Chinese-Forums

2019 CSC Scholarships

lethargica
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

On 3/13/2019 at 5:07 AM, Tuxon said:

Thanks!! Its true, not much to fill in. But the laboratory tests i need to attach (HIV for example) its a laboratory result paper in spanish, i cant ask them to do it in english :(

Lucky all the things i need to do are covered by my health insurance.

Don't worry. You don't even need to submit physical examination reports. Physical examination form is enough. 

• Like 2

Hello everyone! I have a question to former/current CGS recipients. My application was approved by the dispatching authorities in my country. However it has to be approved by CSC as well. This usually happens in August. In the admission letter the date that we are expected to be in China will be written. Buying a ticket in August bothers me a bit though. Given that the academic year usually starts in early to mid September there might not be any places in the airplane left or there might be only business class or first class(which will make it much expensive). There is very limited choice regarding flights from my country(it is in Europe) to China. So to the point: What was the date of your flight? When did you buy your ticket( e.g. 2 months before flight day/3 months before flight day)? Where did you fly from(e.g. Asia, USA, Africa etc. )?

• Good question! 1

3 hours ago, jreacher5 said:

What was the date of your flight? When did you buy your ticket

oh man, my Embassy told me I got the scholarship like less than one month before class started beggining sep. 

When did you buy your ticket

just after they sent me an email to said I got the scholarship. Actually, I was already back at uni when they told me I got it, so I had to leave it XD.

Results are in july, according to CSC council, but if you happen to see your name of the list of recipients of scholarships in a chinese uni earlier you can pretty much said you got it. I knew I got it in july but had to wait for the official announce to buy my ticket. I took a flight from Mexico to the US, and then to China. From LA to China was not so expensive but maybe its not an option for you.

In the admission letter the date that we are expected to be in China will be written.

yep. My advise is save as much money as you can, its better to buy a flight you know is the correct one than trying to get a cheaper one earlier without having a date. Example, imagine classes start in sep, but your especific program starts in mid sep, even in october, which also might be. The date on the award letter is the day you can live in the dorms. Imagine you get a cheap flight but you have to make a stay on your own in China for a month until you receive the benefits of the scholarship.

I hope other comment to see their point of view and experience. ?

• Thanks 1
  • Helpful 2

My university doesn't have a CI and the one nearest me is saying it only recommends those with connections to the University (not mine). The embassy says they cannot recommend as 'the scholarship has nothing to do with the embassy'. What do? apply as category B? 

Hello all, I have a question, I am applying for CGS from China (I’m in China) for master and the university I am applying for is saying in this year’s announcement: “This program generally does not support students who are already in China.”  Other universities clearly state: “This program does not support students who are already in China.” The word generally in my targeted university is confusing me. Now the question is, what do they mean by generally? Does it mean it is possible to apply? 

I have an acceptance letter from a professor there and I need to pay an application fee but I don’t want to pay if they don’t accept students on China.

So I want to ask seniors for their suggestions. Please advice 

3 hours ago, iaas206 said:

My university doesn't have a CI and the one nearest me is saying it only recommends those with connections to the University (not mine). The embassy says they cannot recommend as 'the scholarship has nothing to do with the embassy'. What do? apply as category B?

Im sorry, I really dont understand what you mean? first you mention CI (Confucious Institute, correct?), and then the Embassy. What scholarship are you applying for? CI scholarship? Chinese Government scholarship? what kind of recommendation you asked the Embassy for?

Im sorry, I'd like to help you but this is very confusing.

Hello All,

My name is Raymond Akuh from Ghana. Last year l was going through the same curious and anxious situation of finding the right way to get scholarship but God being so good today am studying in China both on Chinese scholarship and also support from my country. Though l did not get privilege of discovering this noble site early, l found a lot of useful informations  here that would have ease my pressure and anxieties but is good some of you have done it early so just relax and follow every step one after the other and you may be luck to join me this year. From time to time l may come and answer few questions if only l know the answers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Raychina said:

Hello All,

My name is Raymond Akuh from Ghana. Last year l was going through the same curious and anxious situation of finding the right way to get scholarship but God being so good today am studying in China both on Chinese scholarship and also support from my country. Though l did not get privilege of discovering this noble site early, l found a lot of useful informations  here that would have ease my pressure and anxieties but is good some of you have done it early so just relax and follow every step one after the other and you may be luck to join me this year. From time to time l may come and answer few questions if only l know the answers. 

Yoo am from Ghana too, pls can I get your contact and chat with you.

I did apply this yr. Waiting for the result. 

55 minutes ago, yaycat said:

f I submit my online application now, is it possible to print it later?

There should be no problem. Once you submit it you can download and save it. I have submitted and withdrawn mine a lot of times, I made a lot if mistakes haha

On 3/25/2019 at 9:42 AM, GabrielaVD said:

just after they sent me an email to said I got the scholarship. Actually, I was already back at uni when they told me I got it, so I had to leave it XD.

Hi ,

Did you purchased a return or one way ticket?

How long did it take for you to be granted a chinese visa?

21 minutes ago, Shaquelle Mckenzie said:

Did you purchased a return or one way ticket?

I got a one way ticket and purchased the return ticket like 2 months before mi visa expired. Be careful with the dates, wait for the award documents, they have the exact dates from when your scholarships starts and ends, including the China visa duration dates. What I did (and will do again if I get the scholarship again) its to wait until I know the exact dates of my school program and the Chinese visa.

28 minutes ago, Shaquelle Mckenzie said:

How long did it take for you to be granted a chinese visa?

3 days. We had a meeting at my country's Embassy and the Chinese Embassador gave us our documents (award letter, application for visa, etc). The day after the reunion we went back to the Embassy to hand in the visa application (its part of the scholarship) and paid a fee for it. it was done in 1 or 2 days.

@wanzima35 once you have finished application, yours is to wait patiently for the results and be praying, that is if you believe in prayers. Am sorry l can't give you my number but you connect with me on Wechat(Myboy1985). I will do my best to assist you with any information you may need. 

Since  CSC closes application ending of March, I would advise that every correction should be made before the closing date. You can always print your CSC application form anytime that is if only you saved it after submission. 

Hi everyone, 

I am almost done filling the online application documents, but I have a small problem. I got the physical examination signed but I didn't take the test result from the hospital (my doctor looked at the results from her computer). I read here before that I should uploud the physical examination paper itself, and it is not required to attach the tests results I got in the hospital. but now I noticed it's written on the physical examination 'Chest X-ray exam (attached chest X-ray report), so I'm confused, and not sure if I should go to the hospital and get all the papers or it's unnecessary. Does anybody knows ?

Thanks !

Hi everyone,

I have registered on CSC platform and got receipts successfully. I am going to step into admission and my universities are BIT(Beijing Institute of technology) and HIT (Harbin Institute of technology). I have a question about taking admission steps, I will be grateful.

BIT (Beijing Institute of technology) :

After creating an account on the university's website and jumping into the admission step I faced below options (Click the link to see the picture):

https://pasteboard.co/I7uOoqY.jpg

1-Degree programs

2-Exchanges

3-Chinese language programmes

Which one is correct to go ahead? Because there is no "Chinese government scholarship" option.

Deadline for this university is April 15, Do I need to go ahead using option #1? or wait until they add "Chinese government scholarship" option?

HIT (Harbin Institute of technology) :

After creating an account on the university's website and jumping into the admission step I faced below options (Click the link to see the picture):

https://pasteboard.co/I7v72qZ.jpg

1-Cultural Experience
2-Degree Programmes
3-Exchange
4-Chinese Language Programmes
5-The Chinese government scholarship

When I pick up the "Chinese government scholarship" option, it warns me "The application has closed. You are welcome to apply in the next opening time." (Click the link to see the picture): 

https://pasteboard.co/I7vahXe.jpg

Do I need to select option #2?

So is applying to the university separate from applying to the scholarship? Do I need to apply on the universities' respective sites, get a recommendation letter then upload these to my CSC application? 

And can the medical form be submitted after the application? Is it necessary at all before coming to China?

1 hour ago, iaas206 said:

Do I need to apply on the universities' respective sites, get a recommendation letter then upload these to my CSC application?

I believe it is important that the first thing you do is to visit the university's website. Normally, they have very clear instructions on how to go about the application process. 

The process is almost (take note) the same with little variations depending on the school. 

-Apply online to the university

-Apply online to CSC

-Submit your hardcopies as and when you are told or as indicated in their admission procedure.

-Regularly check your mail and online portals for any update.

1 hour ago, iaas206 said:

And can the medical form be submitted after the application? Is it necessary at all before coming to China?

-It's a mandatory requirement during the application process (so, before). 

-Very necessary

• Like 2

@iaas206 You can still apply for many of the universities if you want to be be a self financed student. The deadline for scholarship applications however, is over in some universities. Most universities advise you to apply from January till early April for the scholarship (as early as possible). You can still meet the deadline for some universities. Detailed instructions can be found on the website of the institution you wish to apply to.

• Like 2