Chinese-Forums

2019 CSC Scholarships

lethargica
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

1 hour ago, Sandy Tirta said:

where and when do you know the results? How i can get the information about the results?

Im sorry, I dont know how you can get info about the results. 

2 days ago I received an email from the Foreign Office informing the results, so if you applied type A I can just advise you to wait until your Embassy lets you know. In their uni website there is no info about results either

• New Members

Hi guys,

Does anyone know about registering with your university once arriving in China. My admission letter says that I need to register early September with my university with some documents:

1) visa form

2) admission letter from University 

3) Foreigner Physical Examination form

I just wanted to ask, I've been told I can do the Foreign health Examination in China once I arrive, however if I do it in China I doubt I will receive it in time for registration, has anyone who has registered at at uni in previous years know if this is needed for the initial registration or can I show them this later when I apply for my residence visa? 

I know it may vary between different unis but if anyone has any previous knowledge on this it would be greatly appreciated.

On 8/4/2019 at 2:08 AM, Dddddmmm said:

Hi guys,

Does anyone know about registering with your university once arriving in China. My admission letter says that I need to register early September with my university with some documents:

1) visa form

2) admission letter from University 

I just wanted to ask, I've been told I can do the Foreign health Examination in China once I arrive, however if I do it in China I doubt I will receive it in time for registration, has anyone who has registered at at uni in previous years know if this is needed for the initial registration or can I show them this later when I apply for my residence visa? 

I know it may vary between different unis but if anyone has any previous knowledge on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

It is actually only needed when you apply for resident permit. Not when you register at university

• New Members

On 8/4/2019 at 7:08 AM, Dddddmmm said:

For registration, same from CSC application. For residence permit you must make the examinations after getting into China (you have one month to apply for residence permit and I recommend you to do ASAP)

Foreigner Physical Examination Form

Download the form from http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://www.campuschina.org. The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form.

*The form is considered valid only when meeting all the requirements as follows:

written in English, with information completed, the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital, and a sealed photograph of the applicant.  

*Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule, as the result is valid for only 6 months.

question: does anyone know if there are repercussions to not completing the term of a Chinese Government Scholarship?

For example, what if I end up having to return home due to family issues without completing my degree? Would I be asked to pay back the scholarship money or anything like this?

I hope this doesn't happen and I don't think it will, but curious to see if anyone knows about or has experience with that

49 minutes ago, yaycat said:

curious to see if anyone knows about or has experience with that

when I was there my roomie had left one month til graduation from her BA. She said she was tired of China and one day she told me she was going home, never heard about any repercussions on her, and I think one of her friends even picked up the allowance from the last month and sent it to her ? 

From what I heard from other people, there are no repercussions, as long as you just leave without warning the school you want to drop out ?

But also, they said if you do this sort of things you will never be granted any scholarship to study in China and maybe you can be denied a new visa to come back, this last Idk tho

• Thanks 1

Dear friends,

I am a CSC Master student in tsinghua. Registration dates are 19 and 20th of august, but accommodation document says that rooms are available from 16 august. Does it mean that we can go from that time? Or do we have to wait until registration days?

Thanks

38 minutes ago, Mixx said:

Please did anyone else apply to Inner Mongolia University? I still haven't heard from them. There also haven't been any list published on the school's website. Any information would be appreciated

I applied to Inner Mongolia University. I received an email from an administrator in the international office (I think) in May. The email indicated that the school was going to accept me and the contact person also offered their WeChat for convenient communication.

Then nothing happened until July, when my consulate (embassy) contacted me to say thay they received my admission letter.

I am not sure of a list of accepted students or if all acceptances have been sent out. If I find out more I'll let you know ?

45 minutes ago, Mixx said:

Please did anyone else apply to Inner Mongolia University? I still haven't heard from them. There also haven't been any list published on the school's website. Any information would be appreciated

Also, I applied via Category A through my consulate (embassy) for a bachelor's program.

• New Members

Hello All,

Please help me, especially those who have experience of chinese embassy in Nigeria. I was awarded csc scholarship for PhD study in SCUT my admission package just arrived. I wanted to know about application material required at the chinese embassy in Nigeria.

1. Do i submit my last academic certificate M Sc only or with B.Sc ?

2. Do i also add transcripts to my submission?

3. Do i notarize the documents by a lawyer and also get foreign affairs ministry attestation?

Because time is no longer on available as deadline for resumption is close. Thanks you.