Chinese-Forums

2019 CSC Scholarships

lethargica
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

16 minutes ago, Steph1997 said:

I  asked them for the pre-selection list, but they told me that since it is not the final result they cannot give us any information about that

Just 3 weeks to go. I also can not wait to check it out.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Steph1997 said:

Here are some updates for who like me, applied for the EU Window Scholarship.

This morning I have called the Eu Window Scholarship office, and after at least 15 phone calls?, they finally answered.

• They told me that a pre-selection list has been sent to the CSC council in China around a month ago.
  • I  asked them for the pre-selection list, but they told me that since it is not the final result they cannot give us any information about that.
  • Then I asked if the status "SUBMITTED" is normal, and the secretary said that it only means that the application has not been processed by the CSC yet.

Therefore, I come to a conclusion: we have still some hope, but the chances to be granted the EU scholarship are not high.

We have only to wait patiently till mid-july.

That's amazing, thanks for sharing it with us! It would be great if there still were chances for us to get it :D Stay positive! 

• Like 2

well in the end i sent an email to shirley, the one in charge (i think) of the admission office in xiada. i did it before i read your answers ? i'm a ball of nervousness and i can't stay still, sorry ;;

anw she told me that she cannot tell me the results of the scholarship (i asked her about being in the formal list or waiting list) and that the chinese embassy (aka eu window) will be the one informing me, so it means i still have to wait ;;;;; 

34 minutes ago, Luscious said:
2 hours ago, Enio said:

I am sick of waiting. The anxiety is killing me hahahahaha

I am tired of waiting too. I don't know if they know how painful the wait is

honestly same. these days i'm not even sleeping well because i wake up every hour to check my email. i know we cannot do much apart from waiting but...

let's think that july is here, since june is ending this week, and that we will get news soon. 

1 hour ago, cxn0610 said:

i'm not even sleeping well because i wake up every hour to check my email.

but the results will be on the EU Window website. think, how exciting is it to find own name on their list and then you can celebrate with friends. it's gonna be fine!

7 minutes ago, Gosia said:

but the results will be on the EU Window website. think, how exciting is it to find own name on their list and then you can celebrate with friends. it's gonna be fine!

don't they notify you before they publish it? because i thought that was the case ?

@yiing Please add me on Wechat 1420564381. I will invite you. 

@MissA Welcome to Shanghai. I am in some SH expat groups. I can invite you. If you are interested you could add my Wechat and ask for SJTU help over there. 

Please, Do NOT spam groups! 

• Thanks 1

• New Members

Hello family, 

I'm Hicham from Algeria, a master's degree holder in linguistics. I applied for the CSC scholarship 2019 type A through the Ministry of Highest Education of Algeria. 

The major I applied for is: Linguistics and Applied Linguistics (PhD English Taught-program) 

The three Universities I Selected are:

Beihang University

Beijing Foreign Studies

Communication University of China

I sent the file to the dispatching authority (ministry). The latter sent it to the CSC, this what I have been told so far! 

Up to present, my status - as well as all the Algerian individual applicants -  on the CSC portal has not changed yet, IT IS SUBMITTED !! 

As far as I know, the CSC has three statues: 1) not submitted, 2) submitted, 3) in progress. When I asked others who won the scholarship years before, the told me that : "in progress" means that my file reached to the CSC and it is under review! 

Since it's submitted (in Algeria, and some other countries) does this indicate that my file hasn't been touched yet? 

When I called the ministry, the told me that the Universities or the CSC will contact me once I got accepted or rejected. But, it's been more than 4 months yet no response!

I just want to know, is the status important? And will it change, knowing that most Universities had already announced the results and many other applicants (Category A) had their statuses changed!!!

I tried to contact some students who are studying there the check my name at the level of IOS!! 

I applied for Central China Normal University category B. The status changed to in progress a long time ago!

Any guidance from you, will help me understand things much better because it's my first time applying. Thanks for your guys. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ampicillin said:

Welcome to Shanghai. I am in some SH expat groups. I can invite you. If you are interested you could add my Wechat and ask for SJTU help over there. 

Hey thanks that would be great I’ll add you