Chinese-Forums

Confucius Institute Scholarship 2019

Matheus Salgado
Lu
Message added by Lu

Dear scholarship applicants,

Please don't forget we have LOTS of useful information on this site, not just the scholarship topics. We can advise on learning Chinese, life in China, visas and if you can't find what you need to know, you can ask a question

Take a look around!

Lu

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 9:27 PM, Richard_ said:

The Application Statement should be written in Chinese or English?

Preferably in Chinese. I applied last year with a statement written in Chinese after it was proofread by a Chinese friend. 

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 12:39 PM, Janghyeok said:

I think Foreigner Physical Examination Form is required after the university accepts you and you get the scholarship. At least that's how it works in Europe. 

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 4:46 PM, Richard_ said:

but I'll apply for the  Scholarship for One-Academic-Year Study 

@Janghyeok The physical examination is required for people that want to study in China for more than six months with a X1 visa. Those who want to study for less than six months on a X2 visa do not need the physical examination.

• Thanks 1

EmperorTomatoKetchup

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum but found it to be a great source of information. I am going to take the HSK 3 test at the end of this month and I wanted to apply for a confucius scholarship to learn chinese in China. In the regulations it mentions "Chinese language study" only for one year, not for half a year (one semester). Can anyone tell me whether it is possible or not to apply for a one semester language course after passing HSK 3, or does it have to be one year? (I already passed HSK 2 with full marks and HSKK with 77 but as far as I know that won't get me far in terms of application for a scholarship). Thanks!

8 hours ago, EmperorTomatoKetchup said:

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum but found it to be a great source of information. I am going to take the HSK 3 test at the end of this month and I wanted to apply for a confucius scholarship to learn chinese in China. In the regulations it mentions "Chinese language study" only for one year, not for half a year (one semester). Can anyone tell me whether it is possible or not to apply for a one semester language course after passing HSK 3, or does it have to be one year? (I already passed HSK 2 with full marks and HSKK with 77 but as far as I know that won't get me far in terms of application for a scholarship). Thanks!

In the first page you have the link with all the scholarships, you should be able to apply for the semester scholarship once you get the HSK3 http://cis.chinese.cn/Account/Proceduresfor?lang=en-us

But to be sure you should check in your country Confucius Institute to see if they are giving it (I guess that they give the same scholarships everywhere, but just in case and to be sure...)

EmperorTomatoKetchup
28 minutes ago, Tuxon said:

In the first page you have the link with all the scholarships, you should be able to apply for the semester scholarship once you get the HSK3 http://cis.chinese.cn/Account/Proceduresfor?lang=en-us

But to be sure you should check in your country Confucius Institute to see if they are giving it (I guess that they give the same scholarships everywhere, but just in case and to be sure...)

Thanks, but under the page you liked it only says "Chinese Language Study" for one year course, the one semester scholarship doesn't seem to have the Language Study course. Can anyone confirm that?

3 hours ago, ana_hwang said:

@Richard_ yes correct! Shijiazhuang! How was it? Is it as polluted as people say? Good luck with your application!

Hmm, I have been there in summer and it was actually very good but some of my friends are there now and I saw some photo. During the winter yeah, it's polluted. But the worst period lasts only a couple of week

EmperorTomatoKetchup

I have a question about the accommodation provided through the scholarship. Is it always in a dorm room that you have to share with others? Or does it depend on the university? I also read that you can apply for 700RMB in order to find your own accommodation. Is that always possible and easy to do?