Chinese-Forums

2019 CSC Scholarships

lethargica
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

38 minutes ago, 디에고 said:
1 hour ago, pan.kasper said:

CSC application form

This one you have to sign ✍️

Where do you find that we have to sign the form ? This year I think as we submit the CSC form, we'll need to tick a box. I supposed that means we agree on all the rulings that comes with it in the scholarship ?

• Like 1
  • Good question! 1

48 minutes ago, Jabri said:

Where do you find that we have to sign the form ?

Personally, I didnt find any space in which to put the sign, and the online form cannot be sign, just as you say, tick and agree with the rules, when I mailed my documents to the university what I did was to sign all the pages and send them. ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GabrielaVD said:

No, just click on the agreement of term and conditions of the online aplication. When a document require you to sign, it will be clear on the paper with the legend "signature" and a line above. Dont worry much about it, but pay attention to your documents

thank you :) though i did sign mine at the end before sending as I wasn't sure. 

• New Members

hi...I wanna to apply general programme..I have Diploma ...I want to try General Programme….I need to choose any university which provide the Chinese Language programme….I need certifitied my certificate( Certified True Copy) to all my document...Hepl me due date 22/3/2019...Help me guys...

3 hours ago, Mas123 said:

hi...I wanna to apply general programme..I have Diploma ...I want to try General Programme….I need to choose any university which provide the Chinese Language programme….I need certifitied my certificate( Certified True Copy) to all my document...Hepl me due date 22/3/2019...Help me guys...

go to campuschina.org and you will have a big choice of universities there (as well as a very detailed guide on how to do apply). you can select university according to your preference regarding its academic excellence or just a particular place in China you're just interested in and want to live there. This is entirely up to you, so you have to choose on your own. If you want to know something in particular, ask more specific questions :)

• Like 1
  • Good question! 1

Hai everyone!

I just came back from China two weeks ago and I decided to apply for the CSC scholarship kind of in the last moment, therefore I'm super stressed :)

I am kind of confused from the application process even though I read this: https://www.chinesescholarshipcouncil.com/ like 10 times, So I have a few questions.

I went to my embassy and they gave me a telephone number of the person in charge of those topics, but He said there is no number (about the agency number), and that I don't need to send the documents anywhere (?) and just read in the site. + there is no info in the embassy site about the scholarship. I guess I have to apply via University, but I also read around here that I cannot apply to all of the Universities directly. so;

1- How do I apply to the scholarship with Category B (via university) 

2- If I apply to 3 universities, would the CSC select which University I will attend to eventually? 

3- If I apply for Bachelor degree, can I choose to study Chinese for 2 years or it depends on the University?

Thank you very very much ! 

1 hour ago, shtuyot said:

went to my embassy and they gave me a telephone number of the person in charge of those topics, but He said there is no number (about the agency number), and that I don't need to send the documents anywhere (?) and just read in the site. + there is no info in the embassy site about the scholarship. I guess I have to apply via University, but I also read around here that I cannot apply to all of the Universities directly. so;

Maybe the deadline to apply already passed?

How do I apply to the scholarship with Category B (via university

you have to find out which unis accept university program scholarship students on their websites. the steps to apply are also described there

2- If I apply to 3 universities, would the CSC select which University I will  to eventually? 

yes

3- If I apply for Bachelor degree, can I choose to study Chinese for 2 years or it depends on the University?

it deoends on your major, some require you to study for 2 years (arts, history, etc) and the rest is for 1 year

• Like 1

On 2/23/2019 at 4:00 PM, Eyoel said:

If I don't provide the admission letter on type A dose the embassy select the university? And dose it increase my chances?

Maybe, maybe not. No one really knows. But from past experiences of others, people have gotten in the schools they've wanted if they requested for them. 

3 hours ago, Grady M said:

Hey! Does anyone know when US deadlines are? And specifically the Chicago consulate? I've been trying to call for the last week but I haven't gotten through to anyone. 

Hi,

*The 2019/2020 Chinese Government Scholarship is now open for application. Online application and the corresponding application documents should be submitted to application receiving agency (the address below) no later than Mar. 30, 2019. For more information, please refer to www.csc.edu.cn/laihua.

The Education Office, Consulate General of the People’s Republic of China in Chicago is the agency responsible for applications from Michigan、Indiana、Wisconsin、Illinois、Minnesota、Iowa、Missouri、Kansas、Colorado and Chicago, with agency number 8402 (Means of contact: Consul Han, 3322 West Peterson Ave, Chicago, IL, 60659, Tel: 773 279 0337, hanwenjin@educhicago.org)*

• Like 2

Im from a Spanish country, can a doctor of my country fill the form in English?? Or he needs to do it in spanish and then i need to take it to a translator + legalize it?? Doing this will be a lot of money and might be better to do the exam over China. But i dont know if i need to present the medical form yes or yes when i need to upload all the information.

• Good question! 1

1 hour ago, Tuxon said:

medical form yes or yes

Physical Examination Record for Foreigner is mandatory and you have to attach it in English or in Chinese in your application. I think that you shouldn't worry because of English in this form cause is very easy and your doctor just has to write easy commands like normal, yes, not etc. Although the expensive thing is doing all the exams asked. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 디에고 said:

Physical Examination Record for Foreigner is mandatory and you have to attach it in English or in Chinese in your application. I think that you shouldn't worry because of English in this form cause is very easy and your doctor just has to write easy commands like normal, yes, not etc. Although the expensive thing is doing all the exams asked. 

Thanks!! Its true, not much to fill in. But the laboratory tests i need to attach (HIV for example) its a laboratory result paper in spanish, i cant ask them to do it in english :(

Lucky all the things i need to do are covered by my health insurance.

7 hours ago, Tuxon said:

Lucky all the things i need to do are covered by my health insurance.

Yes, try to cover everything with your health insurance otherwise it would be a bit expensive, by the language of the medical test, like hiv or others, do not worry. Altought have in mind that deadline is near and coming for almost all the universities. GOOD LUCK! 

• Like 1