Chinese-Forums

On thread moderation...

XiaoXi

12 hours ago, XiaoXi said:

So my original comment that it's a big no no to close a thread just to get the last word and win an argument still stands.

Yes, and we agree with it, (backed by over a decade of evidence for anyone who wants to hunt through the archives).  We close threads when they degenerate in to pointless bickering, or back and forth arguments not really relevant to China/learning Chinese, or when something has been discussed to death and new posts are simply rehashing previous points over and over, etc. (the above is not an exhaustive list, just an example of problem behaviour).

12 hours ago, XiaoXi said:

One of the mods should certainly lock this thread with a response of "tisn't".

Feel free to have the final word yourself then (after this post).  I'm not going to lock the thread, but I don't think many other people will be coming in to comment.

• Helpful 1

12 hours ago, imron said:

Feel free to have the final word yourself then (after this post).  I'm not going to lock the thread, but I don't think many other people will be coming in to comment.

That's much less funny than my idea.

Anyway since we agree on that point there's not much point in having the last word anyway.