Chinese-Forums

2019 CSC Scholarships

lethargica
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

I have received a message from Zhejiang Sci-Tech University about the status of my CSC application. They have nominated me and asked me to wait till they receive response from CSC. But please can anyone help with the research focus in Computer Applied Technology Department?

I have not been able to see anything on their site about the professors and the research areas.

Thanks

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 6:04 PM, 芒果乾 said:

I applied via the UK Chinese embassy (type A) and now considering withdrawing my EU Window application as there is more certainty in my UK application.

I have e-mailed the EU Window staff about the status of applications and they have said the review of applications is still ongoing. Also, I have withdrawn my EU Window application so there is one less person (me) to compete with :lol: Good luck to those applying via the EU Window and hope you get a place!

• Like 1

Shaquelle Mckenzie

Hey,

I received a message from NUIST last night stating they have received my Chinese government scholarship application. However this was my third choice and not my first choice for which I had a pre-admission letter for. So this goes to show that I does not matter whether you have a pre-admission letter or not you can still be sent to any university.  

I am happy however regardless of the outcome.

• Like 3

• New Members

Hi! New here ? Thanks to all of you who have been sharing your experience when applying for csc scholarship, it has been really useful!

GabrielaVD i will tell you about my situation. I am from Spain, and i have been recommended by my embassy (my application is in progress). I applied for a master in international trade (first choice UIBE and second choice Shanghai University-SHU). I attached pre-admission of UIBE and SHU in March, and two weeks ago I received an email from UIBE asking me if i was sure i wanted to do a master in International Trade in English.  Moreover, i had many problems to check my admission status this last month ? I don`t know if this was useful or not, but that´s all i know ?

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

18 hours ago, Personocratia said:

Anyone applied to Dongbei University and got responses from university?

Did you mean DUFE? I got a message from them last 3 weeks informing that they have accepted my application through Chinese Embassy. I am still waiting for the next update then.

• Like 1

Hi guys I got admission at tsinghua university

I applied through the embassy of my country, should I just wait for my admission package to come?

Or should I contact my university so that they will send me the admission package?

• Like 2

Thank you @crisgarari l havent heard anything from anyone, schools or Embassy. No one replies my emails or answer the phone ??Also, I didnt get a pre admission. My status is still in progress, but I guess I can only keep on waiting, just like the rest of us ? Hope your application is succesful!

• Like 1

@GabrielaVDHola. I haven't received any response yet from the embassy... But I think you should have more chances to get the scholarship since your status is "in progress". I just checked mine and it says "submitted" so I think my possibilities are minimum. Good luck

• Thanks 1

On 5/30/2019 at 1:47 PM, Shaquelle Mckenzie said:

So this goes to show that I does not matter whether you have a pre-admission letter or not you can still be sent to any university.  

Good to know that you have been given an offer. After reading all the comments so far, I now believe that the study plan is the most important document rather than pre-admission letters.

5 hours ago, xbyren said:

Or should I contact my university so that they will send me the admission package?

Doesn't CSC have to give final approval in July before admission packages are sent out?

1 hour ago, GabrielaVD said:

My status is still in progress, but I guess I can only keep on waiting, just like the rest of us

I think you need that e-mail from a university offering you a place, then there will be more certainty. Good luck Gabriela!

27 minutes ago, Marcela said:

if the status of the scholarship through the embassy is “in progress”, it automatically means you’ve been recommended by the embassy?

More or less. It means the embassy has checked your documents, approved it and forwarded it to the universities or CSC. It does not mean you will get the scholarship but the chances have increased.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• New Members

Hello guys...

@GabrielaVD @Jabri @philippo my status on Chongqing university  (CSC Type B scholarship) changed from "awaiting academic review" to "final result unreleased" what does this implies? Was I shortlisted for CSC review or not? The  university is yet to reply to my mail on this.

Secondly,  any update on Tianjin university  CSC Type B scholarship?

• Like 1