Chinese-Forums

Using infographics to learn Chinese

Vivid Chinese

A lot of of work has clearly gone into those, thanks.

HSK vocabulary organised thematically is something I would find especially useful. Have you got any further than HSK 1?

The website isn't too easy to navigate though... have you considered using clickable infographics or a slightly more dense site map to provide an overview of what's there?  A wordy list of blog posts takes a while to browse through.

• Like 1

Hi, mungouk,

Thank you for your feedback. I did spend a lot of time making those.

I plan to make until HSK 2 by mid next year. Not sure if I will go up since the vocabulary list is very long. But I will try! :)

Yes, we plan to make the site easier to navigate. We hope we will have a website update before the end of the year... 

• Like 3

Hi Karen,

Thank you for sharing. It looks really promising. I think I might be a visual learner myself. I hope I will see more pre-intermediate to intermediate level contents and I agree with @mungouk regarding the navigation. I know nothing about web design so unfortunately I can't give constructive suggestion but I also find the blog style posts a bit fiddly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

These are all great! Have you considered dropping the English translation or moving it to a glossary? This would further leverage the strength of images that already contain the conceptual meaning of the words. 

8 hours ago, 艾墨本 said:

These are all great! Have you considered dropping the English translation or moving it to a glossary? This would further leverage the strength of images that already contain the conceptual meaning of the words. 

Hi @艾墨本,

I am glad you found them useful!! Moving the English translation to a glossary is something in my mind and like to do in the future if the website still running! :) Those will be great for the advanced learners. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We now have both infographics and videos! 

It is our pleasure to have Carol from Growmommy.com who is making some great videos from our infographics.

Check out the videos in these posts:

And here are the newest infographics:

•