Chinese-Forums

Sesame social credit score

阿童木

So after reading so much about this in western press in the last few months, I finally got around to seeing if my alipay account has a social score!

how do I compare to other chinese-forums sesame citizens, and any tips on how to improve my standing as an upstanding member of PRC society ? 

221543892948_.pic.jpg

• Good question! 1

To my knowledge, the Sesame score (which is in the pictures you are posting) is not the same as the government-rated social credit score. So talking about 六四 and buying diapers instead of booze goes into two different systems with two different scores.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Not surprisingly, WeChat is starting its own credit scoring system:

http://www.ejinsight.com/20190114-wechat-pay-pilots-credit-scoring-rival-to-alibabas-sesame-credit/

What is surprising, though, is that your WeChat credit score will depend not just on your own activities, but your friends' as well: "Under the WeChat Pay Points system, credit scores of a person’s friends and personal connections on the WeChat platform will be taken into consideration to calculate the individual’s credit scores."

• Like 2

First time I checked. Given I practically never use alipay I'm surprised I even have a score at all. I always try link all payments to wechat . Maybe there is something linked to alipay that I have forgotten about. MoBike ? 

As regards credit scoring I can't see how its impacted my life  in China as I always pay for things upfront. The only think I can think of is when I forget to pay my phone bill and I don't get cut off. Another one might be buying goods on taobao without paying from them initially however as far as I'm aware then money his into an inrermediary and then you elect to pay once you are satisfied (or automatically after 10 days if you do nothing?) 

Car rental might be an issue perhaps but I did rent one in the first year I was in China 

Then again in the UK I have an average credit score at best. The only major impact on my life was  obtaining  a mortgage. However to get a very good credit score you need to building up a history of credit and paying it off on time.

Screenshot_20190115-081109.jpg