Chinese-Forums

HSKK Intermediate

Artur_阿图

3 minutes ago, mungouk said:

I wonder how much impact the HSKK has anyway, in terms of obtaining jobs.

Probably not a lot. I mean, any interviewer worth his salt would be able to know how good your spoken Mandarin is during the course of the interview. Personally for me, it's just something concrete so that I can direct my studies in a more concerted manner rather than ambling along.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, agewisdom said:

any interviewer worth his salt would be able to know how good your spoken Mandarin is

Probably worth considering though that having a qualification at a certain level listed on your CV/resume can make the difference between being short-listed for interview and not being short-listed.

Hence why we chase after qualifications.

5 minutes ago, mungouk said:

Probably worth considering though that having a qualification at a certain level listed on your CV/resume can make the difference between being short-listed for interview and not being short-listed.

You're right. The qualification only serves as a prerequisite to filter out the candidates. Every little bit helps, I guess. It really depends on what institutions or company you're interviewing with. In most commercial companies, it's the experience that counts more than paper qualifications. It's the reverse in the academia, so I understand your point of view.

In fact, in the academia, they go as far as scrutinizing the transcripts and grade for each year and also for middle school qualifications etc.