Chinese-Forums

2019 CSC Scholarships

lethargica
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

• New Members

Hey guys! I finally can confirm that I’m going to Shanghai university with full scholarship ?

Now that i have finished all the application process, i would like to share my experience for next year candidates.

First of all, APPLY TO MORE THAN ONE INSTITUTION. I have applied to China’s  Embassy in Spain and China Mission to EU, and I’ve received 2 scholarship for different universities. The embassy granted me with UIBE, and then Shanghai University with its own scholarship. So please, don’t miss any chance!

Secondly, as i mentioned before, it’s true that you can get more than one scholarship, although you will have to choose just one.

And thirdly, prepare all the papers with time! Remember that the study plan makes the difference. I started last summer (a year ago) taking notes of why i should win the scholarship, which are my strengths, what can i do as student at university, why is it worthy for China to finance my studies, why am i what China needs! As you can imagine, my study plan was about 2-3 pages. Moreover, try to have good recommendation letters: in my case, I included 5 (three from my professors in Spain and two from my exchange programme professors in Beijing).

So guys, start getting ready from now and good luck ?

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1

On 7/27/2019 at 3:54 PM, crisgarari said:

for next year candidates

I agree with your suggerences to next candidates, people will read those forums for years..  apply several unis or scholarship types.. provincial, embassy, university. Try to look for a supervisor in your wished university in advance (important). If you are going to apply for type A, try to look for an pre-admission letter. Prepare your docs with time. Study plan is maybe one of the most important docs, and which takes more, time. Me also took me more than one year and a lot of grammar and English corrections, to make it good enough. Also is not mandatory but if you are a master's applicant can as well as doctoral students attach a research proposal doc (I attached a study plan and research proposal ).  Attach the docs in your application, that you think that might be relevant and can help you to distinguish you from the other hundreds or thousands of applicants. If you have time and money enough, do any English test, TOEFL, or IELTS. This is an first important filter, and is not mandatory but student with them are preferred. The quality of the recomendation letters from your future supervisor in the uni, and your last supervisors, professors or teachers are relevant also. The waiting it is long and full of anxiety, try to join or create if there's not any group of wechat or whatsapp to share the anxiety with others, support each other and get the last news. Pray to God, life or whom you believe and wait the best.You have to be prepared for a rejection or an approval, in case of rejection, life continues and you always can try it again in China or in other countries.

I can also confirm that I got, thanks to God, type B scholarship in china University of geosciences, wuhan. The university that I have dreamt for years study on it.  I am also grateful with this group, and all you guys. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• New Members

Hello everyone!

I found out about a week ago that I have received the CSC scholarship to attend Yunnan University's Chinese language program this year. If anyone's going to YNU or will be in Kunming, let me know!

I just received my documents from the embassy, and they mentioned the Physical Examination form. Is it ok to bring a long the same one I sent with my application for the CSC scholarship, or do I have to do a whole other one? I believe it's ok as long as it's within 6 months but just wanted to verify.

Good luck to everyone!!

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, kerisch said:

Physical Examination form. Is it ok to bring a long the same one I sent with my application for the CSC scholarship, or do I have to do a whole other one?

You must do a fresh one. The results are only valid for 3 months. 

Finally I received an email from the UK Chinese embassy yesterday to confirm that I got the scholarship this year ?

Applied via the embassy (type A) to study Chinese language at SJTU and SJTU was my first choice. I did not get a recommendation letter.

For the study plan/personal statement, it was written in Chinese, given that I am at an immediate plus level in Chinese. I did not write it in English even though English is my strongest language.

I am going to say that the study plan is the most important document.. even more important than the recommendation letter. In my study plan, I stated my background, what I done in the past regarding learning Chinese, how it all linked to wanting to study Chinese language in Shanghai and what I can bring to the table as a student in China. I ended the study plan with my plans after studying in China. My study plan was proofread by a friend in China, just in case I made any silly grammatical mistakes.

For those that do not get the scholarship, please try again next year. Last year I applied for the Confucius Scholarship and was rejected by Hanban at Stage 4 for being too old even though I met the age requirements, this was after SJTU approved my application at Stage 3. That was a massive slap in the face!

I would like to thank all contributors on Chinese Forums for the valuable information provided over the years and I will still be around to contribute on here when in China.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Luscious said:

The results are only valid for 3 months. 

It's 6 months lol.

6 hours ago, kerisch said:

Is it ok to bring a long the same one I sent with my application for the CSC scholarship, or do I have to do a whole other one?

Bring the form and your test results like chest x-rays from the medical for reference. If you took your medical from mid March 2019 onwards then you do not need to do it again. For some or most of us, we would need to take it again. I had mine done in Feb.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 芒果乾 said:

It's 6 months lol.

I guess the Chinese have different conditions for each region because in my country and I am certain that's the case with the rest of Africa, its three months. That is why we do another health check for Visa application. And when you get to China, you do another one for permit now. 

• New Members
15 hours ago, 芒果乾 said:

It's 6 months

For anyone from the U.S.: how did you get around having your insurance pay for two physical exams in one year? I got my first physical done in January of this year, and by the time I register (side note: it is still unclear to me if we are presenting the physical exam to the school or to the local police station in China) in September, the original physical would have "expired". 

Also:

• Does anyone know how much it costs to get this physical done in China? 
  • Do the dates of HIV test, blood type test, and lung x-ray also have to be done within six months of whenever we register in China? 

Thanks.

• Good question! 1

16 hours ago, Luscious said:

I guess the Chinese have different conditions for each region because in my country and I am certain that's the case with the rest of Africa, its three months. That is why we do another health check for Visa application. And when you get to China, you do another one for permit now. 

Wow, I didn't know that. Guess they are more strict with African countries as you pointed out. I do not need the physical test for the X1 visa, only for the temporary resident permit if my physical is over six months old.

5 hours ago, JL said:

Also:

• Do the dates of HIV test, blood type test, and lung x-ray also have to be done within six months of whenever we register in China? 

Approx 600RMB, it includes all tests.

By the time you register in China, your Jan physical would have expired for sure. So you would need another one and the blood tests, etc for the application of the temporary residence permit at the local PSB. Just be aware that everybody has 30 days from date of entry to apply for the permit. 

If you are talking about getting the blood tests etc done now to bring to China, I think that is possible. 

16 hours ago, JL said:

Also:

Thanks.

In Chongqing it was around 400 RMB, compulsory test, we went with the whole school. And it's usually done within the first month your in China. I also done it privately in China once and it only costed around 150RMB 

• New Members

Hello, I’m wondering did anyone receive information about the EU Window Scholarship? I’m waiting on the results. Also what is the weechat QR code again so I can join the group. The last QR code expired, thanks

• New Members

Thanks for the replies all. New question:

Does anyone know how we will receive the funds for the living allowance? Will the funds be deposited into any bank account of our choice (e.g. our own bank accounts from our home countries), or does the university set up  a bank account to deposit the funds of our living allowance, or are we required to set up Chinese bank accounts on our own, in which the university will deposit the living allowance ,or something else? Thanks.