Chinese-Forums

How long does it take to for the JW202 form to be issued?

DarkestLight

Sorry if there is already a forum post like this..

I received my acceptance notice on the 30th of September and there was the golden week (national holiday). Does nobody in China work in golden week or is there still someone who would and my visa form procedure was still going on in the last week and was not delayed? Also how long does it take to generally issue the JW202 form? 

I have to be in China in November because I  have to register and my classes will start, too.

On 10/8/2018 at 2:05 PM, DavyJonesLocker said:

Jw202 is government issued so I highly doubt anyone would have worked that week. 

It took me about 7to 10days max as far as I can remember in Beijing

I'll be going to Qingdao. How long do you think it will take for mine to be issued?

Is the issuance time different for different cities?

1 hour ago, DarkestLight said:

I'll be going to Qingdao. How long do you think it will take for mine to be issued?

Is the issuance time different for different cities?

Really can't say sorry, but from a few posts on this forum I don't think it takes a long time. Many places suggest 30 days but that is just giving them leeway, i.e. sitting in the office drawer for two weeks before anyone actually does anything (it is China!)

I daresay the biggest issue you need to prevent is that you fill out the form incorrectly and have it returned. Usually procedures in China work like this

You fill out the form

Someone takes it to a Ministry or Entry Exit Bureau (forgotten which) to get it processed

they say, Part a is incorrect and hand it back to you

You redo the form and resubmitted it.

The same office will then say Part B is incorrect or you are missing a document.

You are left thinking, when didn't you just say all that in the first place rather than all the to'ing and fro'ing!! Happens with Visa,'s opening bank accounts, getting  drivers license. It's Chinese efficiency at its finest! I renewed my work Visa in June and it was handed back because the photos weren't the correct size. They were! The lady in my office just didn't cut off the white margins evenly.  quick snip with a scissors and queue again for an hour

I can't answer your question and maybe others will pop in who have recently done it but all I would add is that you ensure with your school you have done your side and confirm they have everything they need. 

1 hour ago, DavyJonesLocker said:

Really can't say sorry, but from a few posts on this forum I don't think it takes a long time. Many places suggest 30 days but that is just giving them leeway, i.e. sitting in the office drawer for two weeks before anyone actually does anything (it is China!)

I daresay the biggest issue you need to prevent is that you fill out the form incorrectly and have it returned. Usually procedures in China work like this

You fill out the form

Someone takes it to a Ministry or Entry Exit Bureau (forgotten which) to get it processed

they say, Part a is incorrect and hand it back to you

You redo the form and resubmitted it.

The same office will then say Part B is incorrect or you are missing a document.

You are left thinking, when didn't you just say all that in the first place rather than all the to'ing and fro'ing!! Happens with Visa,'s opening bank accounts, getting  drivers license. It's Chinese efficiency at its finest! I renewed my work Visa in June and it was handed back because the photos weren't the correct size. They were! The lady in my office just didn't cut off the white margins evenly.  quick snip with a scissors and queue again for an hour

I can't answer your question and maybe others will pop in who have recently done it but all I would add is that you ensure with your school you have done your side and confirm they have everything they need. 

Thank you so much. This was very helpful information. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm Tanzanian and I'm still waiting to receive the jw202 back but it's already 3 weeks excluding the while week spent for the national holiday since i received my pre admission notice for WUST in wuhan,i asked my agent when it'll be coming and he said in this week which is still a probability.so how long will I wait to receive the remaining documents 

On 10/25/2018 at 12:19 AM, risenjustice said:

I'm Tanzanian and I'm still waiting to receive the jw202 back but it's already 3 weeks excluding the while week spent for the national holiday since i received my pre admission notice for WUST in wuhan,i asked my agent when it'll be coming and he said in this week which is still a probability.so how long will I wait to receive the remaining documents 

If your for form is going to be issued in this week then it's going to arrive next week along with everything else.

On 10/30/2018 at 10:16 AM, risenjustice said:

No I did use an agency back in my home country

Did you get the form? I asked my agent how much longer will it take for it to be issued on tuesday and she said (I quote), "two weeks maybe".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/23/2019 at 6:14 PM, Maamu said:

Can't i get my jw202 this week before the golden week as said by my agent that they have been sent to the government ,will take long untill wait for more 3weeks or it can be processed within a week?

You'll most likely get it after the golden week. The processing time depends on the people working in the government offices.

On 8/20/2019 at 4:01 AM, Achy said:

Please do I have to fill JW202 myself?

No need. The university will do it for you.

How long getting a JW202 form takes depends completely on the issuing authorities. I have seen it done in a week or a month - depends very much on the process.

You wont have to (or be able to) do anything as your school/university needs to do this for you. You will just get the form at the end. However, you can already start preparing all the other documents for applying for the visa (the new application form is incredibly long....) so once you have the JW202 you can apply straight away.

Be aware that in the last few months some embassies started require additional confirmation that this JW202 was issued for you (there must have been some fake ones) by your issuing school, so make sure you have additional time after applying as getting that can take more time.

• Helpful 1