Chinese-Forums

2019 CSC Scholarships

lethargica
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

1 hour ago, 芒果乾 said:

One way around this is to use a Hong Kong data SIM from Cuniq (China Unicom) so you can access Google and Facebook products without a VPN but it's more expensive than getting a Mainland Chinese SIM.

Is it more expensive to buy it or to pay the monthly fee?

46 minutes ago, BM said:

so you were recommended by the embassy and admitted by the Uni? And in the end you didn’t get the scholarship? ? so heartbreaking.. i pray that something better comes through for you..

I was recommended by the Embassy but I think no university accepted me. 

47 minutes ago, BM said:

i pray that something better comes through for you

thank you, that means a lot to me, I have had a horrible summer and this just added to it XD 

7 hours ago, Kaido said:

@pan.kasper It's impossible. Doesn't the official website say the result will be released in late July or early August ? Can I see your screenshot ?

Sure, here comes :D It was only few days ago that status changed (for few other people on different forums as well) and yea, i know what you mean that we are supposed to wait until final confirmation until the beginning of August (according to this: iczu.zju.edu.cn). I hope we call all get it at the end, best of luck for you! :)

7 hours ago, wanzima35 said:

it is impossible for applying Type A and B through University!! 

Sorry, i didn't write it clear :D what i meant was, that i sent couple Type B applications through Universities (including Zhejiang University) and also Type A application through embassy. All separately! 

zju.jpg

Hi all,

Here's a question that bothers me

if I applied through embassy, my documents was send to China (know that it was send because my desired university contacted me and confirm that they accepted me) does this mean that I can assume the embassy has recommend me or else why did they send my application package to China?

i called my embassy and the person I change is going to contact me soon so nervous.....

3 hours ago, beth said:

know that it was send because my desired university contacted me and confirm that they accepted me) 

The fact that the school of your choice contacted you means the embassy recommended you. Otherwise how did the school know of your interest to study there considering that your application was sent to the embassy? Unless if it's Type B. 

When you apply through Type A, your application documents are sent to the school of your choice for scrutinisation and come up with a list too that is submitted to the scholarship council. 

7 hours ago, dorine said:

I still didn't get the scholarship

Did you have any pre admission letter?

2 minutes ago, latinscholar said:

Did you have any pre admission letter?

No, however I was given a letter (it was in Chinese) to send it to the university I applied to. it was type B but from my country (Tanzania) the application had to be sent to the embassy.

1 hour ago, dorine said:

No, however I was given a letter (it was in Chinese) to send it to the university I applied to. it was type B but from my country (Tanzania) the application had to be sent to the embassy

Type B, and you sent it to the embassy, i did that mistake too, type B, and i was nominated by my country embassy since then no new from them. 

Just to inform you that we have nominated you to be a recipient of CSC scholarship. We are awaiting CSC's final approval.

thats the email i received at the beginning of July!! Do I stand any chances and at what percentage for guys who have gone through this.

On 7/23/2019 at 6:57 PM, latinscholar said:

Is it more expensive to buy it or to pay the monthly fee?

China Mobile HK and China Unicom HK have prepaid data only SIMs for Mainland China and these are more expensive than getting a Mainland Chinese number/package on a per GB basis.

The current special offer price for a China Unicom data SIM is around 110HK$ for 6GB 30 days SIM. China Mobile HK.. 170HK$ for a 8GB 365 days SIM.

If my embassy confirms I will be in Shanghai then I will be getting a few SIMs when in Hong Kong as I want to access Google as my search engine and not rely on Baidu, Yahoo or VPNs too much.