Chinese-Forums

Confucius scholarship 2019- Language and Literature

Li Na

大家好,

I want to apply for the Confucius scholarship for the spring semester 2019 (for 5 months because one year is not available in spring).

I initially wanted to take the Chinese Language Study program but it's not available for the one semester program.

I was thinking about taking the Chinese Language and Literature program instead but I don't know if it's a good program to learn Chinese. My goal is to really improve my Chinese so I want to be sure that I'm not only going to study ancient literature.

Did someone take the Chinese Language and Litterature before and could tell me how is it different from the Chinese Language program? Is it a good idea to apply for this program to improve my Chinese (spoken and written)?

It's only for 5 months so I suppose the program is different than if it was a 4 years long program.

Thank you for answering me.

I graduated last year but Chinese is not my major. I live in Belgium.

I want to apply for the one semester scholarship starting in March 2019.

I want to chose Chinese language and literature because Chinese study language is not available on the CIS website for the one semester program. 

Does the choice we make on the CIS website really determine the program we are going to do at our host university?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/16/2018 at 4:50 AM, Li Na said:

someone take the Chinese Language and Litterature before and could tell me how is it different from the Chinese Language program? Is it a good idea to apply for this program to improve my Chinese (spoken and writte

Sorry I have not seen your reply. 

[I was thinking about taking the Chinese Language and Literature program instead but I don't know if it's a good program to learn Chinese. My goal is to really improve my Chinese so I want to be sure that I'm not only going to study ancient literature.

Did someone take the Chinese Language and Litterature before and could tell me how is it different from the Chinese Language program? Is it a good idea to apply for this program to improve my Chinese (spoken and written)?]

Based on what I know, Chinese Language and Literature program is more professional than Chinese language program. The former one contains study in ancient literature, modern literature, etc., as you said. It requires students to have an advanced level of Chinese language. If you only want to improve your Chinese, spoken and written, I think Chinese language program is more suitable for you.

Just my opinion.

• Helpful 1