Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship 2019

Matheus Salgado
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to everyone!

For the application for the One-Academic-Year Study starting in September do we have to wait march or there are other way to do it sooner? For example if I connect on the website I can go till the last step 'Referee' and submit the application. But the application wasn't starting on March 1st?

On 1/31/2019 at 5:49 AM, Richard_ said:

Hi to everyone!

For the application for the One-Academic-Year Study starting in September do we have to wait march or there are other way to do it sooner? For example if I connect on the website I can go till the last step 'Referee' and submit the application. But the application wasn't starting on March 1st?

Hi Richard, 

Nice to know you 

I am afraid that we can only wait until March. I have asked around several friends who have received the scholarship before and they said so.

And if you login, yes you can access it, however, you when you are applying, there's something sounds like (I forgot the Chinese words): which program you would like to apply? And the one year Chinese program is still listed 2018, that means the 2019 is not opened yet. Hope it is clear enough.

Hi everyone. :D I will also be applying for the scholarship starting in September 2019. My HSK4 score is 287 and my HSKK 中 is 71. Not sure yet if I will be applying for the one year program or the bachelors degree. As for the universities I will be definitely trying to get into 北京语言大学 as I've heard very good things about their program and I have some friends there. :D Not sure about the second university, I was thinking about some university in Nanjing but not sure how many of them actually offer a bachelors scholarship. I've tried looking for a detailed list of universities that offer the Confucius Scholarship but I've only found a list from 2018 (http://confucius.buu.ac.th/th/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/3.孔子学院奖学金接收院校-ประกาศรายชื่อมหาวิทยาลัยที่จัดสรรทุนการศึกษาสถาบันขงจื่อ-HANBAN-2018.pdf), not sure if there is an updated one somewhere.

Also just to make sure, the required application documents are just a scanned copy of passport photo page, score reports from HSK, a reference letter and a certification of the highest education diploma right? Honestly I thought they'd want more from us :D

Good luck everyone :D 

• Like 1

On 2/3/2019 at 9:06 PM, Janghyeok said:

Also just to make sure, the required application documents are just a scanned copy of passport photo page, score reports from HSK, a reference letter and a certification of the highest education diploma right? Honestly I thought they'd want more from us :D

Good luck everyone :D 

@Janghyeok yes I have been searching for the complete university lists as well but it is not yet updated for the 2019. I will keep this forum updated when they have the 2019 list already :)

Hmmm from my CI, they required us to make an essay in Chinese for the application. It is not stated in the requirement, but I have read somewhere that we will be required to submit on the application. And someone says that there will be interview with the school, it's good to be prepared.

Good luck to us! 

On 2/4/2019 at 2:54 AM, Richard_ said:

thank for your reply! I appreciate it! Yes, i understood very cleary, I'll try to prepare everything before the 1st and then in march send the application asap

Yay! Good luck! I am applying for the one year program too, so hopefully we both can get it!

On 2/4/2019 at 5:06 AM, MarleneAlv said:

Sorry for this unintelligent question but I don't quite get "highest education diploma". If I am still studying in college, do I upload my high school diploma or a record of my grades that demonstrates I am studying uni.?????

@MarleneAlv I think it is better for you to upload your newest university transcript though. Because if you are uploading your high school diploma, there are some gap between your application and the year you graduated from high school and they will be asking about the gap. So better give them the university transcript. Hope it helps

My  HSK3 score is 275 , HSSK primary 75 marks.

1) In which category I should apply Chinese language/ TCSOL, in which category the chances of getting a scholarship are higher.

2) My first choice would be any university in Beijing city but I am ready to study any other City, what are the chances of getting admission in BLCU or any university in Beijing?

• Like 1

Quick question, I want to study Chinese language only for the one-year term and it only mentions on the website that it needs hsk3 with 200+ points but it does not mention about the hskk. So I don't need to take hskk test, right??

On 2/7/2019 at 11:21 PM, Richard_ said:

I never studied in a Confucius Institute. Can I apply anyway? I can put as recommending Institutions Testing centers for hsk right?

Yes you can apply. Yes you can, I guess not all HSK test center can recommend, better you should ask your test center.

On 2/9/2019 at 1:13 AM, geniel 珍妮 said:

Quick question, I want to study Chinese language only for the one-year term and it only mentions on the website that it needs hsk3 with 200+ points but it does not mention about the hskk. So I don't need to take hskk test, right??

Yes you don't need to take HSKK for Chinese language unless you want to aplly for TCSOL which requires both, HSK 270+ and HSKK.

I have question about the Foreigner Physical Examination Form? On the CIS website I haven't seen anything but on the website of the university I'd like to apply it's written that is required. But the link where it says I can find the form is offline, where I can find it?

Another doubt: in the university website it's written: (applicant with a duration of study for more than one year should submit this form) but I'll apply for the  Scholarship for One-Academic-Year Study  that in reality are 11 months. Should I do search and do the form anyway?

19 hours ago, Richard_ said:

I have question about the Foreigner Physical Examination Form? On the CIS website I haven't seen anything but on the website of the university I'd like to apply it's written that is required. But the link where it says I can find the form is offline, where I can find it?

Another doubt: in the university website it's written: (applicant with a duration of study for more than one year should submit this form) but I'll apply for the  Scholarship for One-Academic-Year Study  that in reality are 11 months. Should I do search and do the form anyway?

I think Foreigner Physical Examination Form is required after the university accepts you and you get the scholarship. At least that's how it works in Europe. 

• Like 1