apply 2 times through type A applications (a total up to 6 universities). But I have read so many posts where people say that you must apply to TWO unversities under type A (which does not make sense to me, as type A applications give you up to 3 university options each)

I am pretty sure it should be done the way I think, but I just wanted to make sure I am not mistaken. Is it okay if I apply through my embassy and through the EU program?

Thank you so much

9 hours ago, xbyren said:

Is it okay if I apply through my embassy and through the EU program?

https://www.chinese-forums.com/forums/topic/47670-csc-scholarship-applicationsresults-2015/?do=findComment&comment=377875

This person applied for both a few years ago so I would say yes.

I originally wanted to apply with the UK Chinese Embassy only (bilateral), however after seeing posts a few pages back about how EU citizens can apply for both,  I have decided I will apply via the EU Window whilst the UK is still in the EU (might not be for any longer!) to increase my chances of getting a place. I have not duplicated my university choices.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 8:28 AM, xbyren said:

five applications, including a maximum of two Type A and three Type B application

Yes, according to CSC that is the rule, I was also mistaken it, you can apply for 2 programs type A (6 Uni) and 2 Type B (2 universities), but I think that those 8 Universities should be different each other. Apply for both! Good luck. I applied for one type A and one type B (4 universities).?

"3 Type B"

On 3/2/2019 at 4:50 PM, 디에고 said:

you can apply for 2 programs type A (6 Uni) and 2 Type B (2 universities),

cheers brother!

On 3/2/2019 at 12:15 AM, 芒果乾 said:

I have not duplicated my university choices

thanks for the info!

On 3/2/2019 at 2:48 PM, Lu_ said:

"apply as" master?

I put "master"

Did you guys submit Pre-admission Letters or not? Cause I'm wondering whether I should keep waiting for the university to send it (told me the decision will be a few days from now) or just apply already. Because the deadline for EU Window is 15th March and I still need to get the documents delivered all the way to Brussels

• New Members

Hello. I have a question that's been bugging me... Hope someone can help me.

On the application form, it's written that that supporting documents should not exceed 20 pages. Do 20 pages mean 20 leaves of the documents, or 10 leaves with info printed on both sides? Can I mix them, so that there are materials in individual leaves, and others that occupy both sides of the paper?

• Good question! 1

I went to the embassy in my country yesterday. They told me that I should be working in a government office and that I should provide a recommendation letter from their but I am not working in Gov. Institute. And two universities have emailed me that those that haven't gotten admission letter will not be selected. How many of u have received an admission letter?

Hey guys, I've been following this topic for a while and have found a lot of useful information here, so thank you for all your contributions.

I have a small question to ask: I want to attach some certificates of extracurricular activities to my application, is it necessary to get them notarized?

Thanks in advance :''>