Chinese-Forums

2019 CSC Scholarships

lethargica
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

Im quite nervous since I sent my application to the Foreign Office, then they aproved my application to be sent to the Chinese Embassy and said the C.E. will announce results within 2 months (the first month is over now so I guess it will be this April). Im getting a bit anxious now, but I guess we are all the same at this point.

Good luck, everyone!

• Like 3

@GabrielaVD I'm sure we can't help feeling a little anxious, but it shouldn't worry us too much. I read through the 2018 CSC scholarship thread here and it gave me a lot of insights and many things to be prepared for. In all of them, one thing was clear. Patience, patience, patience.

We have many months of waiting to look forward to. Have faith. No matter what happens, it's not the end of the world. Let's keep ourselves updated. All the best to everyone.

• Like 3

Hi @Huyenlala Are you asking about a deadline for CSC scholarship? 

Anyway, information on "Campuschina" page advise applicants to apply for CSC scholarships between early January and April. They are however quick to point out that the applicant should consult their target universities for specific deadlines.

This is because the universities decide when to receive applications. I know universities whose deadline ended in November and December last year for CSC scholarships in 2019/2020. That's why I mentioned in my previous post that I believe the first place to get admission information and deadlines should always be at your target university.

So I'm not saying all applications will close on March. Some have ended, others have not. It depends on the university you are applying to and whether you are applying for CSC scholarship.

Will be happy to help if you are looking for the deadline of a particular university.

@C0ckerel

During online application you would be asked to provide three preferred universities for type A and any of them could be given to you. I was given my first choice because the university had already given me pre-admission letter and I also had an acceptance letter from a professor. My friend had his second choice with no pre-admission letter or an acceptance from a professor. we all applied through type A.  

@Huyenlala For Type A (embassy) applications, you need to go to the website of the Chinese embassy in your country of residence to find out the deadline. Most if not all would have passed by now as its the end of March. For me, the deadline for the UK was 21 March and the EU Window is 01 April.

@CubePhil @芒果乾 Thanks for your replies. I read on some pages that the CSC application portal will close today. It's quite confusing because some universities's deadline is in April. Anyway, I still submit my application today because I'm afraid the portal will not work starting tomorrow (I'm still waiting for my Admission letter though).

@Huyenlala I'm not sure the CSC portal will be closed. Applicants will always have access to the portal to either withdraw their application, make changes or just check their status. If you feel you have all your documents ready, then go ahead and apply today to be on the safe side. 

You can apply without getting an admission letter. Haven't read anywhere that it's a must to get an admission letter before you apply (I may be wrong).

May I know whether you are a "Type A" or "Type B" applicant and which schools you intend to/have applied to? That will probably make it easier to answer questions concerning deadlines and whatnot. 

All the best!!!

@CubePhil It is not a must to get Admission letter, but my plan is I apply for an Admission letter first, so that I can make sure I can get admitted to the school that I want (hopefully). I've just had my interview for Renmin University last week and now I'm waiting for the result. I'm appying for Type A (Asean Network University), their deadline is April 15, so I have two more weeks to submit my documents.

For Type A (through Embassy) in my country, it is quite weird that it requires the applicants to work in a government office or in public education for at least one year, so it takes the chance away for people like me. So sad...

I'm not sure if anyone's ever asked this question, (I'm sorry if I'm repeating it), but anyone knows how we can get the one language study before your master program starts? I have a HSK5 certificate but I'm soooooo scared that it's insufficient for understanding academic knowledge in class.