Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship 2019

Matheus Salgado
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

1 hour ago, Li Na said:

@Tuxon @devinaandreas Thank you for your answers. When I sent my email to the uni I received an automatic reply saying that due to the large amount of emails they receive every day they won’t be able to respond promptly.

So maybe they will also start the enrollment process in July.

My CI is not really well informed but I will ask them to call the uni if needed because I really want to have all the paperwork behind me so I can finally relax.

Are you in contact with other students that are also going to that university?? Maybe they have better insight, maybe you are all in the same situation so that means theres no problem.

1 hour ago, devinaandreas said:

I am still waiting for the uni to give clear instruction because at xiamen uni website there is no cis option. 

Im in Jilin uni, when i created the account it asked me if i am self-founded, CIS, government scholarship or other one i forgot. Once you chose, it doesnt asks for your CIS number, but they asked us to send it in the mail within the physical address information.

If the process starts in July for you both, then it means maybe they are waiting for more people or something.

I guess best thing will be to get also in touch with other students, in CIS facebook groups you might find more people, i saw a lot of posts of people doing WeChat groups.

• Helpful 1

1 hour ago, Tuxon said:

I guess best thing will be to get also in touch with other students, in CIS facebook groups you might find more people, i saw a lot of posts of people doing WeChat groups.

Thank you for the advice. I found one group on FB for CIS 2019-2020 and asked if someone is going to Donghua university. I will see if someone answers me. 

I’m not really familiar with WeChat. How did you find  such groups ? Do they appear when searching in the search bar or you need a QR code from somewhere else? 

19 hours ago, Li Na said:

Thank you for the advice. I found one group on FB for CIS 2019-2020 and asked if someone is going to Donghua university. I will see if someone answers me. 

I’m not really familiar with WeChat. How did you find  such groups ? Do they appear when searching in the search bar or you need a QR code from somewhere else? 

Our university send us a mail after we reached Stage 5 (last week), on the mail they added a QR code for the WeChat group, idk if you can search for groups or what in another way. Maybe you will need to start a new group if you find people that are also going, and theres no group created.

Maybe we are all in the same situation since no one is getting new responses from universities, maybe they are waiting for a new batch of new people before start doing everything, idk. Hope you can find people who are also going to your uni, so you can keep in touch with them and check on their status... Theres also a Confucius Institute Scholarship (with no years) that has more members, 3632 members, maybe you can also check in there and find more people.

Im also at Stage 5 and since there has been silence for long time im also anxious again lol, i guess its normal and we just need to wait :P

As i write in the text, theres a lot of maybes, the best thing to do is that our local CI help us, since they are the link between us and them. Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, lahore said:

@Tuxon In our case Financial Supporter and Guarantor in China charging your case is same “The Hanban”?

i really didnt understood that part, since if you think about it, it should be Hanban or the University, the one who is giving you the monthly money, right??? But i saw on Facebook group mixed answers, and then in my WeChat group with the other students, one posted a photo where she put her mother in Financial Supporter and in Guarantor some contact in China. I asked to the coordinator of our group, she is from Jilin university and she is also on our WeChat group, she told me it was ok to put one of our fathers and then some contact in china, so i did that... But idk if it was ok, since the person from university told me ok, i think it should be ok, but my paperwork its still "in process" since June 17.

• Thanks 1

@lahore @Tuxon

In my case I remember asking a lot of people about my Financial Supporter and I as well had mixed answers about it, some say parents, some say guardian in China and some say HanBan. but I asked a friend that went to the same uni as me back then and she said that the financial supporter is 孔子学院 and the relationship is 推荐机构

As u can see in the pic below, the first one in from my 申请单 and the second is from the Visa Application

IMG_20190701_225813.jpg

IMG_20190701_230241.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@lahore

Guarantor in China is needed in the paperwork as u will see it in the Visa papers as well, but the real guarantor in China is actually ur uni and the staff 办公室 that r in charge of u the moment u get the scholarship, the idea of having a guarantor in China is to have someone "Chinese obviously" that u know and trust just in case something bad happens "God forbid" and they can't help or unable to contact ur family. 

In my case, me nor my uni ever needed my guarantor except for the first time they sent me and my guarantor an email at the same time to inform us that they have the needed info within... 

• Like 2

Well i already filled it out the financial supporter with my father and guarantor a Chinese person who is in charge of international students at Jilin daxue, i guess in our university we all did the same since we asked on the WeChat group to other Chinese person who is in coordination with us, and told us it was ok to do it like this. But what you say and put on the screenshots makes sense and should be like that i guess.

• Like 1

@Tuxon

I don't think it makes much of a difference what u write as the main financial supporter is actually 汉办 and u can communicate them anytime u have a problem and believe me they will reply and help u to the last sec, so chill out pack ur bags and get ready for a unforgettable journey ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/18/2019 at 4:15 PM, Tuxon said:

Our local CI director (Argentina) told us they will also pay for our plane tickets, and i understand they do for all latin america countries and i think from african countries too.

We are just doing the inscription on the university website, when we finish this (June 21) we will ask to the university (in our case Jilin University) if they will actually book our plane tickets, now im kinda scared lol.

I know from previous years everyone from here got their free plane tickets, but since in that letter it says 2019 they might changed it? idk. Maybe it depends on each university.

I just got this email from my Uni, regarding the place tickets

"1. 是的,你所在的国家哥伦比亚,在机票援助的名单里。你要至少提前30日向我校提交订票信息,并在使用机票后提供给我们往返机票对账单并附带GP标志蓝色行程单复印件."

Can someone help me translate it?, I roughly understand that I to send them the booking information of the tickets 30 days in advance, but the other part is very confusing.

• Like 1

My application status changed to Admitted , but i still have no news about plane tickets, when i get my admission paperwork i will write them again about that.

Im only HSK3 so i cant really understand, and with translation i can also only understand the first part, maybe if you cant find help here you should ask your local CI to help you out.

• Like 1

They just also send the PDF with the information we need to know about university, starting date, etc... At out uni, Jilin daxue, we will start the 6th of September, they ask us to get there the 3-4 of September. The 6 is Friday so i guess it might be a introduction about uni and choosing level?? Since next day is weekend ha.

Idk the rest of you if you already have the starting day.

5 hours ago, Tuxon said:

They just also send the PDF with the information we need to know about university, starting date, etc... At out uni, Jilin daxue, we will start the 6th of September, they ask us to get there the 3-4 of September. The 6 is Friday so i guess it might be a introduction about uni and choosing level?? Since next day is weekend ha.

Idk the rest of you if you already have the starting day

Omg now that you have mentioned it, I realize that I have no idea when I'm supposed to get at my uni. When I applied on the university website it said our registration was on the 9th of September.

I guess now I have to contact them to ask which date specifically I should arrive. Have you already booked your plane ticket? Or you're waiting to process the visa first?