Chinese-Forums

2019 CSC Scholarships

lethargica
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

Hi @Hani.J

Go ahead and choose option #1 for BIT. Even though there is no option for Chinese Government Scholarship, you will be asked to upload the CSC application form(normally first page with the serial number visible at the bottom left corner). 

Applications are closed for Harbin Institute of Technology (as far as CSC is concerned). Just checked. Sorry, no lack there. Selecting option #2 might mean applying as a self financed student.

Below is the link to their CSC application procedure webpage.

http://studyathit.hit.edu.cn/en/academic/program/view?id=17

• Thanks 1

@CubePhil Thank you a hundredfold for the reply. So it seems that I lost one of my chances (HIT), for, I cannot register on the CSC platform anymore as I have submitted three different forms for three different universities in which you can find HIT. Altogether, it is okay.

Thank you again.

5 hours ago, iaas206 said:

Do you think I'm too late for this year? I can't seem to find a hard deadline.

If you are late, you could try to apply for local government scholarships. I missed the deadline for CSC in my country, sadly, because of unexpected incidents but I'm gonna take my chances and apply for the local governemnt scholarships.

Edited by woshilara
typo

20 hours ago, GabrielaVD said:

3 days. We had a meeting at my country's Embassy and the Chinese Embassador gave us our documents (award letter, application for visa, etc). The day after the reunion we went back to the Embassy to hand in the visa application (its part of the scholarship) and paid a fee for it. it was done in 1 or 2 days.

Thank you for your response but as there is not a chinese embassy in my home country I would have too fly to the neighbouring island to apply for my chinese visa. I am hoping results are not delayed this year. As it would be costly to purchase  flight tickets during that time. 

14 hours ago, iaas206 said:

So is applying to the university separate from applying to the scholarship? Do I need to apply on the universities' respective sites, get a recommendation letter then upload these to my CSC application? 

And can the medical form be submitted after the application? Is it necessary at all before coming to China?

You dont need to apply to any university if you are applying to the CSC scholarship through Embassy (Type A). I am not familiar with the process if you are applying fir the scholarship through university (Type B).

The recommendation letters is only for people applying for master and phd, and they have to be given to you by former proffessors of you in university. If you are talking about the acceptance letter, they are not mandatory to apply, but you can get in contact with your target universitis to try to get it.

you cant apply without the medical form.

• Like 1

All you need at this stage is the medical form field by a doctor after examining you. You don't have to attached the reports until you are posting the hard copies that is if your target university ask you for hard copies. When you are admitted and coming to China it is then that you need all the lab reports and the ECG and XRay results. Even some schools will redo the all the tests when you come to China. So for now just do the test get the form field and upload online. 

• Helpful 1

@Hani.J...oh right, Wuhan. Thanks. Mine is "in process" too. Has been that way since I first submitted. In their CSC application procedure, they said applicants who passed preliminary evaluation will be notified early April to send their hard copies. I assumed they might have started sending notices since the month is almost over. Anyway, guess we have to wait. 

@CubePhil You're welcome. Based on the latest census, they will close applications on March 31 and then will begin to evaluate documents. Around the middle of May 2019, they will announce the first results, and the final results will inform at the end of June.

Check this link: http://admission.whu.edu.cn/en/?c=content&a=list&catid=187

P.S, Yes, they will have an announcement in early April too. The time that preliminary evaluated (passed) applicants have to send hard copies to the university.

@Hani.J Thanks. It's the same page I checked. It seems there will be two evaluations. Preliminary, and those who pass that will be required to send their hard copies in April for a final evaluation. I may be wrong, but check this out......

1.      Applicants are not required to send us hard copies of application document  until early April when we notify those applicants who passed the preliminary evaluation of the university, and all document should be submitted in two sets of hard copies by DHL or EMS. As for the highest diploma (degree certificate) and transcripts, one set should be the original notarized document. Whether accepted or not, the document will never give back.

.....Took that portion from the same page. The above instruction comes before this..........

From the beginning of Jan. to March 31st, 2019

The qualified applicants will be informed of the evaluation result around the middle of May, 2019, and the final result of scholarship winners will be informed at the end of June. The official admission document will be delivered from the beginning of July, 2019.

......Well, seems we have to be patient.

16 hours ago, iaas206 said:

@woshilara Ah, sorry you're in the same boat! Are you applying for a degree or language programme? I'm finding it hard to find scholarships other than the Confucius one for non-degree programmes (that in addition are still open and don't have application fees)

I'm applying for a degree programme(bachelors). I'll be applying for Shanghai Government Scholarship. Deadlines vary from university to university but East China Normal University's (which is the uni I'll apply for) deadline for SGS is 15 May. You can check it out if you're interested. You're required to pay application fees for it though. I've looked up other universities for you but couldn't find many. Most of the universities offering local scholarships' deadlines have passed, sadly. The only university I could find is Xiamen University. They offer Fujian Provincial Govt. Scholarhsip and the deadline is 10 May. If you're interested, here's the link: https://admissions.xmu.edu.cn/16894/list.htm They require you to register as a self supporting student at first and pay some fees though, then they say they'll pay it back around the second semester, which could be a problem. 

• Like 1

@woshilara Thanks! And good luck with your application! Yeah, I've looked at Xiamen and it looks lovely. I think the Fujian one is only for degree students by the looks of it. The general government one is only via a dispatching authority. So it's a possibility if I can get the CI or embassy to play ball.

• Like 1