Chinese-Forums

Manga Mandarin

RaMa09

Hi guys,

Just recently stumbled across an app called Manga Mandarin (available in Google Play/App Store). Basically it provides cartoons/manga stories by HSK level.  By clicking on the text you are able to get translations/pinyin and it also can be read out to you if you'd prefer to practice listening. I am not a huge cartoon/manga fan, so not sure how long I will last with it, but its a nice change from the other options I've been using. Cartoons are presented in series and you can get the first one of the series for free. You are given 60 beans (their currency) which can be spent on 'buying' more cartoons (20 beans per cartoon). I guess this way you can try it and if its not your cup of tea, you don't need to pay for anything.  You can also earn 2 beans per day by just logging in.

For disclosure, I won one of their competitions so can access all lessons. I am not sure if I would have paid for more cartoons had I not been given it for free, but I would have probably occasionally read a free cartoon or two just to change things up. If you are a fan of cartoons/manga etc though, I think this could be of interest to you.