Chinese-Forums

Documents authetication for work permit

Pirzado

• New Members

Hello,

I have got an offer for postdoc in china. They asked some documents for work permit. 

1. PhD diploma autheticated by chinese embassy in France (where I did my PhD). This requires that diploma should be authenticated by minister of foreign affairs in France. Then it will be authenticated by chinese embassy in France. Now the issue is I live in Pakistan and dont have any friend in Paris to do that for me. Foreign affiars minister office told me that they can attest my diploma by courrier ( i have to send original diploma with fees and self addressed envelope) but they cant send the courier to chinese embassy. They can only send back to sender (me). 

Can anyone help if s/he has experienced similar situation?

Can authorized translation of my french degree in English work after being authenticated by chinese embassy in Pakistan?

Or notary public office authentication followed by chinese embassy in Pakistan?

2. Contract with details of job, salary, hours, duration etc. I have not received any contract yet. It is to be given by the university (employer) before work permit? 

3. What salary is good enough in suzhou for postdoc?

Thanks in advance and Kind Regards,

Pirzado

I just went through this expensive, time consuming and anxiety producing process. I am American  and did not want to return to the states to do my document authentication. I used an agent, who did it all for me. All I had to do was have my ex-husband mail my diplomas to their office in Washington DC. I just received all my documents and diplomas in the last two weeks here in China. They were sent by courier to the agents Hong Kong office and then sent to me via EMS/China post. It cost me close to 1500 US dollars, and took from start to finish 6 months! I have sent him a message to see if his agency can help you as they do authentication for Visa, etc around the world, which is why it was so expensive. The agent that I worked with was Mr. Harris and he was great in answering my questions and getting it all done! The name of the agency is: International Notarization  Company.  The rest of their information: 

Mr. Harris

INC Notarization Co.

W: www.internationalnotarization.com

E:customer@internationalnotarization.com

T: 1.844.866.4622

Good Luck and be prepared for this to cost a lot of money and be time consuming! Have they asked for a criminal records check? As that is usually needed for a Z visa! I cannot answer the rest of your questions but to get a letter of invitation for a Z visa to be issued,  you do need a signed/chopped contract. As for salary, think about the cost of living in the city, and how you chose to spend your money (needs vs wants), then you can determine what is enough to get you to come and live and work in China. I hope this helps! It was a lot easier to come to China on a Z visa a few years ago but they have since changed the process in keeping with much of the rest of the world.

These prices y'all are naming seem ridiculously high to me.

I sent documents to an agent who stood in line and did all the required steps at the consulate in Chicago last time, and their fees totaled no more than $250, and that was with the super speed mailing and processing option. Regular speed would've been like, half of that.

If they can't mail it directly, can you have the Foreign Affairs Office instead mail it to a local agent, or have an agent you hire in France (google is your friend here) pick it up in person who would then go on your behalf to the Chinese embassy?

Very curious about your story, Baby Charlie. $1500 and 6 months??! Was 3 months of that waiting on FBI check, and other 2.5 months the agent hoodwinking you?

No, it was a series of crap! Needing my ex to mail my diplomas. I did not do a FBI check as no one in Harbin, would do the fingerprints. I ordered a local state background check that cost 178.00. I do think the agency I used fees were very high and I would not use them again. My coworker used an agency in New Jersey, but they never answered my email! I have not lived in the states for 20 years and I really have no idea how to get stuff done in a country I choose to not live in!  So, I have to rely on google!

• 1 year later...

If you have received your university degree from country A but live and work in country B it can be time-consuming and costly to travel back home or rely on unexperienced friends.

In this case you can authenticate the diploma via the Chinese Ministry of Education in Beijing. The process only requires a colour scan of the degree and not the original paper document. 

Certainly the more convenient option for applicants who already live abroad.