Chinese-Forums

Helping hand with Wechat??

5h4d3

• New Members

Hey group!!

i use wechat for the last month and just a few days ago i got my account blocked for suspicious login and i don't want to loose it  cuz i meet some interesting people using it :( .

i tried to unblock my account, but it says that i need an user with no less than 6 months using the app:

rqd3qbtkfin11.jpg

i tried with a lot of friends but they don't apply as they get a Verification Failed message, anyone can help me?  i alreade send 2-3 messages to Wechat support with no answer :(

thanks!

OK, that sets the region of your contact. But it should match your region. In my own experience, Wechat does not use your actual location, or where your SIM was issued as your Region. On Android phones it uses the Region to which your phone is set, somewhere in Settings.

Of course there could be other reasons you are having a problem, but this is one reasonable possibility.

• 3 months later...

WeChat newbie here.

I've now been blocked like this on 2 different accounts since December... what's this "Abnormal activity" they're talking about?

My first account was linked to a Singapore mobile number, and I contacted a friend also using a SG number to get me unblocked, but he followed the instructions and the option to unblock my account wasn't even there.

My second account was linked to a UK mobile, and I don't know anyone using it in the UK to help me get it unfrozen.  Is there another way?

EDIT: OK I just stumbled across the WeChat Help Centre web page and requested unblocking there.  Let's see. 

I'm in the middle of negotiating a job in PRC at the moment and suddenly having WeChat accounts go dead with no warning is a real PITA.

Thanks!

IMG_1689.thumb.PNG.a742eb2afb81e77f1f751e6ee0b9deb5.PNGIMG_1690.thumb.PNG.dd4025e93f78f975e27c09e08961128d.PNG

OK it's 48 hours later and I am now able to log in to my account again.

I received no notification that the account had been unblocked... I just tried it and it worked. 

Still no idea what the "abnormal activity" might have been.  Weird that it happened on two separate accounts. 

I've added "login via voiceprint" on the account to see if that convince them that the account is more secure.

Yes, same phone. I created the first account in Singapore, using a Singapore SIM, and used it once or maybe twice in December.

When it got blocked I was in the UK, so I asked  friend in SG to unblock it but he couldn't see the option in the app to unblock me, so I created the second account.

Do they maybe count hardly using the account as "abnormal activity"?

10 hours ago, mungouk said:

I created the second account here in the UK, using a UK SIM card, and only ever used it to make one call to the PRC before it was blocked.

Yeah, but the IMEI is the same and to use WeChat you have to give it permission to access your phone number, IMEI, and IMSI so yes it can track your device even if you switch out your SIM card.

On 1/22/2019 at 5:47 PM, mungouk said:

My first account was linked to a Singapore mobile number, and I contacted a friend also using a SG number to get me unblocked, but he followed the instructions and the option to unblock my account wasn't even there.

Are you and your friend in each other's WeChat contact list? In other words, are you WeChat friends? If not, he or she can't help you.

I'm going to guess the problem was first registering with a Singapore SIM on that phone, then registering anew with a UK SIM. That may have seemed suspicious. As said, Wechat keeps track of your physical phone through the IMEI.

I also had a seemingly insurmountable problem with Wechat, then waited several months and it went through like hot cakes.

Mungouk - Wechat is essential for communication and a good tool for practice too.  I call my language partners in China using it (free when on Wifi).  It's also good for practicing reading, writing, and listening (via voice messages).  I've never had my use blocked, regardless of whether I've used it in the US, Europe or China.  

I'm in multiple groups from China and reading their messages is also good practice.  

Once you get it working reliably, I think you'll like Wechat.  

3 hours ago, 889 said:

I'm going to guess the problem was first registering with a Singapore SIM on that phone, then registering anew with a UK SIM. That may have seemed suspicious. As said, Wechat keeps track of your physical phone through the IMEI.

This is what I suspect. 

Interestingly, now you can have dual WeChat on the same samsung phone if you have dual sim.