Chinese-Forums

2019 CSC Scholarships

lethargica
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

On 12/28/2018 at 12:29 AM, Ampicillin said:

Chances of getting the scholarship in both cases depend upon the "embassy and university" If the person applies through embassy then embassy takes the interview or selects the candidates and sends the final report to CSC council (in this case getting rejected by CSC is very minimal, hardly 1%. unless your documents don't meet their requirements. Once the embassy accepts your application means you ALMOST got the scholarship) and same goes to University pathway when you apply to university directly, it's the university who chooses the candidates and again in this case being rejected by CSC is almost minimal). 

@Eyoel I am just recalling the words of @Ampicillin who wrote already about your doubt. 
Best !

• Helpful 1

Hi!

I just received email from a university (Category B) that I was selected for CGS candidate and it still needs final decision from CSC. 

Meanwhile, two weeks ago I was also shortlisted by authority in my country (Category A). And they sent the documents to CSC as well.

I would like to know whether or not we can be granted a scholarship through both two categories. Or CSC will only choose from either Category A or B? By the way, I select different universities in that two categories.

Would really appreciate hearing your thoughts! Thank you.

• Good question! 1

2 hours ago, arrigo said:

would like to know whether or not we can be granted a scholarship through both two categories. Or CSC will only choose from either Category A or B?

CSC will decide the one for you but you cant be granted for more than 1 scholarship. Congrats on the good news!

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Does anyone know what happens if/when the application status changes to Accepted? Will there be something else to do on the application website? Or will I get an email from the embassy? (I applied for Category A)

Also, about how long did it take for others' applications to change from a Submitted to In Progress status?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, yaycat said:

about

tbh dont worry too much about the status on the website. Once I got the scholarship and status never changed but remained submitted, and I knew of a lot of cases like this. If you applied type A just wait for news from your Embassy

• Helpful 3

12 hours ago, GabrielaVD said:

CSC will decide the one for you but you cant be granted for more than 1 scholarship. Congrats on the good news!

Thanks for the information. This really helps me to calm down since the university asks me to guarantee that I will come to the school if I get the scholarship.

Hello, 

Speaking from experience having applied for csc type b scholarship twice and observing d application process. I would tell that the status on the csc website doesn't matter. Constantly check the university website for their nomination list. That's what matters. Once your name is on it  then you are good to go.

• Thanks 1

My status was just changed for an embassy application, with a pre-admission letter from Tsinghua, from 'submitted' to 'in progress,' I understand that noone knows entirely what this means but are we not to expect any result until June/July from embassies (this case in the US). Or do they do rounds of acceptances, with some earlier and some later?

I guess it's just wait and see at this point but please chime in if you have any insight :) 

All the applications I submitted through the CSC website (both type A and B) are still only "Submitted". What's worse, I still don't have confirmation that Zhejiang University received my letter with documents, on the website it's still unreceived even though according to the post it was delivered over 2 weeks ago. Let's just keep waiting and hoping guys 

• Like 1

And yes I got my scholarship while my status was still submitted.  So forget the status. The university nomination is very vital.

Getting pre admission letter doesn't guarantee any thing.

Just keep your fingers crossed. Focus on the university website because once you are selected it is the university(for type B) that would contact you and not csc. For type A(embassy would contact).

So stop agitating about what your csc online status reads. Most times it's either submitted or in progress  and it doesn't get any  other update. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, philippo said:

t nominated by embassy. Then no problem dats good news

Not always.  I passed all the stages for a MOFCOM scholarship through embassy last year, only to be told that I have not been given the scholarship.  About 70 of us from Malawi were in that situation. I know a number of African countries too like Zambia, Zimbabwe just to mention but a few.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kebat said:

can apply as long as the university deadline is until April30?

Go ahead and apply directly to the university.  It means on the online application portal you will choose the agency number for the school you are applying to. Please do take note of other application requirements for that school I.e. application fee and submitting hard copies..

Hello everyone,

I would like to inquire about one thing; is it okay to apply both for CSC Scholarship Type B (Master Degree Program) and CIS Scholarship (also Master Degree MTSCOL)? As many of you, I am totally stressed out about the results and I was thinking that if I don't get awarded with CSC Scholarship, I would go with CIS Scholarship that I am certain of. But there might be a problem if I am awarded with both. Have any of you encountered such issue? Maybe it's better to withdraw one of these applications earlier, I mean now?

Thanks for any replies.