Chinese-Forums

2019 CSC Scholarships

lethargica
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

can someone please verify this for me, if i am still working, what date should i put there eg from 2015/01/01 to ....... since i am still working should i leave that place blank?

also someone told me that posting documents to china will require writing the  recieving address on theenvelope  in chinese as well as english otherwise it may be returned. how true is that.

please assist.

thank you

@Steph1997

Question 1.

Its your choice on your preferred language of use.

It doesnt matter.

Question 2.

For any information about tsingua uni i suggest u should visit the university website. Thats where they update their admission procedure.

When it comes to csc scholarship sometimes g.p.a matters sometimes it doesnt.

My advice is that u should just apply to any university u like and keep your fingers crossed.

@NARK since you are working just fill in the date you started working and choose any date you intend to end it or just choose any date it doesnt matter.

When posting document u dont need to write your address. Just write the address of where is are posting the document.

Since your main address is already in your document

Hi all, thanks for all the helpful info.

I was looking at: The CSC website's link to download the foreigner health exam form, and the link doesn't work. Does anyone know another website to download it at? Also, I'm applying Type A, and I'm still in my home country, so I can't do this at a Chinese hospital. We still have to submit the form for the physical examination conducted in our home country right? Thanks!

Hello, I have a question.

So,  the university I'd like to apply to requires me to take an entrance exam. However, if I'm not mistaken, in the entrance exam, I will be tested in Maths, Chinese and English. But I'd like to take a one year preparatory program first because I don't know Chinese at all. At universities that don't require an entrance exam it's not a problem but I wonder how things work at universities that do require it. Is it possible for me to apply to the university (and the scholarship) anyway and take the exam after my preparatory year? But what if I fail the exam? Then I won't be admitted to any university.

I'd be really glad if someone would enlighten me on this.

Thank you.

Hi, filling the CSC form I encountered a new problem.

For Type A we have to choose the Discipline and Major we are applying for indicating 3 preferences about university. Now, the problem is that the program I'd like to apply falls under two different departments in those universities.

So, my question is: Can I change the major after receiving the scholarship? 

Thank you

• New Members

Hi everyone, I would like to know if the employment certificate is necessary. The website of the university stated this "Those who are employed after graduation are required to provide certification of their employment status (provided by their employer)". What if I have resigned from my company, is it necessary to provide too?

@woshilara yea. I heard some school conduct interview.

Most via skype 

I dont know the details. But trust me if u dont know chinese they wont ask you chinese questions. Just do your best.

Definitely they would offer you one year preparatory. So dont be afraid

In china now. It is mandatory that you must learn chinese and pass hsk 3 before graduation. This is a new policy but dont be afraid you would all be taught to prepare you.

• Thanks 1

Good day to all,

I have applied to CGS through my embassy (Spain) for a masters degree in communication taught in chinese. The schools I have selected require HSK5 or HSK6.

At the moment, I have HSK4, so I dont meet the requirements.

If I apply through the embassy, will they know that I need language preparatory courses before pursuing my masters?

Does the fact that I dont meet the language requirements automatically exclude me from getting the scholarship?

Thank you for your time

Best regards