Chinese-Forums

2019 CSC Scholarships

lethargica
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

• New Members

Hello fellow forum users, I come to you with a question.

I am finishing my bachelor studies in Europe, and was thinking about moving abroad for postgraduate (masters). I have read alot of information on forums and elsewhere about requirements for CSC scholarship, that  I need an IELTS and such. IELTS costs money and i'm not sure that my grades are enough for scholarship. I will finish my bachelors with around 7 out of 10 grade which equals something like ~2.8 GPA. My grades werent so good because in the past few years I was working fulltime while also studying, I worked in relevant industry (IT) and would like to continue my studies in a field like that. Does anyone has an idea if that is enough  to get the CSC maybe not in the top tier universities? I could finish my IELTS way above the needed 5.5 mark for some universities, but not sure if I need it if i can't get the CSC scholarship. Any help and stories are appreciated!

Best regards.

On 10/15/2018 at 3:26 PM, MNDL said:

I will finish my bachelors with around 7 out of 10 grade which equals something like ~2.8 GPA.

Hi, I think the best way to answer that is that you ask someone from your country. For example, in my country when the announcement for the scholarship is announced, my country´s Minister of Foreign Affairs requires you to have 8 out of 10 minimun to apply to any foreign scholarship, including the csc one, since they are the first filter you have to go through before your papers are sent to China´s csc office. But inside the csc scholarship announcement there is no specific requirements for grades, just your overall grades paper. Hope you can find out on time!

On 9/14/2018 at 3:40 PM, yanlei said:

Ping me if you have any questions and maybe i can assist you.

Hello, I have a question regarding pre admission letters. Maybe u can help me. Thanks in advance :)

So the situation is: according to last year's dates, the deadline to hand out documentation in my embassy is March 13th, and the application period for a pre admission letter in pku (my target uni) starts on 15th March. Does it means that I just cannot ask for a pre admission letter?

• 2 weeks later...

@Shaquelle Mckenzie Do you already have a bachelors degree? 

I'm also approaching the age limit, although according to the under 25 rule, I am eligible to apply this year. I already have my bachelors degree though, so if I get rejected for any reason, I figure I can just apply again next year but for a masters. I'm also not totally banking on this scholarship working out - I've got a couple back-up plans. I say go for applying as long as you have something else to fall back on in case it doesn't work out.

• New Members
On 9/20/2018 at 12:22 AM, Ampicillin said:

Hello guys, If anyone needs any information regarding Shanghai Government Scholarship or CSC then would love to assist you

Hey, so I have a query related to the CSC application. I am in the process of finishing my bachelors from China on a jw202 x1visa. When applying for csc they ask for English language requirement which either can be showed in the form of IELTS or a English proficiency certificate from your last university. My degree was dual language meaning it was both part Chinese and English so to speak. 

Should I apply for Ielts or try to mint a language certificate from my uni? because they refused to write English as the teaching language exclusively and insisted that Chinese should be mentioned too. 

Hey All,

I need some help deciding my major studies for a Bachelor degree. I was looking along the line of a BA in Chinese Language (Business Chinese Direction) or a BA in International Economy and Trade with one year Language study. I had the opportunity to complete a short course in Chinese Mandarin at my local college and fell in love with the chinese language hence my reason for furthering my studies in China and as well as the scholarship opportunity that is available. 

Also I would love if any pass or current CSC Scholarship Recipient can share their experience studying a degree in chinese with other chinese students. How are the exams? Do you understand your lecturer? Would you recommend your university to other interested applicants? 

After weeks of rigorous research my top university choices are as follows:

1. Fudan University 

2. Donghua University 

3. Shanghai University of Economics and Finance

4. Zhejiang Normal University

5. Xiamen University 

6.East China Normal University 

7. Beijing University of Post and Telecommunications

Please any and all response would be greatly appreciated. 

Hello Everyone,

I would like to ask you guys a couple of questions. Currently, I am a recipient of Confucius Scholarship (one year) and I study Chinese in Chongqing. After that I would like to stay in China and study my masters degree here. However, I cannot afford to self-support so I would need to rely on the Chinese Government Scholarship (or other scholarships if there are available). So my questions are:

1. Is it even possible to apply for CSC scholarship if I'm already studying in China? I heard so many different opinions on that one...

2. If i can, how does the process go? Do i need to send the documents back to embassy in Europe or through the university?

3. Can I apply to more than one university? I really like my current school (Chongqing University) but I would like to apply to other ones as well, just in case this one didn't accept me for Masters program. 

4. I was planning to study Masters in International Law and my university only offers this program in Chinese. I am currently around HSK4 level, with a bit of luck and self-determination by the end of the academic year i would be HSK5, but I still don't think it would be enough to start studying Law in Chinese. However, I heard that CSC offers a one year preparation program if the student decides to study in Chinese. Is that true? How do I apply for that?

Thank you all for help and wish you best of luck! :)

I think  ur school international student admin office is d place to get answers to dis questions.

I know a self sponsored student dat got csc for d second year and continued his second year msc.

He didnt have to go back to his country.

He sent it directly to the school.

Thats why i wud advice you seek advice from ur school

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • New Members

Hello everyone, 

I need help, I'm a Nigerian and I would love to apply for 2019 scholarship program to do my masters and I don't know how to go about it. Please can someone help me out. Although I don't have any knowledge in Chinese language. 

Thanks.

• New Members

Hello! I'm a one-year language program student currently residing in Guizhou, China, and I wish to get the CSC scholarship for bachelor degree this year.

I have a question that has been bugging me ever since I read the website—I hope someone can help me! campuschina.org stated that I need to apply to my embassy for the scholarship opportunity before filling the application form. What does this actually mean?

Thank you in advance. Nice to meet you all, and good luck!

Hi I have a few questions regarding CSC Type B for undergraduate programs.

First of all, I want to apply for the scholarship through the Program Category Type B, not through the Embassy. 
Interviews are not fair at all as corruption and favoritism is a huge problem in my country. (In my country, the process is a little bit more different, I suppose. We first have to apply to the MOE, then we are interviewed by them. And if we pass the interview, they nominate us as CSC applicants and send our documents to the dispatching authorities.) As far as I can see on the websites of the universities I consider applying to, only graduate students can apply through Type B, is that right? If not, do you know any universities I can directly apply to for a scholarship? 

Also, I don't know Chinese at all, so I need to take a prepatory year. Would that be a problem when applying directly to universities for scholarhsips? 

My second concern is that do I need to take an exam like IELTS since English is not my native language? 

Lastly, do all universities require sitting an entrance exam? I'm preparing for the university entrance exam in my country too, in case I can't get the CSC scholarship and I don't think I have time to prepare for another entrance exam as well. 

Thank you so much. I wish the best for everyone!!

On 11/5/2018 at 9:58 AM, Leo21 said:

Hey, so I have a query related to the CSC application. I am in the process of finishing my bachelors from China on a jw202 x1visa. When applying for csc they ask for English language requirement which either can be showed in the form of IELTS or a English proficiency certificate from your last university. My degree was dual language meaning it was both part Chinese and English so to speak. 

Should I apply for Ielts or try to mint a language certificate from my uni? because they refused to write English as the teaching language exclusively and insisted that Chinese should be mentioned too

First, of, all being accepted under CSC-university program in the same year is slim to none. If you are an existing student studying in China then it requires a 1-year gap if you want to apply for CSC-University program. Very few universities do an exception. Second, Language is necessary when you applying for certain programs. It doesn't matter HSK or IELTS but if the program is in English medium they ask IELTS and if in Chinese medium they ask HSK.   

10 hours ago, woshilara said:

As far as I can see on the websites of the universities I consider applying to, only graduate students can apply through Type B, is that right? If not, do you know any universities I can directly apply to for a scholarship? 

Yes, masters and Ph.D. but I believe even bachelors can also apply if their learning course is in Chinese medium. There is no restriction. You can directly apply to CSC-University program where MOE doesn't come under any jurisdiction and you would be sending your documents directly to the chosen university. 

11 hours ago, woshilara said:

Also, I don't know Chinese at all, so I need to take a prepatory year. Would that be a problem when applying directly to universities for scholarhsips? 

My second concern is that do I need to take an exam like IELTS since English is not my native language? 

Yes, either submit HSK certificate or prepare Chinese language and then start bachelor's or masters.  It wouldn't be an issue since universities do give away 1-year language course and then program course but you need to fill it in the form. 

No, you don't need IELTS unless you applying for top universities in the mainland where it is a MUST. 

11 hours ago, woshilara said:

Lastly, do all universities require sitting an entrance exam? I'm preparing for the university entrance exam in my country too, in case I can't get the CSC scholarship and I don't think I have time to prepare for another entrance exam as well. 

NO, All universities don't have an entrance exam. Only top tire ones have. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lavtam said:

I have a question that has been bugging me ever since I read the website—I hope someone can help me! campuschina.org stated that I need to apply to my embassy for the scholarship opportunity before filling the application form. What does this actually mean?

There is a diff. kinds of scholarships. The one you talking about comes under your country and China bilateral scholarship i.e. CSC-Bilateral scholarship program. You can apply for any program as long as you are eligible for it.