Chinese-forums.com
Learn Chinese in China

• Why you should look around

Since 2003, Chinese-forums.com has been helping people learn Chinese faster and get to China sooner. Our members can recommend beginner textbooks, help you out with obscure classical vocabulary, and tell you where to get the best street food in Xi'an. And we're friendly about it too. 

Have a look at what's going on, or search for something specific. We hope you'll join us. 
DarkestLight

How long does it take to for the JW202 form to be issued?

DarkestLight

Sorry if there is already a forum post like this..

I received my acceptance notice on the 30th of September and there was the golden week (national holiday). Does nobody in China work in golden week or is there still someone who would and my visa form procedure was still going on in the last week and was not delayed? Also how long does it take to generally issue the JW202 form? 

I have to be in China in November because I  have to register and my classes will start, too.

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

DavyJonesLocker

Jw202 is government issued so I highly doubt anyone would have worked that week. 

It took me about 7to 10days max as far as I can remember in Beijing

DarkestLight
On 10/8/2018 at 2:05 PM, DavyJonesLocker said:

Jw202 is government issued so I highly doubt anyone would have worked that week. 

It took me about 7to 10days max as far as I can remember in Beijing

I'll be going to Qingdao. How long do you think it will take for mine to be issued?

Is the issuance time different for different cities?

DavyJonesLocker
1 hour ago, DarkestLight said:

I'll be going to Qingdao. How long do you think it will take for mine to be issued?

Is the issuance time different for different cities?

Really can't say sorry, but from a few posts on this forum I don't think it takes a long time. Many places suggest 30 days but that is just giving them leeway, i.e. sitting in the office drawer for two weeks before anyone actually does anything (it is China!)

I daresay the biggest issue you need to prevent is that you fill out the form incorrectly and have it returned. Usually procedures in China work like this

You fill out the form

Someone takes it to a Ministry or Entry Exit Bureau (forgotten which) to get it processed

they say, Part a is incorrect and hand it back to you

You redo the form and resubmitted it.

The same office will then say Part B is incorrect or you are missing a document.

You are left thinking, when didn't you just say all that in the first place rather than all the to'ing and fro'ing!! Happens with Visa,'s opening bank accounts, getting  drivers license. It's Chinese efficiency at its finest! I renewed my work Visa in June and it was handed back because the photos weren't the correct size. They were! The lady in my office just didn't cut off the white margins evenly.  quick snip with a scissors and queue again for an hour

I can't answer your question and maybe others will pop in who have recently done it but all I would add is that you ensure with your school you have done your side and confirm they have everything they need. 

DarkestLight
1 hour ago, DavyJonesLocker said:

Really can't say sorry, but from a few posts on this forum I don't think it takes a long time. Many places suggest 30 days but that is just giving them leeway, i.e. sitting in the office drawer for two weeks before anyone actually does anything (it is China!)

I daresay the biggest issue you need to prevent is that you fill out the form incorrectly and have it returned. Usually procedures in China work like this

You fill out the form

Someone takes it to a Ministry or Entry Exit Bureau (forgotten which) to get it processed

they say, Part a is incorrect and hand it back to you

You redo the form and resubmitted it.

The same office will then say Part B is incorrect or you are missing a document.

You are left thinking, when didn't you just say all that in the first place rather than all the to'ing and fro'ing!! Happens with Visa,'s opening bank accounts, getting  drivers license. It's Chinese efficiency at its finest! I renewed my work Visa in June and it was handed back because the photos weren't the correct size. They were! The lady in my office just didn't cut off the white margins evenly.  quick snip with a scissors and queue again for an hour

I can't answer your question and maybe others will pop in who have recently done it but all I would add is that you ensure with your school you have done your side and confirm they have everything they need. 

Thank you so much. This was very helpful information. :)