Chinese-Forums

2019 CSC Scholarships

lethargica
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

8 hours ago, Gosia said:

so I dont think university will send emails to those who are admitted before ? it is just pointless because I am already admitted. 

Not everyone completes a university application when applying through the embassy. (For example I didn’t. I only Applied to the embassy only). In that case SJTU sent me an email and asked me to apply. And a few days later I was admitted to the school. To further things I asked if I made it to the formal list or the wait list and I found out that I was on the formal list. 

What others are trying to say is that when it happens that way you

Know where you are in the process and so for me it makes me feel a bit more certain to know I’m on the formal list over the wait list and all of that. 

We all know that we will not know the FINAL results until it is releAsed by the scholarship council.

• Like 1

What’s the next status on CSC web page after “In Progress”?

5 hours ago, MissA said:

We all know that we will not know the FINAL results until it is releAsed by the scholarship council.

Where are they released? Via email or some web page ?

17 hours ago, MissA said:

Have you found out if you’ve been accepted and if so if you’re on the formal or wait list?

I have been admitted but not sure what list I am on as I have not asked yet ? I am going to wait for the result rather than ask. I think you more or less have been awarded it so start getting ready to pack ?

15 hours ago, Gosia said:

I disagree with you from what I know from experience. I did register before at SJTU, back in march and have an admission letter what I attached to my csc application. I am also a scholarship winner from Tsinghua back in 2017 and I did it the same way . Back then, I did not reveive any email from tsinghua until the admission result was out (they start sending formalitie), so I dont think university will send emails to those who are admitted before ? it is just pointless because I am already admitted

If you are saying you registered on the university system for a pre-admission letter then you are already on the system and would not need the email that we received asking us to register as a new student. 

15 hours ago, Gosia said:

And for EU Window, well i just hope for that one. I am not sure if it is too competetive - you only compete with few people from your country (not many knows about eu window + there is a quota for each country) comparing to hundreds when you apply through an embassy. My embassy status also changed back in April and now EU Window. ?

Have EU Window staff confirmed that each EU country in the EU Window has a quota? 

If you are talking about the CSC-Bilateral embassy route, then I think it depends on the country. If you have looked at the scholarship winners list for all universities, the majority of winners have been Pakistani nationals, from countries in the Commonwealth of Independent States, from countries in South East Asia and Africa. I assume each of these countries would have hundreds of applicants compared to countries in Europe and North America.

So those of you who think you have a strong shot at getting the scholarship: when are you buying plane tickets? After you get the final result and/or your visa?

Just wondering because aren't tickets generally more expensive the longer you wait?

4 hours ago, latinscholar said:

What’s the next status on CSC web page after “In Progress”?

10 hours ago, MissA said:

Where are they released? Via email or some web page ?

I’ve been reading the thread from 2018. Your status on the CSC application does not matter. There were people who were “submitted” that got the scholarship and there were people “in progress” that didn’t get the scholarship. 

What i notice if you’re on the formal list from the university you’re about as good as gold. Which means you’re 90% going to be awarded the scholarship. 

My point is is that because you didn’t apply through the A Type then your situation is different from mine. I applied through the university and the comment you were referring to earlier was about applying through the embassy, not through the university (Type B I think)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MissA said:

My point is is that because you didn’t apply through the A Type then your situation is different from mine. I applied through the university and the comment you were referring to earlier was about applying through the embassy, not through the university (Type B I think)

Type A is embassy and Type B is university. I applied through Type A. Just wondering who will be telling me that I have been granted the scholarship. May I just wait for an email from CSC, university or embassy?

1 hour ago, latinscholar said:

Type A is embassy and Type B is university. I applied through Type A. Just wondering who will be telling me that I have been granted the scholarship. May I just wait for an email from CSC, university or embassy?

From what I’ve seen the embassy will notify you. 

• Helpful 1

9 hours ago, MissA said:

I’ve been reading the thread from 2018. Your status on the CSC application does not matter. There were people who were “submitted” that got the scholarship and there were people “in progress” that didn’t get the scholarship. 

I also read that! And many other forums. But I think that "in progress" for type A and type B has different meaning. For type A it is a clear indication that embassy nominated you (I don't know how much it can indicate that CSC accepted this nomination and passed your file to universities - but this was a case with me).
With type B indeed, many people with 'in progress' did not get in. I have not heard about type A applicants with 'in progress' who did not get a scholarship.

13 hours ago, 芒果乾 said:

Have EU Window staff confirmed that each EU country in the EU Window has a quota? 

No, but look. Each embassy has a quota every year (in my country it is 58 seats). I looked at EU Window winner list, each year there was about 3-4 people from my country, so I assume there must be a quota

• Thanks 2
  • Helpful 1

13 hours ago, yaycat said:

So those of you who think you have a strong shot at getting the scholarship: when are you buying plane tickets? After you get the final result and/or your visa?

Just wondering because aren't tickets generally more expensive the longer you wait?

Yep, we can only buy the plane tickets after we get the final result no other way isn't it ?

7 hours ago, Luscious said:
19 hours ago, Gosia said:

in progress' who did not get a scholarship.

I did not get it. Lastvywarm Once again people, a change in status on the CSC portal means nothing. 

You did not get it for this year’s round or what? 

hallo guys! 

today i received an email from xiada telling me to send them some documents that they need (will attach it now). am i getting closer or it doesn't mean much again? ? because as i've read, i need to be in the formal list and this email just says they're reviewing my application... 

2B_LMd4D.thumb.jpg.57bd6a3f23bec2d0d1b2c27aad75b12b.jpg

anw! let's be positive shall we? hahaha 

5 hours ago, BM said:
13 hours ago, Luscious said:

You did not get it for this year’s

Last year. The best is to focus on the school portal or waiting for communication from the Uni or embassy, depending on the window you used for application.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cxn0610 said:

hallo guys! 

today i received an email from xiada telling me to send them some documents that they need (will attach it now). am i getting closer or it doesn't mean much again? ? because as i've read, i need to be in the formal list and this email just says they're reviewing my application... 

Go ahead and send them everything they’re looking for. They probably are gonna admitt you to that school then from there you will need to ask them if you’re on the formal list or wait list. You’re getting closer. :)

Hi everyone! I am new here, but I have been reading all your posts and have been very helpful, thanks!!. I am in the same situation as most of you but I was admitted a while ago to Tsinghua for a Master's degree. At the time I contacted the embassy telling them that I was admitted and they called me back (I was surprised about this), they opened the system for me when it was already closed so I could attached my admittance letter (not pre-admittance), so I guess this is important for them... has anyone been in the same situation?

Now I'm following Tsinghua's registration process like any other student and they will be sending the visa form in July (them, not the CSC), I don't know if anybody has been in my situation. Also, a month ago Tsinghua sent me a Statement to sign saying that I was accepted as a CSC scholarship student, but as the tuition fee is too high, (CSC covers up to 50k for a master program) I will have to pay the rest, I signed it and sent it back to them. Does this mean I am already accepted?? Has anyone had the same experience? I won't  be really sure until the results are released... xD

@crisgarari I also apply through the embassy in Spain and was recommended! I am already in Beijing, but I will leave for the visa and come back on August, if you need anything let me know!

• Like 2

Hey guys, so I received an official confirmation letter from my embassy saying I was awarded the CGS a couple weeks back. When I went to confirm this with my university (I'm already a year into my studies, missed the CGS deadline for my first year ), they said that they haven't received the list of CGS winners yet. Are there any way for me to confirm the CGS? any other people in a similar situation as me of applying for the CGS not in their first year?

4 hours ago, Linweile said:

Hi everyone! I am new here, but I have been reading all your posts and have been very helpful, thanks!!. I am in the same situation as most of you but I was admitted a while ago to Tsinghua for a Master's degree. At the time I contacted the embassy telling them that I was admitted and they called me back (I was surprised about this), they opened the system for me when it was already closed so I could attached my admittance letter (not pre-admittance), so I guess this is important for them... has anyone been in the same situation?

Now I'm following Tsinghua's registration process like any other student and they will be sending the visa form in July (them, not the CSC), I don't know if anybody has been in my situation. Also, a month ago Tsinghua sent me a Statement to sign saying that I was accepted as a CSC scholarship student, but as the tuition fee is too high, (CSC covers up to 50k for a master program) I will have to pay the rest, I signed it and sent it back to them. Does this mean I am already accepted?? Has anyone had the same experience? I won't  be really sure until the results are released... xD

hi there..? i am also admitted to Tsinghua University for MA Program.. do you have whatsapp? Reach out so we can chat.. 

• Like 1

? Congrats guys! How luck you are!

I think this year I will have no chance to get the EU Window scholarship, as my stuatus never changed, and still shows: SUBMITTED ?

Anyway, I would try to phone the EU office to ask for some clarifications... 

Is there anyone in the same situation?

• New Members

Hello guys. I also applied via the EU Window, and my application is in progress, but I think I might not have high chances since I opted for the top universities without a letter for pre-acceptance. I have two questions:

1. Did any of the people who solely applied to EU Window already receive emails from universities?

2. In orevious years did anyone get 2 years of language studies (since I basically start from scratch I formally applied for 2 years of language before the degree, but I am not even sure that is actually possible)

Thank you!

Alex