Chinese-Forums

2019 CSC Scholarships

lethargica
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

• New Members
5 hours ago, Alexandru D said:

Hello guys. I also applied via the EU Window, and my application is in progress, but I think I might not have high chances since I opted for the top universities without a letter for pre-acceptance. I have two questions:

1. Did any of the people who solely applied to EU Window already receive emails from universities?

2. In orevious years did anyone get 2 years of language studies (since I basically start from scratch I formally applied for 2 years of language before the degree, but I am not even sure that is actually possible)

Thank you!

Alex

i also applied through the EU window and my status is "in progress", but i have not received  any email from the universities yet. We still have one month ahead to know the final results.

:) Keep hope alive :) 

On 6/21/2019 at 12:04 AM, Steph1997 said:

I think this year I will have no chance to get the EU Window scholarship, as my stuatus never changed, and still shows: SUBMITTED ?

Anyway, I would try to phone the EU office to ask for some clarifications... 

Is there anyone in the same situation?

Yes, exactly the same story here. I applied to Nanjing University with a pre-admission letter. I didn't give up home yet totally, but i know that my chances of getting scholarship through EU Window are getting rather slim.

1 hour ago, Towers said:

also applied through the EU window and my status is "in progress", but i have not received  any email from the universities yet. We still have one month ahead to know the final results.

:) Keep hope alive :) 

If you registered on university website, you might try to check whether you have any scholarship information there. This is the case with me. Good luck!

1 hour ago, Towers said:

EU Window, and my application is in progress, but I think I might not have high chances since I opted for the top universities without a letter for pre-acceptance

I bet you will be on the list! I saw they will publish around 15 July (this is what they say in EU Window guide). 

• New Members
47 minutes ago, MissA said:

Guys I got this email from SJTU. It seems I actually got the scholarship? I’m confused can someone help me?

I  think congratulations is in order... The last sentence seems to be the deal.

Finally, your new journey has started.

• Thanks 1

• New Members
On 6/20/2019 at 11:49 AM, Linweile said:

Hi everyone! I am new here, but I have been reading all your posts and have been very helpful, thanks!!. I am in the same situation as most of you but I was admitted a while ago to Tsinghua for a Master's degree. At the time I contacted the embassy telling them that I was admitted and they called me back (I was surprised about this), they opened the system for me when it was already closed so I could attached my admittance letter (not pre-admittance), so I guess this is important for them... has anyone been in the same situation?

Hi! I've been admitted into Tsinghua for a master program too. I was wondering if there are any active whatsapp/wechat group that are created for prospective master students? 

• Like 1
  • Good question! 1

Congrats guys!!! :)

@Frazerrr 

I only have a wechat group with my MBA classmates, I don't know about other MA :( Did you also get the scholarship? I just read on the previous post that the CSC will be sending the admission package, but I'm quite sure in my case it is Tsinghua sending the admission package cause I am already in contact with the person in charge of this in my faculty

5 hours ago, Frazerrr said:

Hi! I've been admitted into Tsinghua for a master program too. I was wondering if there are any active whatsapp/wechat group that are created for prospective master students

Yes we surely need a whatsapp group for updates..?

16 minutes ago, BM said:

Hi! I've been admitted into Tsinghua for a master program too. I was wondering if there are any active whatsapp/wechat group that are created for prospective master students

For those who got admitted to Tsinghua please pm me your whatsapp contacts so that i can create a group for updates.. 

hello guys! glad to see people getting the scholarship!!! 

so after having some problems and such with the documents that i sent to xiada, the last email that i received was one that said "good morning, documents received". 

now, my question is: should i ask them about being in the formal list and such or wait until they tell me something? i'm honestly nervous and i wanna know asap but i don't want to bother them so much lmao (had to send them an email asking if they received the last bunch of docs i sent them cause i didn't receive any feedback from them jsjfjand) 

what would you guys do? 

9 hours ago, Mr Jay said:

10 hours ago, MissA said:

Guys I got this email from SJTU. It seems I actually got the scholarship? I’m confused can someone help me?

I  think congratulations is in order... The last sentence seems to be the deal.

Finally, your new journey has started.

Omg ive been celebrating all day!!

1 hour ago, cxn0610 said:

now, my question is: should i ask them about being in the formal list and such or wait until they tell me something?

I think you better wait till end of June. Cause this is the deadline that they need to confirm scholarships to CSC. After that you can mail them

Here are some updates for who like me, applied for the EU Window Scholarship.

This morning I have called the Eu Window Scholarship office, and after at least 15 phone calls?, they finally answered.

• They told me that a pre-selection list has been sent to the CSC council in China around a month ago.
  • I  asked them for the pre-selection list, but they told me that since it is not the final result they cannot give us any information about that.
  • Then I asked if the status "SUBMITTED" is normal, and the secretary said that it only means that the application has not been processed by the CSC yet.

Therefore, I come to a conclusion: we have still some hope, but the chances to be granted the EU scholarship are not high.

We have only to wait patiently till mid-july.

• Like 1