Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship 2019

Matheus Salgado
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

• New Members

Hi there, everyone!

I'd like to know if anyone is able to tell me when will the 2019-2020 scholarship conditions be available on the Confucius Institute website. 

I already looked it up and the last year's was available November the 26th. Will it remain the same date tho?

Thanks a lot!

• 1 month later...

Hello @Matheus Salgado

The Confucius Institute Scholarship Guidelines are generally compiled by the Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban) in November End every year.

However, they are posted online for public (on the CIS Website: http://cis.chinese.cn ) in the last week of February or the first week of March.

In the meantime, do go through the guidelines of the previous year (2018) and start preparing your application.

The requirements remain more or less the same every year.

Guidelines for Confucius Institute Scholarship 2018: 

Chinese: http://cis.chinese.cn/Account/Proceduresfor

English: http://cis.chinese.cn/Account/Proceduresfor?lang=en-us

Also, in the meanwhile, refer the links: 

Confucius Institute Scholarship 2018
Confucius Institute Scholarship 2017

for questions asked on the Forum by the applicants in 2018 and 2017. 

Might be helpful!

• New Members

Hello everyone,  I hope someone can help me. 

Is there anyone used to apply for CIS two times for two different types? Can I apply for CIS again after studying one year with CIS? If not, can I apply for other scholarships (such as Chinese Government Scholarship or scholarships of provinces, universities) to study bachelor program after studying with CIS? 

Thank you in advance.

Hi @陈瑶琼

Following is the link to a very similar query.

https://www.chinese-forums.com/forums/topic/51961-confucius-institute-scholarship-can-i-apply-it-again/?tab=comments#comment-399832

I hope the above link answers your query.

Some people have obtained CIS Scholarship more than once for different types of scholarships.

@Matheus Salgado hi, I am also planning to apply for CIS 2019-2020 and I thought this information might be useful for you. Let's be friends!

Yes the requirement for 2019 scholarship application is not yet published in CIS website, however I found it on the other websites.

Donghua University

http://english.dhu.edu.cn/scholarships/cis/listm.htm

East China Normal University

http://lxs.ecnu.edu.cn/EN/msg.php?id=38

Both universities website has been updated for 2019 and here's the update for 1 year study that I intend to apply to:

C. Scholarship for One-Academic-Year Study

Commences September 2019, and provides scholarship for maximum 11 months. International students currently studying in China are not eligible.

i.  TCSOL

Applicants shall have a minimum score of 270 in HSK test (Level 3), while HSKK test score required.

ii. Chinese Language and Literature, Chinese History, and Chinese Philosophy

Applicants shall have a minimum score of 180 in HSK test (Level 4) and 60 in HSKK test (intermediate level).

iii. Chinese Language Study

Applicants shall have a minimum score of 210 in HSK test (Level 3 )

The requirement is higher compared to 2018 T^T

And which university are you interested to apply to? I am thinking of ZHEJIANG University :)

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Hello all,

Anyone here got rejected for one year scholarship 2018 or one semester ( September 2018)? And applied again for our last change in the second semester which will start next March?

i'm in step 4 and i'm hoping this time i can pass and not get disappointed like last time :( I was also in step 4 but they moved me back to step 3 then 1 last time ...so here's a hoping!

Anyone knows when the results will come up?

Thanks 

Hi @Reem279! I have also applied for March intake, I was told by my local Confucius Institute that Hanban would check applications until December 20th, but nothing changed last week.  I'm still in step 4 since some weeks ago. What university have you applied for?

I am sorry that happened to you last time, I didn't know they could accept you and then move you back ?

I'll let you know if I have news!

• Like 1

• New Members

I would like to attend a chinese language academic year program in fall 2019. As of now I am preparing my application but one problem I am faceing is that I am not sure which University to choose yet.

I preferred to attend the language program at "Shanghai Theatre Academy", "Shanghai Music Academy" or "Central Academy of Drama" because I am very interested in drama and music but all these Universities are not supported by the Confucius scholarship. 

Now I am thinking about either the "Minzu University of China" or "Communication University of China", both located in Beijing.

Actually I would like to go to China for the sake of learning some new skills and knowledge but primarely studying the chinese language of course (which might be hard in Shanghai or Beijing).

Which Universities are you guys interested in attending? Maybe you could give me some inspiration which would make my choice easier.

• New Members

I would like to attend a chinese language academic year program in fall 2019 , my hsk results are hsk4 = 272

hskk zhong = 58

don't know what went wrong at all with the hskk 

do i still got a chance of accepttence

also should the name on the hskk match completely the name on ny password

谢谢

• New Members

I would like to attend a chinese language academic year program in fall 2019 , my hsk results are hsk4 = 272

hskk zhong = 58

don't know what went wrong at all with the hskk 

do i still got a chance of accepttence

If you just want to attend the chinese language program you don't need an HSKK. You just need HSK 3 with 210 points or higher which you have so it wouldn't be a problem for you.

Here you can look up the application qualification requirements of 2019: http://lxs.ecnu.edu.cn/EN/msg.php?id=38

• New Members
On 12/25/2018 at 11:52 PM, ana_hwang said:

@Matheus Salgado hi, I am also planning to apply for CIS 2019-2020 and I thought this information might be useful for you. Let's be friends!

Hey, Ana! 

That's good news, thanks a lot! I also found the Official Release of the Exchange Conditions for 2019 on the internet, which I uploaded down here. As you were afraid, the minimum score required for the 1 year language study option is now 210 points - HSK3. No other major differences though. 

My girlfriend and I are planning to apply to Hust Uni, in Wuhan, for the 1 year language study option. Given that the Confucius Institute here at our university, in Brazil, is not widely known, pretty much everyone that applys to the exchange program is accepted. Hope we're accepted this year. 

And I also wish the best luck for you, girl! You'll be pretty close tho Shanghai! Awesome! And by the way, where are you from?

Best wishes, 

孔子学院奖学金申请办法(2019 年).pdf

Hi @Matheus Salgado

Thank you for the info, means a lot! 

But now we dont have to submit HSKK form is it? I recalled for last year, we have to submit HSKK

I am planning to go to ZheDa, unfortunately for this year, they dont have the chinese language course. Only the chinese language and culture which means I have to take HSK level 4. I guess I will stick to the uni that my CI has partnered with, Hebei Normal University in Shijiazhuang.

Good luck for you and your gf! HUST is great! I hope we all can get the scholarship! 

I'm from Indonesia :)

Dear all fellow scholarship applicants, have you tried to login to your CIS account?
I tried just now and found something interesting in my portal, recruitment page (attached below)

Does this mean this is the only universities accepting CIS students for 2019 and the quota for each school?

en.jpg

Hi everyone! I want to get a one academic year scholarship on language study. I was told CIS wanted HSK4 for language study however I just read the requirements and realized they ask for HSK3. Does anyone know if there would be a problem if I submit my HSK4? I don't have an HSK3... 

@ana_hwang my guess would be those are the only schools who partnered with CIS and those are the numbers that they'll be admitting students. I've literally stared at that page for the whole night to figure out what that supposed to mean and this is my conclusion. ?

I'm not sure if my answer helps.

@MarleneAlv HSK3 is just lower than hsk4, so it shouldn't be a problem if you're gonna apply for language study unless you want to get into bachelor's degree which requires hsk4. 

I think if you have hsk4 certificate, you'll be put in a higher level course/s. But I'm not sure. I'm also trying to get a scholarship for language study for one sem but there's no option for it. 

On 1/13/2019 at 7:43 AM, geniel 珍妮 said:

my guess would be those are the only schools who partnered with CIS and those are the numbers that they'll be admitting students. I've literally stared at that page for the whole night to figure out what that supposed to mean and this is my conclusion. ?

I'm not sure if my answer helps.

Haha sorry for making you confused as well. I asked several people too and they pointed out that this is under a special type of scholarship, scholarship type G.

I think this is the special scholarship set by CIS and the respective school itself and I think the quota is different to the quota assigned to the usual scholarship they offer which means greater success rate? It's just my opinion though.