Chinese-Forums

Getting transcripts from University

ajkihn

Hello everyone,

I need your help, I graduated from a Chinese University on June this year, they didn't give my degree until August a few days after I have left the country. I found out they didn't give my final transcript. I wanted to ask you if there is a way to obtain a grade transcript, my friend is trying to help and my university is denying to give it. Or if you know what is the correct path to follow. I need those transcripts to apply for a PhD.

Thanks for your help.

It's likely that they would refuse to give it to your friend, if that's what you're trying to arrange?

But surely they can't withhold it from you.  If you pay postage can't they just mail it to you?

If your friend has to collect it then perhaps you could give them a signed, official-looking letter that says you authorise your friend to collect it on your behalf?

Just had an agency pickup a copy of my diploma that required two passport style photos and this letter giving permission for the agent to pick it up on my behalf (Master's Degree from Renmin University):

委托函            

本人 [your name], 美国籍,护照号码为 [passport number],因遗失了中国人民大学硕士学位证书(证书编号为:[diploma number if available])和中国人 民大学毕业证书,现委托[name of friend],身份证号码 [ID number or Passport number of friend],前来 补办学位证书和毕业证书。望协助为恰                                                                                                              

签名:                                                                                                             

日期:

I highly suggest you get at least 5 copies sealed and stamped for your transcripts and your diploma. Renmin University only gave one original diploma, and stamped additional certificates after the first one. I guarantee you will need these later on for school, work background checks, and visa applications.

Ideally confirm with the school what they require, and make it seem like you will never ever be able to show-up yourself and need someone else (Chinese or foreign friend) for pickup. "I live on a remote island off of Chile, which means a 6-hour boat ride and a 40+ hour flight I can't take because I am raising 6 orphan children" should do the trick.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1