Jump to content
Learn Chinese in China


Getting transcripts from University

Recommended Posts


Hello everyone,


I need your help, I graduated from a Chinese University on June this year, they didn't give my degree until August a few days after I have left the country. I found out they didn't give my final transcript. I wanted to ask you if there is a way to obtain a grade transcript, my friend is trying to help and my university is denying to give it. Or if you know what is the correct path to follow. I need those transcripts to apply for a PhD.


Thanks for your help.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.


It's likely that they would refuse to give it to your friend, if that's what you're trying to arrange?


But surely they can't withhold it from you.  If you pay postage can't they just mail it to you?


If your friend has to collect it then perhaps you could give them a signed, official-looking letter that says you authorise your friend to collect it on your behalf?



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Brian US

Just had an agency pickup a copy of my diploma that required two passport style photos and this letter giving permission for the agent to pick it up on my behalf (Master's Degree from Renmin University):



本人 [your name], 美国籍,护照号码为 [passport number],因遗失了中国人民大学硕士学位证书(证书编号为:[diploma number if available])和中国人 民大学毕业证书,现委托[name of friend],身份证号码 [ID number or Passport number of friend],前来 补办学位证书和毕业证书。望协助为恰                                                                                                              




I highly suggest you get at least 5 copies sealed and stamped for your transcripts and your diploma. Renmin University only gave one original diploma, and stamped additional certificates after the first one. I guarantee you will need these later on for school, work background checks, and visa applications.


Ideally confirm with the school what they require, and make it seem like you will never ever be able to show-up yourself and need someone else (Chinese or foreign friend) for pickup. "I live on a remote island off of Chile, which means a 6-hour boat ride and a 40+ hour flight I can't take because I am raising 6 orphan children" should do the trick.

  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and select your username and password later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Click here to reply. Select text to quote.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...