Chinese-Forums

2019 CSC Scholarships

lethargica
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

2 hours ago, Luone said:

they rejected me. Is it normal this way?

It's the first time that I heard something like that, because usually, the normal way is that University nominates candidates, send the lists to CSC and CSC approves or decides the right university for candidates with multiple offers, so usually is CSC who decides. Maybe that university didn't want to waste a seat and give the opportunity to other person for being nominated.
Now, you are on hands of CSC and that CSC approves enough seats to Donghua University for you being selected. We will know results this month so let's wait that the best will come for us!
Best energy for you !

• Like 2

As @MissA e-mailed SJTU to see if she was on the formal or waiting list, I thought I would do the same thing and this is the reply I got recently:

你好,
    你已经被我们学校录取了。但奖学金的信息请等待大使馆的最终通知。

Looks like I have to wait for the Chinese Embassy in London to contact me some time this month on the outcome ?

51 minutes ago, 芒果乾 said:
你好,
    你已经被我们学校录取了。但奖学金的信息请等待大使馆的最终通知。

What does it even mean? 

1 hour ago, Luscious said:

What does it even mean? 

I have been admitted to SJTU but have to wait for my local Chinese Embassy to contact me on whether I got the scholarship or not. She did not say if I was on the 'official/formal list' or 'waiting list'.

• Like 1
  • Good question! 1

Hi guys, so I received this mail from the Nanjing University of Art, I accepted and confirmed the information 

Our university decided to recommend you as a Chinese government scholarship student, but the final result is based on the announcement of CSC. Please confirm the following information:
(1) If the scholarship application is successful, you will study in Nanjing University of the Arts as master degree student.
(2) All your courses are taught in Chinese.
(3) Your major is Studies on Cultural Industry.
(4) You will have one year to study Chinese.

Since it was the CSC Center who provided my application materials to Nanjing, do you guys think I have decent chances of getting the scholarship? I asked Nanjing if they know some temptative dates for the selected scholars announcement , and they told me CSC will contact me directly. 
I'm worried because in case I win the scholarship the tickets from my country are quite pricey, and also I would need to get an US or Canada visa, which takes time and can be annoying. 

Thanks guys!!!

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, 芒果乾 said:
1 hour ago, Luscious said:

What does it even mean? 

I have been admitted to SJTU but have to wait for my local Chinese Embassy to contact me on whether I got the scholarship or not. She did not say if I was on the 'official/formal list' or 'waiting list'

That’s so weird!! They were almost eager to tell me I got in. Who was the person you spoke to? Maggie was the one that gave me the news. Maybe she jumped the gun and make it causes trouble? ANyways you were accepted so if seems your chances are good. What does your application on apply@sjtu say?

• New Members

Hello.

I applied for the Chinese Government Scholarship A. When I applied for the first time, I was put the three universities. But two applied, were eliminated. One not applied. And then received an e-mail from Beijing Institute Of Technology in early June. They knew i applied for a CSC.  So they required to upload an application form. So I had an interview after uploading. I had an interview on June 14th, but I haven't heard from you yet. Am I accepted to this university? Is there anyone like me?

11 hours ago, 芒果乾 said:

I have been admitted to SJTU but have to wait for my local Chinese Embassy to contact me on whether I got the scholarship or not. She did not say if I was on the 'official/formal list' or 'waiting list'.

I think the difference is that Missa applied as an 'exchange' student, and you applied for a degree program? However, I as a degree student have already scholarship info on the study@SJTU

11 hours ago, CaroCard said:

I'm worried because in case I win the scholarship the tickets from my country are quite pricey, and also I would need to get an US or Canada visa, which takes time and can be annoying. 

where are you from?
If I remember well, you also applied for category A? I don't know about the process in this case, when you get assigned to another uni, but my small guess is that your chances must be high... I think most people on cat. A get a scholarship once recommended by the embassy. Keep my fingers crossed for you.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, MissA said:

That’s so weird!! They were almost eager to tell me I got in. Who was the person you spoke to? Maggie was the one that gave me the news. Maybe she jumped the gun and make it causes trouble? ANyways you were accepted so if seems your chances are good. What does your application on apply@sjtu say?

The emails have normally been written by Ms Maggie but the last email had no signature. My status on the SJTU website is exactly the same as yours.. 'admitted'. One thing I noticed was how quickly they processed your application (from the screenshots you posted). 

After I submitted my details and documents on the SJTU website, the application status did not change after two weeks. Sent them an email to ask why my status had not changed and then they processed it.. it's like they needed a reminder to process it ?

I have a feeling that I am on the waiting list considering what has happened so far.

2 hours ago, Gosia said:

I think the difference is that Missa applied as an 'exchange' student, and you applied for a degree program?

Nope, I have applied for the same course.. Chinese language for one academic year so both of us are 'general scholars/exchange students'.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, CaroCard said:

I'm worried because in case I win the scholarship the tickets from my country are quite pricey, and also I would need to get an US or Canada visa, which takes time and can be annoying

Same situation here, where are you from? 

• Like 1

Those of you that applied to SJTU, I got an email today about reserving my dorm. There’s a list of student names with their student ID. I’m not going to post it for security reasons and because I’m not a jerk. But if you applied to SJTU, PM me on here with your full name And I’ll tell you if you’re on the list or not.

4 hours ago, MissA said:

There’s a list of student names with their student ID. I’m not going to post it for security reasons and because I’m not a jerk.

I received the same email too and my name is on the list as well as yours. Does that mean what I think it means? ?

The list has not been published on the SJTU website so it's not for the public domain yet.

2 hours ago, MissA said:

I realized my list may be for students doing the mandarin program in the Xuhui campus for SJTU

I think it could be the list of all CSC scholarship winners at SJTU. All scholarship winners lists that I have seen at various universities in China have never exceeded 100 people. 

• Like 2

On 6/29/2019 at 12:19 PM, Gosia said:

international CSC students are assigned a dorm automatically

On 6/30/2019 at 6:29 AM, jz said:

you are guaranteed a room on campus in the international student dormitories if you are a CGS recipient. 

SJTU requires dorm registration first before you are assigned anything. If you miss those registration dates then there are no guarantees for any dorm rooms. Maybe this automatic assignment varies from university to university.

1 hour ago, 芒果乾 said:
On 6/29/2019 at 1:19 PM, Gosia said:

international CSC students are assigned a dorm automatically

On 6/30/2019 at 7:29 AM, jz said:

you are guaranteed a room on campus in the international student dormitories if you are a CGS recipient. 

SJTU requires dorm registration first before you are assigned anything. If you miss those registration dates then there are no guarantees for any dorm rooms. Maybe this automatic assignment varies from university to university.

This is about Tsinghua, not SJTU

i'm envious of y'all guys ??? i still haven't heard anything from xiada for one week and a half. truth being said i read in another thread that people who applied for xiada didn't get any news regarding the scholarship until their embassies told them. 

someone in the same situation??? i don't wanna feel and wait alone?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 芒果乾 said:

I received the same email too and my name is on the list as well as yours. Does that mean what I think it means? ?

The list has not been published on the SJTU website so it's not for the public domain yet.

Honestly buddy that means 

1. I will be seeing you and hopefully studying mandarin with you this September! (Yay!!)

2. You should join our STJU WeChat group! (I’ll message you my wechat is)

3. There are people that have been given the scholarship that are not on my list

4. I believe the list we have is a list of people that will be our classmates on the xuhui campus, studying mandarin.

So if anyone applied to SJTU to study mandarin contact me with your name and I will tell you if you’re on my list