Chinese-Forums

2019 CSC Scholarships

lethargica
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

@lecerzu oh also, what I was thinking, maybe SRE thought no pre-selection process for them since they sent all applications to the Embassy, but Embassy will have a pre-selection process to get the translated and notarized documents? Sorry, Im just going crazy about the results, I really need to know already 

Hola @GabrielaVD

Yes, I uploaded the documents translated by an authorized translator as well (both diploma and academic transcripts). I thought embassy would do the pre-selection process but I think it's been too long and they haven't notified us. I think it is going to be useful asking directly the Education Office of the Embassy aboout this. A friend of mine applied last year and she told me the Education Office let her know she was not pre.selected. I am going to send an email tomorrow to ask what's going on.

This is the email address if you want to send an email too: educacion.emb.china@gmail.com 

Just now, lecerzu said:

I think it's been too long and they haven't notified us

It has been long, indeed. When I applied in 2016 they notified the pre-selection in like 2 weeks after sending the application. I just sent an email to SRE regarding the selection process, since they were the ones who made all notifications before, I was never in contact with the Embassy, not even for the invitation to the reunion there to pick up the documents. Thank you for the email address, I'll probably send and email after SRE replies back.I would very much appreciate if you could let me know what they say to you, I can let you know what SRE replies to me as well, if its any useful info.

Dear friends, I have some info that I hope will be useful for you

Even though I didnt not apply on the school website, I got an interview with Tsinghua officers. If I pass it, I guess they will pre admit me and recommend me as a CSC scholarship candidate.

My point here is that it seems that you dont need to get the pre admission letter even if we are talking about top universities

I applied through  channel A, thus I was recommended by my embassy.

Another point Id like to highlight is that I have academic merits and maybe this has helped. Not bragging just saying that maybe a good set of documents, nice recommendation letters and a good study plan can help a lot. So do not underestimate the power of your application materials

Anyway, I would still recommend you guys to apply beforehand, so you can keep a better track of your application. I figured everything out by calling csc and the school several times, and communication was carried out in Chinese. Emails are not really helpful, at least in my case...

Hope it helps

Hey guys I have a question. I

i just received this email a few hours ago.

Dear students,

We have received your nominate information from CSC.
But you need to submit online application first so that we can admit you as an exchange student in SJTU.
Please complete online application on our website before 17:00pm 14th May (tomorrow) !

GUIDANCE:
Here is a online application guidance for you CSC students.You need to register yourself.

Common Q&A:
1.Should I pay any fee?
No need to pay!!

3.What type of CSC scholarship have I got?
Please contact CSC yourself about any CSC question. 

4. Deadline?
Before 17:00pm 14th May (tomorrow) !

Best,
Maggie”

So I got this email and I’m doing the application now. (I applied to the embassy but didn’t apply to any schools) there are 4 other emails included in my email. I think they are other students. Does this mean I got the scholarship?!

• New Members

Hi guys, so I decided to stick with CSC. I have a problem now and I would like to ask if other people have faced the same issue

So I applied for a Chinese taught master. The requirement is hsk 5, and I have hsk 4, so I applied for a year of preparatory Chinese

Today, the university (peking university) contacted me, but the person that contacted me was the head of the english taugh program of my major

I dont know why I have been contacted by them, as I specified in the form and in the study plan that I wanted my major to be taught in Chinese

Did anyone have the same problem? Could you change your major if you want to change the language?

32 minutes ago, NAINU235 said:

The requirement is hsk 5, and I have hsk 4, so I applied for a year of preparatory Chinese

there are unis that do not offer the one preparatory Chinese year, have you checked that about Beida? I think that might be a reason, but if its not, I dont really know

• New Members
1 hour ago, GabrielaVD said:

have you checked that about Beida?

this is what they say on website (I checked the Chinese version cause I think it is more "official"):

因汉语水平未达到我校中文授课要求的中国政府奖学金生,应按照录取通知书规定的期限,在我校对外汉语教育学院或中国国家留学基金管理委员会指定的院校进行汉语补习。
每年春季学期(5月),留学生办公室会组织汉语补习生进行面试,经考核合格的学生,方可开始专业学习。在规定期限内未能达到语言要求的学生,须延长汉语补习期限,或者选择转入其他学校。
选择英语授课项目的奖学金生无需参加汉语补习。

It means that yes, students who do not meet the requirements should take these courses, so it´s a bit weird

Best wishes

Good day..  Just a quick question as um biting my nails over this one. I applied to Tsinghua Uni beforehand.. And got Pre-admitted. I then applied for CGS through the embassy(Bilateral Program) and got nominated. Now um a lil bit curious if Tsinghua has received  my scholarship recommendation from CSC,  because haven't heard from them regarding the recommendation, should i be worried or  its just anxiety creeping in for no reason?

• Good question! 1

1 hour ago, BM said:

Good day..  Just a quick question as um biting my nails over this one. I applied to Tsinghua Uni beforehand.. And got Pre-admitted. I then applied for CGS through the embassy(Bilateral Program) and got nominated. Now um a lil bit curious if Tsinghua has received  my scholarship recommendation from CSC,  because haven't heard from them regarding the recommendation, should i be worried or  its just anxiety creeping in for no reason?

What can you do anyway? Relax LOL.

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 1:07 PM, MissA said:

Does this mean I got the scholarship?!

Looks like SJTU are offering you a place after registration. You then need CSC to approve it by July which I think is likely.

I am jealous now because I sooo want an offer from SJTU :lol:

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:51 PM, GabrielaVD said:

Sorry, Im just going crazy about the results, I really need to know already 

Have patience young padawan :lol:

• Thanks 1

Thank you for your response! 

The embassy agent said it may be hard for me because I have over 60 college credits but she said the CSC is most likely looking for an associates degree

it would be so crappy for SJTU to want me as a student and be then CSC decline it because I don’t have an associates. 

On the website it says completed 2 years of college which I HAVE. I had no idea it meant an associates 

On 5/12/2019 at 7:22 PM, GabrielaVD said:

t has been long, indeed. When I applied in 2016 they notified the pre-selection in like 2 weeks after sending the application. I just sent an email to SRE regarding the selection process, since they were the ones who made all notifications before, I was never in contact with the Embassy, not even for the invitation to the reunion there to pick up the documents. Thank you for the email address, I'll probably send and email after SRE replies back.I would very much appreciate if you could let me know what they say to you, I can let you know what SRE replies to me as well, if its any useful info.

Sure. I'll let you know

• New Members

Dear All, 

I got this email from Peking University many weeks ago. 
I have then responded accordingly by tendering all my documents. 

Just wanna ask how likely I'm going to be awarded the scholarship? Has anyone here has experience pertaining to the matter? Can't help but keep thinking about my application and the contingency plan. 

MANY THANKS! 

Capture.PNG

• Like 1