Chinese-Forums

2019 CSC Scholarships

lethargica
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

Soooooo I emailed SJTU I got a reply back that I am not on the waitlist. I’m on the actual formal list! 

It looks like I am SO close to getting this scholarship! Omg!

89C39DCE-805A-4E0B-B316-CAE0D1923590.jpeg

58 minutes ago, cxn0610 said:

y'all!!!! my application status changed today!!!! now is "in progress"!! these are good news right??? 

image.thumb.png.678d1f32fcbce5f0490743b80de094aa.png

to the ones that applied through the eu window: did your status change as well? 

Check your university application and see what your status is and if you are accepted. From there I emailed the school to see if I was on the formal list or waitlist. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MissA said:

Check your university application and see what your status is and if you are accepted. From there I emailed the school to see if I was on the formal list or waitlist. 

but i did it through the eu window? not through an university. maybe i should wait until one of the universities (i hope xiada) contacts me and ask me to apply, right? because i tried doing the application before but they asked me for things i didn't and still don't know (like, information about the sponsor, their passport...) - i even ticked the csc scholarship box but that didn't change, so i thought i had to wait until they told me whether i was accpeted or not and what to do ?

27 minutes ago, cxn0610 said:

but i did it through the eu window? not through an university. maybe i should wait until one of the universities (i hope xiada) contacts me and ask me to apply, right? because i tried doing the application before but they asked me for things i didn't and still don't know (like, information about the sponsor, their passport...) - i even ticked the csc scholarship box but that didn't change, so i thought i had to wait until they told me whether i was accpeted or not and what to do ?

I applied through my New York embassy. I got an email from SJTU telling me to apply to the school so I did. I’ve been accepted to the school and placed on the formal list. They’re sending me info to get set up for my student visa. I about 90% sure I have the scholarship. Has any university contacted to you apply? If they haven’t I’d say it’s probably not a good sign. If you haven’t done one university application. If you have the check the status of it. I also applied through the embassy. But the most information I’m getting is from SJTU.

2 hours ago, cxn0610 said:

The EU Window is a type A application like via the embassies so the most important thing is to receive an email from a university asking you to register as a student on their website. "In progress" does not mean anything if you do not get that e-mail.

The Type A process is something like this, from what I learnt this year:

1. Apply to embassy

2. Embassy approves application and is forwarded to CSC/your university choices

3. Receive an e-mail from a university to register as a student

4. Apply on the university website

5. Get admitted by the university (the formal list is what you need to be on, not the waiting list)

6. Final approval from CSC

Edit: made some changes :oops:

• Helpful 1

2 minutes ago, 芒果乾 said:

The EU Window is a type A application like via the embassies so the most important thing is to receive an email from a university asking you to register as a student on their website. "In progress" does not mean anything if you do not get that e-mail.

The process is something like this from what I learnt this year:

1. Apply to CSC

2. Receive an e-mail from a university to register as a student

3. Apply on the university website

4. Get admitted by the university (the formal list is what you need to be on, not the waiting list)

5. Final approval from CSC

uh, i knew that i still had to wait but i thought that maybe it meant something positive..... now my hype is dead hahaha 

thanks for the info anyway

2 minutes ago, cxn0610 said:

uh, i knew that i still had to wait but i thought that maybe it meant something positive..... now my hype is dead hahaha 

The EU Window staff have been dragging their heels compared to the embassies :lol: You really need to receive the e-mail for registration within the next few weeks as CSC final approval starts around mid next month. Good luck!

• Thanks 2

Well, my application through EU Window is still only "Submitted" :( Still having some hopes, but starting to have doubts if i will get it this year. Anyway, congrats for all whose status changed to "in progress' 

EDIT: Did anyone apply to Zhejiang University or Sichuan University (Type A). If so, what is your status on CSC website?

5 hours ago, pan.kasper said:

Well, my application through EU Window is still only "Submitted" :( Still having some hopes, but starting to have doubts if i will get it this year. Anyway, congrats for all whose status changed to "in progress'  

EDIT: Did anyone apply to Zhejiang University or Sichuan University (Type A). If so, what is your status on CSC website?

I applied to Zhejiang University through EU Window and my status is still submitted. Do you have the pre-admission letter from ZJTU? It is such a strain having to wait for so long, but hope that it will be worth it.  Good luck to all you guys! ?

11 hours ago, Steph1997 said:

I applied to Zhejiang University through EU Window and my status is still submitted. Do you have the pre-admission letter from ZJTU? It is such a strain having to wait for so long, but hope that it will be worth it.  Good luck to all you guys! ?

I applied to Zhejiang through Type A application. For EU Window I selected Nanjing University from which I also attached a pre-admission letter. But still, my status is only 'submitted' 

On 6/13/2019 at 9:15 PM, MissA said:

Soooooo I emailed SJTU I got a reply back that I am not on the waitlist. I’m on the actual formal list! 

It looks like I am SO close to getting this scholarship! Omg!

89C39DCE-805A-4E0B-B316-CAE0D1923590.jpeg

On 6/13/2019 at 8:17 PM, cxn0610 said:

y'all!!!! my application status changed today!!!! now is "in progress"!! these are good news right??? 

image.thumb.png.678d1f32fcbce5f0490743b80de094aa.png

to the ones that applied through the eu window: did your status change as well? 

Congrats !!! Ready to pack ur bags and have an amazing adventure in China !! ?

I applied for type A twice, through embassy in my country and through EU Window. In both cases my status changed into "in progress".
What do you guys think, which scholarship of the two they will give me? Honestly, I prefer EU Window (seems more prestigious). Maybe someone knows from other applicant with similar situation in the past years.

Anyone else from SJTU? ?

8 hours ago, Gosia said:

What do you guys think, which scholarship of the two they will give me? Honestly, I prefer EU Window (seems more prestigious). Maybe someone knows from other applicant with similar situation in the past years.

I think you are more likely to get a place via the embassy rather than EU Window. The EU Window has 115 places this year and people from all over the EU can apply which makes competition intense. It was only until recently that the status of EU Window applications changed to "in progress" for some. My UK Chinese embassy application changed to "in progress" back in April.

For this year, MissA and I have applied for SJTU. Both of us have registered on the student website after being invited via email. Like I said to others before, you need an email from a university asking you to register as a student in their website, status of application means nothing until you receive it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 芒果乾 said:

For this year, MissA and I have applied for SJTU. Both of us have registered on the student website after being invited via email. Like I said to others before, you need an email from a university asking you to register as a student in their website, status of application means nothing until you receive it.

Have you found out if you’ve been accepted and if so if you’re on the formal or wait list?

I disagree with you from what I know from experience. I did register before at SJTU, back in march and have an admission letter what I attached to my csc application. I am also a scholarship winner from Tsinghua back in 2017 and I did it the same way . Back then, I did not reveive any email from tsinghua until the admission result was out (they start sending formalitie), so I dont think university will send emails to those who are admitted before ? it is just pointless because I am already admitted. 

And for EU Window, well i just hope for that one. I am not sure if it is too competetive - you only compete with few people from your country (not many knows about eu window + there is a quota for each country) comparing to hundreds when you apply through an embassy. My embassy status also changed back in April and now EU Window. ?