Chinese-Forums

Help needed with translation of porcelain inscription

A-aron

Larger characters read 花开富贵, it's a set phrase for wishing success and prosperity and also the name for auspicious imagery of flowers in full bloom (which is the base meaning of the first two characters) https://baike.baidu.com/item/花开富贵/33222 Is there floral decoration on the piece?

Then there's a date in the sexagenary cycle, 丁亥年 a ding hai year; apparently most recent one of those was 2007 and then you can count back in sixty years intervals if you think it's older (1947, 1887 etc).

Last three (on left) will be the artist's signature I presume but I can't make it out; hopefully someone better at this will chip in!

Well, searching for the two characters I can read it might actually be a place name, 里心镇 Lixin Town; there's one in Fujian but no idea if it's known for its ceramics (or if I've read that right at all)

6 hours ago, Jim said:

Last three (on left) will be the artist's signature I presume but I can't make it out; hopefully someone better at this will chip in!

Well, searching for the two characters I can read it might actually be a place name, 里心镇 Lixin Town; there's one in Fujian but no idea if it's known for its ceramics (or if I've read that right at all)

It's 景德鎮 which is the porcelain capital of the universe.

• Helpful 1