Chinese-Forums

I need a little help

BaronVonDarin

@BaronVonDarin, I won't comment on whether or not you should pursue romance with this particular woman, but I will comment on this:

On 10/7/2018 at 2:06 PM, BaronVonDarin said:

My job is too dangerous for a family or romance. 

I understand why you feel this way, but consider: most people in the military, the police, the fire brigade, and also most mountaineers and astronauts get married and start families. Because this is what most normal people want.* And their workplaces take this into account, for example with time off for weddings and births, support groups for spouses, insurance for families, et cetera. This is normal, and I think you should not have qualms about pursuing romance if you wish to do so just because of your job.

* Not saying that not wanting a family is wrong or abnormal, I just mean that as a society, we should assume that most people want to start a family and that that is the norm. Beyond that, every individual should be free to choose for themselves whether they in particular wish to do so (and society should make space for these people as well).