Chinese-Forums

New android app generates custom Pimsleur style audio lessons

webmagnets

I just published a new Android app that generates Pimsleur-ish audio lessons for any type of knowledge you need to get into your long-term memory. The reason I say they are Pimsleur style is because it repeats the question and answer using a similar SRS formula that Pimsleur lessons use.

I'm using it for Chinese vocabulary. Using the app, I record a series of questions and answers such as "How do you say Android?" ... "an1zhuo2".

Please check it out and let me know what you like and what doesn't work well.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=appinventor.ai_ndcain.audio_lessons

If you can't visit the Google Play Store, please PM me and I'll send you an apk.

Right now you can't import prerecorded sentences. You could hold your phone near another device and record the sound playing on that other device.

The reason I made this is so I can walk and drive while doing SRS without having to look at my phone and tap buttons to score myself.

So, it isn't a shuffle feature, but more like the pimsleur srs formula.

For sentences, the question you record could be something like "What does this sentence mean in English..." and then the answer recording would be the sentence you want to learn. Or you could do it in reverse and record the English sentence as the question and the Chinese sentence as the answer.

• Like 1