Chinese-Forums

2019 CSC Scholarships

lethargica
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

• New Members

@philippo 

Thank you so much for your information. Besides, I would like to know if I am allowed to provide supporting documents which are more than 20 pages. Because I need to attach the journal that I published which will be around 12 pages. Do I need to attach the X-Ray report and ECG report for my health examination? It will definitely more than 20 pages if I include everything.

@xbyren whether you have hsk 5 or 6 or 4.

You are still required to study chinese for one year in china. Whether your program is chinese taught or english taught. Thats the new policy. 

Unless you are applying for confuscious institute scholarship.

But as far as its csc you would learn chinese unless the embassy rejects you

• Helpful 2

@ll91 you should take the chinese foreign examination form to a hospital. Take the test, keep the result. The doctor fill in the examination form,stamps and signs it wit your passport photogragh. Thats the only form you should upload for your medicals.

Concering the journal you published  you can try.

If its exceed the capacity.

Just upload fewer copies. Note that supporting document aint mandatory. You can decide to skip it.

• Helpful 1

@philippo Is there more information somewhere about the new policy requiring a year of Chinese before studying? I've been encouraged to apply for this for next year through an English-language program and they didn't mention CSC would mean delaying the start date for a year. 

1 hour ago, philippo said:

You are still required to study chinese for one year in china

Cheers man. It's been the most helpful answer. I've contacted universities and the embassy.

Universities said that, if applying through embassy, I must meet the requirements. It seems it's different from embassy, but in the end it all depends on CSC if we the the scholarship or not

@Grady M i undastand you.

I used to think i dont need to learn the language so i applied for english taught program. But i was given chinese language classes also. Later i discovered it was very neccessary to help you communicate since it is a non english speaking country so u would need it. Even when i am done with my chinese classes and starts my major.

I still visit chinese language classes for fun.

Trust me when i said its not a problem to learn chinese even when its english taught.

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 12:15 PM, Steph1997 said:

1) as I have good command of Chinese, is it better to write research plan in Chinese or English? 

It depends on the language used to teach the course you want to apply for. If taught in Chinese, then write in Chinese as you are at a high level. I have HSK4 but writing my study plan in Chinese as I am applying for a non degree Chinese language course this year.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, xbyren said:

You just have to attach the document, not the results of the tests. You shouldn't do that x-ray test without having to do so. And this is not the case. Radiation can be dangerous

I would fill everything in with test results attached. A chest x-ray checks for TB.. I got it done yesterday at a public hospital even though I do not like getting zapped by radiation. The last thing you want is for your application to be rejected because you did not complete the form fully and with evidence.

@filimdude88 You guys in the USA pay too much for medical stuff. Private chest x-rays in London cost around £40. Free at NHS public hospitals..

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 芒果乾 said:

@filimdude88 You guys in the USA pay too much for medical stuff. Private chest x-rays in London cost around £40. Free at NHS public hospitals..

Word. I'm also from the US and wondering if I can get away with sending old chest x-rays...the images don't have the date on them, but they have my age, which is only one year younger than I am now. However, if I remember correctly, all medical information needs to be within 6 months.

I don't want to get rejected for a scholarship based on this but also...it's a few hundred dollars, which isn't a ton of money, but it's not pocket change either. ;_;

• New Members

Hi!

I want to apply this year scholarship, one of the university ive chosen apply to is sun yat sen university, but there is no contact with them. Ive send them emails two weeks ago, do you think they have "chinese new year" period earlier or its just their policy to not reply?

5 hours ago, husel said:

I have submitted the application and downloaded the form generated by the system. I realize that there is no place for my signature while the signature of applicant is a must.

do u mean the CSC form? Just sign it on the last page, it should be fine then

11 hours ago, yaycat said:

wondering if I can get away with sending old chest x-rays

In my country, the CGS announcement clearly says that you do not have to attach those tests, just the form. Anyway, they are gonna make you go through the tests again if u go to china

• Like 1

20 hours ago, philippo said:

@xbyren whether you have hsk 5 or 6 or 4.

You are still required to study chinese for one year in china. Whether your program is chinese taught or english taught. Thats the new policy. 

Unless you are applying for confuscious institute scholarship.

But as far as its csc you would learn chinese unless the embassy rejects you

I am not sure how true this is? Where did you get this information?

If you are talking about 'Introductory chinese courses (reading & writing, speaking, china today and elementary mandarin) then those have been around for a while and yes everyone has to take them but those are very basic classes that no one (hardly) fails. Studying chinese for one year (full-time) would imply preparing for the HSK 4, I am not sure thats what you're referring to.

@mkmyers45 i asked my teacher about it.

She said that the new chinese policy as of last year is that b4 you graduate from china. You must write hsk 3 exam and pass. It also applied to a friend of mine that already have hsk 5 b4 coming to china.

Anyways i might be wrong but i am speaking as i was told in my school

• Like 1

@philippo You are totally right and I definitely agree. I've studied Chinese for a number of years and to be honest would love a free year of study. I just was wondering because I haven't this mandatory year of Chinese study for English programs anywhere and it feels pretty important with the extra year added to a masters program. 

Also thanks for all of your wonderful help on this forum :)