Chinese-Forums

Mandarin Companion books in China?

SunnySideUp

Hello all,

I'm currently in Kunming and have been to five bookstores so far, but haven't been able to find anything from Mandarin Companion. No one had even heard of these books, although they do sell other graded readers like Chinese Breeze and Rainbow Bridge. I'll be traveling around a bit and will also go to Beijing later, so any pointers where to possibly find them would be very much appreciated. I'd prefer to buy them in a store and wouldn't want to order online while in China.

Thanks so much!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Rufus,  thanks so much for your reply (which I've just seen by chance, so apologies for my late response now)...

I'm no longer in China and can now just order via your regular channels like Amazon anyway, but really appreciate your response for future visits to China. I just prefer browsing at an actual bookstore over simply ordering online and was surprised the bookshop employees hadn't even heard of Mandarin Companion... even though they had a bunch of other graded readers. Well for what it's worth I did ask several of them to check their databases just to be sure, so who knows maybe they'll stock some of yours in future :)

Thanks again for your response, really helpful - I had no idea it would be so difficult to find a publisher in the field of education! Looking forward to more of your books :) 

• Like 2