Chinese-Forums

2019 CSC Scholarships

lethargica
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

• New Members

Hi guys, I'm in a bit of confusion right now regarding my CSC application. I'll try to explain it the best I can, I submitted my application on campuschina.com before 31st March 2019, which was the deadline. I applied with type A through the Chinese embassy in my country for an undergraduate programme. 

I am going to graduate in June of 2019, and therefore I do not yet have my Graduation Certificate. When it asked for Graduation certificate, however, I put my Level 5 Diploma Transcript, which I also used for the 'Transcripts of Highest Education' field during the application on campuschina.com. After submitting the application, the embassy called me in for an interview and a few days ago, I received an email from them that I was an "Official Candidate for the Chinese Government Scholarship". The email also mentioned that "the final admission should be in July, after which you will ask for the visa and other procedures". 

I am just wondering whether having the same document for both the Graduation Certificate and the Transcript will affect my chances of getting this scholarship after they have assumably chosen me after the interview process. Any opinions will help guys :(

10 hours ago, JimmyRith said:

wondering whether having the same document for both the Graduation Certificate

My take is it will not affect your chances. What will happen is that at some point, the embassy or Uni will reach out, asking for the degree. That ought to happen before the scholarship results are out. Otherwise, if that was not possible, the embassy would not have invited you for the interviews. 

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 6:09 PM, BaneGlory said:

Do you know what the name of the UC Santa Barbara one is? 

E: 加州大学圣芭芭拉分校孔子学院

Its not on the list from the link I posted.

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 6:23 PM, BaneGlory said:

When I go to the speaking test sign up, these are the only options available on the drop down menu. 

In the "type test sites" part, select "select all" so you can see the whole list of USA test centres. HSKK is done on a computer.. HSK can be done using paper or computer (internet-based test).

• New Members

My take is it will not affect your chances. What will happen is that at some point, the embassy or Uni will reach out, asking for the degree. That ought to happen before the scholarship results are out. Otherwise, if that was not possible, the embassy would not have invited you for the interviews. 

I see. Thanks for your insight! Still buzzing about this but I guess I just have to wait until July to know for sure.

Hai Everyone! 

Firstly, I already applied for a scholarship that suppouse to start on September 2019. 

I applied through the embassy, and I am a bit concerned since it's written that my status is sumbitted but it's not the final one. is it normal ? 

My embassy told me as well that there is no need to send the documents anywhere, and only apply online. Which sounds a bit wierd. 

Secondly, just in case, I would like to apply through University as well. my plan is to study Chinese for one year.

does anyone know if there's still universities I can apply through them and not through the embassy? (that the deadline isn't over yet)

Thank you! :) 

2 hours ago, philippo said:

the reasons i am still contributing to this group is because i received alot of informations and advices from past csc scholars and applicants via information sharing so i still think its my turn to give back the little i can in terms of ideas and info

Very kind of you!

Hello everyone. I need some insight. I applied to the scholarship to learn chinese for a year. I provided my highschool transcripts and even my college credit. The agency contacted me and said that I need an associates degree in order to do the general scholars chinese language program. I told her I will graduate in September with my associates but I haven’t even been approved for graduation yet. I know I will qualify once I finish my classes in June but it may be too late. She said she would add a note and still send it but I may not get the scholarship. I’m so confused because the website says nothing about needing an associate degree for the Chinese language general scholars program.

does anyone have any insight?

8 hours ago, MissA said:

I’m so confused because the website says nothing about needing an associate degree for the Chinese language general scholars program

Each countries' embassy or organisation has its own requirements for the bilateral program. I have applied to be a "General Scholar" (Chinese language) and here are the minimum requirements for me:

UK Chinese embassy: At least two years of undergraduate study

EU Window: high school diploma 

If only all embassies/organisations had the same requirements, then life would be so much easier ?

• Thanks 1

Guys. Just want to weigh my chances. I applied for Type A. I have already done the Interviewwith the Embassy (By the time i went for my Interview i had a Pre-admission letter from Tsinghua which is like my first priority)   and a week later i go the call from the Embassy saying i have been recommended by the Embassy for the Bilateral Program Scholarship now its all up to CSC to decide.  So i just wanted to hear from you guys what are my chances of getting the Scholarship? BTW my CSC status is "In Progress"

I’m actually not applying through an agent I sent it to my chinese embassy and this is what the person at the embassy told me.

i think for the usa it says 2 years of college. I have 2 years of college I just don’t have a degree but I have the credits that day I’ve had 2 years and completed my sophomore year.

to me 2 years of college an associates degree mean two different things 

9 hours ago, BM said:

Guys. Just want to weigh my chances. I applied for Type A. I have already done the Interviewwith the Embassy (By the time i went for my Interview i had a Pre-admission letter from Tsinghua which is like my first priority)   and a week later i go the call from the Embassy saying i have been recommended by the Embassy for the Bilateral Program Scholarship now its all up to CSC to decide.  So i just wanted to hear from you guys what are my chances of getting the Scholarship? BTW my CSC status is "In Progress"

Good step forward. If the 'in progress' is through the embassy route, most probably you'll get it. This is my 3rd year attempt to apply CSC and up until now, I only know 1 girl who didn't get the scholarship after she was nominated by the embassy. 

Ready to pack ur bags and have an amazing adventure in china !

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1

25 minutes ago, BM said:

Thank You for the vote of Confidence. I will surely need it. So what was the issue about the girl who couldn't get the scholarship? And i am sure this year you'll gt the scholarship my friend..

Thanks, I hope I'll make it this year. I don't really know the details of her situation but she told me that she was nominated by the Chinese embassy in her country but at the end she didn't get it. She was really disappointed and I'm surprised too. 

P.S : I bet there's issue in her study plan. Means no university or professor interested in her research area. Nevertheless, this is just an assumption. 

No worries, since you already have a pre-admission letter from peking university, there's a big chance that you'll get it !

3 hours ago, Jabri said:

is through the embassy route, most probably you'll get it

Im speaking out of ignorance, so Id like to ask how do you know/can you guess that?

I have been recommended by my embassy too, and my status is "in progress" as well

However, I am not confident about getting to my first choice school (beida), as I applied for a chinese taught master which requires HSK 6, and I have HSK 4.

However, I apllied for 1 preparatory year of Mandarin

Just in case it is helpful, I share with you guys what Peking ISO told me regarding my case:

" If you wish to apply Chinese government scholarship through Chinese Embassy, for you case, you may request for Chinese language tuition in Peking University before you pursue your master degree. However, this decision will be fully be on the Chinese embassy on their special consideration. Please contact the Chinese Embassy should you have further enquiries regarding this matter.

However, if you wish to apply Chinese government scholarship through Peking University, you will have to hit the target of HSK Level 6 210 marks as we only consider applicants who have already gotten offer from Peking University"

Which are your opinions about this? Thx guys