Chinese-Forums

Can someone please tell me what this tattoo says.

Guest Random35

Hope that's your shoulder, not your butt, but (sorry, couldn't help it) you're safe,  it could be Charlotte...

I can't see the first character clearly on my phone, but if it's something close to a sha or a cha sounding character, you would have a Chinese phonetic approximation of Charlotte.

Somebody else can confirm...

TBZ

沙樂德 Shā-lè-dé Sand-happy-virtue

Seems an uncommon transliteration of Charlotte, but it's close enough. The calligraphy is not great, but doesn't seem to be awful either (it's pretty faded). Not sure if that 樂 is actually a Japanese 楽, that might throw off the transliteration a bit.

First character is 莎, I think, note the top. I can't help but see the top middle component of the second character as 力, but that's not a character. Calligraphy to me looks fairly good, although the last one seems a bit out of proportion. Maybe the tattooist got tired. 

Actually 莎乐德 seem to be the transliteration for Schallert, Germany. So not too far off.  < edit: ignore, it's not actually a place.

• Helpful 1